BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] De Pedro Signs

well at least his free kicks appear to curl round the wall instead of INTO it...

user posted image

His free-kicks appear to curl straight into the face of his own striker judging by that photo. That's going to annoy Cole.

Good news though. At last we have a left winger on the books again. Wonder where we'll play him unsure.gif

well emerton isnt playing that well, maybe souey will put him on the right

competition for places, thats what i like, Reid, Thompson, Emerton, Pedro all fighting, hopefully it will mean produce the goods or you have no chance.

I'm quite enjoying the signing this pre-season, really increasing compeition for places and taking care of the left hand side, generally i have confidence in 90% of Souness signings, so hopefully a couple younger player could continue to improve squad.

Edited by chris

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT news, he WAS nominated for best left winger in Europe last season - alongside Duff, Giggs etc.

Let's just hope he can adjust to the Premiership, he's more of a passing winger with an eye for goal if I'm not mistaken. The fact that he was included in the Spain squad last season is a sign of quality - with Vicente, Reyes and so on.. probably the national side in the world with the best wingers IMO!

Now all we need is a solid CD, what about that young Israel defender - he was on free transfer, I'm sure he won't demand huge wages?? Perhaps a good signing if we sign Matteo as well....?

Btw, doesn't La Liga have a very low wage level? I do think De Pedro is a quite cheap option, actually?

Can't wait for Le Chuck's comments smile.gif

He's currently with MickeysNo1Fan in the Brockhall bushes trying to get a glimpse of his idol.

Hope he's not taken the horse and cart. May take him a while to get back to post his comments.

Im guessing he'll be the new rovers number 11!!

Also Lee, do you know if theres going to be a special rovers world today with de Pedro on it?

alas no, the deal wasn't completed until late last night, and none of us speak Spanish!

Im guessing he'll be the new rovers number 11!!

Also Lee, do you know if theres going to be a special rovers world today with de Pedro on it?

alas no, the deal wasn't completed until late last night, and none of us speak Spanish!

I do, sort out my transport, my stay, a brand new Rovers Lonsdale shirt signed by De Pedro and i'll sort the interview.

He's currently with MickeysNo1Fan in the Brockhall bushes trying to get a glimpse of his idol.

On the subject of Mickey, de Pedro and Gray down the left next season doesn't sound bad at all.

On the subject of Mickey, de Pedro and Gray down the left next season doesn't sound bad at all.

A hard working attacking minded left back

And a left winger

Bliss biggrin.gif

Can't wait for Le Chuck's comments smile.gif

Sorry about the delay...got a bit excited when I saw the news, bit of a paper towel shortage and...well...you know how it is.

Can't really say how pleased I am that we've got him...a left winger who played every game for Spain at the last World Cup and has played in the Champions League. We can probably boast one of the top 5 left sided midfielders in the league now, compared to the worst last season.

rover.gif

Personally, I'd rather have MGP and I still have reservations about de Pedro's current form BUT given the lack of cash and that we couldn't afford the inflated fee required for MGP, this is as good as we're going to get so well done Rovers for moving in before other clubs. Good news that he'll be arriving in time for pre-season training rather than a last minute arrival like Andresen who turns up out of shape.

damn chuffed!!! biggrin.gif

whilst keeping my fingers crossed... and, assuming that the butt rumours are true...

de pedro butt fergie emo

the above could be our first choice midfield next season. certainly mouth watering. with thompson, reid, tugay and flitts competing alongside those four, i reckon we could have one of the strongest midfields in the league even...

even if the butt deal doesnt happen, we're still pretty well off there...

add another centre back (matteo??) and next season sounds really promising!

Vyeo, Butt is not coming to Ewood so you can take him outa your team. We don't need him we have plenty of other quality players and he is a waste at £7m

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, of de pedro and its a excellent signing. He is a left footed winger who although not someone who is not gonna constantly beat the full back, will balance the team out. Last season it was so obvious that we could only attack down one flank (right). He is on a free transfer which means that funds can be spent in other ways (not butt). As for his age, he still has 2-3 good more years in him and btw is the same age as giggs who i don't think we would sniff at.

Finally, if it all goes wrong, we have only paid his wages anyway and can't be another Grabbi. All round great business Souness.

For me one of the most impressive things about recent arrivals at Rovers is the way Williams and Souness seem to be able to persuade players to choose us above anyone else who's interested. With the exception of McBride, who appears to have been swayed by non-football motives (London).

Emerton was phoned on his mobile during his negotiations with Williams by Bobby Robson but still came to Rovers. Ferguson was chased by Everton and at least one other. Dickov had them queuing round the block because of the low fee. And now De Pedro had options in Spain and alternatives in England but he's been bagged as well. There may be other examples.

I'm also impressed that they did not go over their valuation of Pedersen. This is our offer, take it or leave it. Bye bye.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.