BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

As for Millwall, they have been getting away with murder for years. Last season in their FA Cup tie against Hull at the KC Stadium, Millwall fans disgraced themselves. If the club continues to be supported by a thuggish bunch of neanderthals who cause chaos whenever they play in a Cup match then it's about time that Millwall were given a Cup competition ban.

I was told years ago that the police would not shut the notorious pub The Queens on Town Hall St because as all the dealers and users congregated their the drug squad could quite easily keep an eye on the situation. He said that if they'd shut it down the drug scene would have fragmented all over the town and it would have required far greater manpower and effort to police.

I guess this is the only reason for Millwall's existence?

Simple answer. Males between the ages of 14 and 65 not allowed. That would make the game a whole lot safer.

Teams consisting of Blackburn and Burnley U13 schoolboys with Duggy, Fred and Ronnie guesting for us and Lockhead and Noble for them! Back to the drawing board Jan. :rolleyes:

And Sky Sports news was running the commercial for the film 'The Firm' in the ad breaks between reporting the violence at Upton Park.

And news this am that the inter city line is to be upgraded.

Edward kennedy dies whilst undergoing treatment for a tumour.

'F Troop' anyone?

Forgive me for going a bit Daily Express on everyone, but I do object to all those hooligan books and films that have been around the last couple of years. They do often glamourise this kind of frankly childish and cowardly behaviour, and make it appealing to the postuering, swaggering chavvy nobheads. It's like that stupid Sky Show 'Britain's Hardest' a few years ago, but without the unintentional comedy of seeing Steve McFadden doing his Phil Mitchell act.

Idea for Upton Park redevelopment (top of the page)?

Edited by Billy Castell

This has prompted some discussion on our boards re the likelyhood of trouble at our games.

One fan is insistent there is no hatred from Balckburn to Burnley, it is all onesided. Now I seem to recall somebody mentioning a bus (maybe more?) of Rovers fans intercepted by Police on way for a bit of bother last time we met - does anybody know about this and/or have a link to any articles covering it?

Forgive me for going a bit Daily Express on everyone, but I do object to all those hooligan books and films that have been around the last couple of years. They do often glamourise this kind of frankly childish and cowardly behaviour, and make it appealing to the postuering, swaggering chavvy nobheads.

I'm sure I read somewhere they are going to make a film starring that idiot who's hanging out of Jordan at the moment, the pikey that won the lottery, and most disgusting of all the murderer Winston Silcott.

Can't we ditch 'Britain's got the funniest animals' and have a real 'Running Man' on Saturday night ?

Anyone notice how fat hooligans have got?

Back in the day they were all wiry young men charging around. Now they seem to be podgy, bald 50-somethings, shuffling about in expensive jackets. Half of this lot will have died of coronary failure before the police catch up with them.

It's not what it was, I tell thee.

Forgive me for going a bit Daily Express on everyone, but I do object to all those hooligan books and films that have been around the last couple of years. They do often glamourise this kind of frankly childish and cowardly behaviour, and make it appealing to the postuering, swaggering chavvy nobheads. It's like that stupid Sky Show 'Britain's Hardest' a few years ago, but without the unintentional comedy of seeing Steve McFadden doing his Phil Mitchell act.

Idea for Upton Park redevelopment (top of the page)?

People who go looking for trouble meet other people looking for trouble, very rarely you get innocent people in these scuffles. Anyway if you start banning things that glamourise certain aspects of society there wouldnt be hardly anything on tele and hardly any films. get a grip.

not sure about anybody else (and will probably get slated here for it) , but there still seems to be alot of reporting hysteria flying about again re the game last night and the usual knee jerk rather than what actually happened.

Now I am not vindicating what happened, nor naive in thinking that there where not people who where intent on causing trouble - but it seems there was more disorder rather than violence that happened

There is a history between the two teams that goes back along while - playing in different divisions and not being a regular doesn't help either - so there was always going to be a tense atmosphere in and outside the ground and exacerbated by the way the game actually pannedd out (Millwall (underdogs) away from home take the lead) goading then a late equaliser from the Hammers - emotions run high in Derby games - pitch invasions are not unknown and I know it still doesn't make it right but they do happen and especially in highly charged games.

I'm only going off what I have heard and read ( both sets of fans and stewards), and even on the BBC wedsite to quote Malcolm Clarke Chairman of the FSF says "It's important to get to the bottom of it but too many hysterical over-reactions don't help"

By all accounts it was a Millwall fan that was stabbed and listening on the radio from fans and in statements is not as bad as being made out and was a series of events that just escalated.

