BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Garner

Rooneyo was a hit for Michael Holliday back in the 50's. He was known as 'Bong Crosby' because of his singing style and later committed suicide through depression.

On a related note, I saw Alistar Campbell on FF, and he was his usual arrogant dim witted self. What a grade A tw_t he is, regardless of which team he supports.

Guess you have to be if you're the ex-Minister of Propaganda biggrin.gif

• 2 years later...

Cant find any other topics about Simon Garner so I'll post here.

Unfortunatley I never got to see him play for Rovers, but my uncle used to speak about him and how great he was for the us. Plus living in Blackburn you cant really not no about him, so when I saw his autobiography on ebay the other day I just had to buy it. What a book it arrived this morning and I started reading after work and just finished it now.

He seams like a down to earth guy that loves football and playing it.

If you havent read the book its well worth buying :tu:

Cant find any other topics about Simon Garner so I'll post here.

Unfortunatley I never got to see him play for Rovers, but my uncle used to speak about him and how great he was for the us. Plus living in Blackburn you cant really not no about him, so when I saw his autobiography on ebay the other day I just had to buy it. What a book it arrived this morning and I started reading after work and just finished it now.

He seams like a down to earth guy that loves football and playing it.

If you havent read the book its well worth buying :tu:

What a Legend. An all time Rovers great. Would always oblige an autograph in the 100 club after the game - pint of thwaites in one hand - B&H pushed into his mouth so he could hold the pen with the other.

My generation will talk about Garner with the same fondness that some of the older guys talk about Douglas and Clayton. Whilst he never played for England or in the top division - he was always recognised as the top centre forward outside of the then first division.

How football has changed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.