BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England 3 - 0 Switzerland

in ROONEY that scares the living sh**e out of defenders something that vnd, raul and co do not do !

So Raul one of the highest if not the highest scoring player in the champions league will not intimidate defenders? Henry, who almost single handedly demolished every defense in the Premiership this season and Inter Milan will not at least make defenders worry a little bit? hmm withstupid.gif

Once Rooney is found out defenders will have him in their pockets like the season just gone in the Premiership.

Edited by sumps

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fully expecting England to get at least a draw tonight against the Croats to ensure qualification for the quarter-final.

The current Croatia side is not in the same class as the one which reached the World Cup semi-final in 1998, with players like Suker, Jarni and Boksic in the team at their peak.

The Croats, with a population of only 5 million, struggled to qualify for Euro 2004 - finishing below Bulgaria in their group before sneaking past Slovenia in the play-offs.

Although they did well against the French on Thursday, I'd be surprised if they beat us tonight.

If England finish runners up in Group B, we'll face Portugal in the quarter-final - who won Group A last night by beating Spain.

You actually have to go back to our 1966 World Cup semi-final win over the Portugese for our last win in a competitive match against them.

Our only victory in the last 30 years against Portugal was in a friendly in 1998, when Shearer scored twice.

Both ourselves and Portugal have reached the semi-final twice in the European Championships - England in 1968 and 1996, Portugal in 1984 and 2000.

There's much to look forward to this week....

Spain not having enough quality if England are on top? Apart from Raul Bravo, their defence and goalkeeper are world class. Their midfield has everything, passing ability, defences qualities, tones of creativity, wingers who really go past players and a real goal threat. Up front they have some of the best strikers in the world, although Raul is having a shocker like Owen. Not enough quality? laugh.gif

Are you still laughing about Spain not having enough quality ?! laugh.gif

I can't wait for England to meet them ... looks like 2006 will be the first possible chance though !

Keep the analysis coming in - it's absolutely hilarious !!!

My powers of looking into the future must have been off that night, along with the other people who laughed at the idea of England having more quality than Spain. As for the analysis, people saying things like England are going to win the the competition, with it being pre-ordained like the rugby world cup is hilarious. If they were to win it, it would be one big upset.

people saying things like England are going to win the the competition, with it being pre-ordained like the rugby world cup is hilarious.

Was our winning the rugby WC pre-ordained then? Why didn't someone tell, I would've stuck a bet on! D'oh!

When England win, people get carried away. I'm not sure if some of the comments on here are an attempt to temper that, or whether some people are just peeved when England do well.

I think most of England supporters are simply at one end of the spectrum or the other. Either they see a bit of success and jump on that and decide that this is "our year", or they see the success and say we'll fail just like we have done every other time so there's no reason to get excited. I'm not trying to moan about the French, but try living here, even when they lose there's always a good reason for it and they'll still tell you that they are better.

laugh.gif Oh Holland for sure, overrated rabble just like Spain and Italy, watch that little Latvian score a hat-trick against them.

I'm wondering why I'm finding the other Irish lads comments as hilarious as Tris and co, I hope it's because England actually have a great team for once and not that I'm going to be getting a George's Cross tattoo soon ohmy.gif

As for the analysis, people saying things like England are going to win the the competition, with it being pre-ordained like the rugby world cup is hilarious. If they were to win it, it would be one big upset.

There is always someone coming along saying it is fate that this is the time- no doubt some Italians and Spaniards said so this time last week.

As for it being "one big upset"; not quite, it'd certainly be a bit of upset but it'd be a major suprise only to those who thought England had no chance at all in the first place. In other words, those who don't know their arse from their elbow. England have always had a decent chance but then so do a number of other teams and yes, that included Spain...

It's still France's tournament for the taking though....

Edited by FourLaneBlue

England have always had a decent chance but then so do a number of other teams and yes, that included Spain...

Indeed they did, and I never believed otherwise. They had as much chance as the Czech Republic, Italy, Sweden etc.

Absolutely.

Like Italy going out !

Who's next RoyRover - Holland or Germany ??

laugh.gif

While it's hardly conducive to your little witch-hunt ("He believes not in England? Burneth him!") a quick peruse over another thread will underline the fact that my compatriate was simply countering a rather ludicrous and quite naive argument. One which debased every other capable team in the tournament.

But hey, that's just the facts... dry.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

I'm wondering why I'm finding the other Irish lads comments as hilarious as Tris and co, I hope it's because England actually have a great team for once and not that I'm going to be getting a George's Cross tattoo soon ohmy.gif

Rich, it's simple. You're a West-Brit. I can almost hear that droning, Clongowes-educated accent? "I f***ing floored it Fintan:11 seconds..." wink.gif

Absolutely.

Like Italy going out !

Who's next RoyRover - Holland or Germany ??

laugh.gif

While it's hardly conducive to your little witch-hunt ("He believes not in England? Burneth him!") a quick peruse over another thread will underline the fact that my compatriate was simply countering a rather ludicrous and quite naive argument. One which debased every other capable team in the tournament.

But hey, that's just the facts... dry.gif

The post he responded to may well have been slightly ott but seeing as the vast majority on here are cheering England on then we are allowed that are we not. Instead RoyRover proceeded to slate England and state just why we will do nothing.

This was backed up with facts like the gems that the Germans have shown they can rise to the big occasion, and Spain have the best attack. Now fair play for making bold predictions but when you get left with egg on your face you can hardly blame people for laughing.

As for the comment about anyone bit cheering England getting stick, well that's just nonsense. The few posters actually cheering on other teams have by and large put their point across well and been respected for it. When posters come on sneering and making digs then they should expect to be treated like a Burnley fan who would come on here slating Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.