An investigation may prove otherwise but there has been mention of overcrowding at the Tube station with no trains being stopped/ held back- for anybody who has been on the train/tube to West Ham will understand this which led to the initial disturbance with the police outside the ground, there where not enough Police or Stewards , the initial 'disturbance was just the usual stand off and goading with a police line and items (paper cups , coins being thrown) until the police broke the line trying to clear up and seal off streets which is apparently when Millwall fans managed to get through the police and sporadic fighting did take place.

Disturbing and frightening for the majority who went no doubt (1 person getting stabbed is one too many), and also for the residents in the area and although it shouldn't happen there appears to be a lot of condemnation without back up or understanding of what really went on.

People who go looking for trouble meet other people looking for trouble, very rarely you get innocent people in these scuffles. Anyway if you start banning things that glamourise certain aspects of society there wouldnt be hardly anything on tele and hardly any films. get a grip.

Where did I say they should be banned? I said I think they're pathetic wastes of time and effort that shouldn't really be made as they are so utterly crap. Like anything Catherine Tate is in. Get a grip.

looks like the excuses are coming out already for Wesh Ham and Millwall. with "if the authorities and clubs did everything they could, they might not be punished"

What a joke, a football CLUB is not a single player, its not a team by its self, a manager or the coaching staff, its everybody involved with that CLUB. This includes everybody from The players, staff and the largest group of People, THE FANS. I dont think there's been an over reaction, look at all the different incidents thay have shown on TV, then think what they havn't show. It wasn't just people outside the ground causing trouble, it was inside the ground as well. and it wasn't a small group, videos show a hundred or so inside the ground.

THe fans of WHAM and Millwall have to be punished and the only way is to kick them out of the comp for a few years and request games to be played behind closed doors at home.

They could and should start showing interesting and intelligent programmes instead of the mindless, boring, banal rubbish that gets aired in the name of 'Entertainment'.

I've watched the BBC footage of last night's unrest several times and while I agree wholeheartedly with comments made by others about how damaging it is to the game, especially the possible repurcussions for a World Cup bid, and how both clubs are long overdue for serious punishment, a completely different thought entered my head. Watch the prancing West Ham fans on the pitch and have a look at the gestures they make with their arms. They sort of hold them in an arc-shape and make windmilling motions starting in the groin area raisng the hand up and then outward once they reach their faces. Then go onto Youtube and seek out footage of rampaging chimpanzees and you see much the same sort of gesture. Desmond Morris probably had a wet dream over it, assuming he's not dead yet.

Seriously, they should be kicked out of the competition and fined very heavily. Millwall are saying their fans didn't go on the pitch but I'm sure the police catalogued enough incidents off the pitch to bring them to book. West Ham fans are a hateful bunch (I was there when we played them near the end of 94-95 season when those lovable Cockney rogues set upon dozens of Rovers fans without any provocation) and I can't think of a club whose fans I despise more. And that includes Burnley. I doubt the Premier League can do much given it was a Carling Cup game but given the FA's impotence when it comes to punishing West Ham I doubt they would anyway.

not sure about anybody else (and will probably get slated here for it) , but there still seems to be alot of reporting hysteria flying about again re the game last night and the usual knee jerk rather than what actually happened.

Now I am not vindicating what happened, nor naive in thinking that there where not people who where intent on causing trouble - but it seems there was more disorder rather than violence that happened

I don't know. I remember a lot of people trying to play down the Rangers fans unrest in Manchester until the CCTV footage was released by the police. Some of the reports play it down but other don't sound good at all. I suspect that footage may eventually circulate showing it as being very bad by modern day standards.

People who go looking for trouble meet other people looking for trouble, very rarely you get innocent people in these scuffles.

That's rubbish. During the 90's I used to go to about 6 or 7 away games a season. In that time I got a bit of a kicking at Chelsea (first day of 93/94 season) and punched at Leeds (5-2 loss one Easter). Both times we were in a group of three walking away from the ground.

Edited by Hasta

Anyone worried that the FA may be a bit lenient on West Ham and Millwall but fire a warning that the next club or clubs involved in any hooliganism will be severely punished?

If our match with the dingles has any trouble whatsoever even small-time compared to the West Ham-Millwall violence the FA could really crack down if they have made a warning over future hooliganism.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

Simple answer. Males between the ages of 14 and 65 not allowed. That would make the game a whole lot safer.

ha ha, the grounds will be half empty then. I have seen a lot of females (if you can call them females), cause trouble at football matches as well as men.

ha ha, the grounds will be half empty then. I have seen a lot of females (if you can call them females), cause trouble at football matches as well as men.

Half empty? They'd resort to playing games behind closed doors to cut down on the cost of playing infront of an empty stadium every week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.