BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Neild( Let) V Alan Nixon(indep,people)

Not to mention sexist. While he's signed some black players how many women has he signed? None at all. There'll be some bras being burnt outside Ewood soon and it'll all be down to Souness' anti-female bias.

Yorkie's probably already burnt his.

Are you still there, Yorke? Why haven't you flipped off yet?!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to back up my earlier post, about filling spaces and making money out of us.

Have a look at ITV teletex. page 504. Headlines.

World Cup Superstar Ewood Bound

Biggest Deal in BRFC History.

Mega Deal for Stiker Supreme

Small print phone calls cost £1 per min, this could be a long call

It will be Claudio Lopez from Lazio

Click Here - Sky Sports

Just to back up my earlier post, about filling spaces and making money out of us.

Have a look at ITV teletex. page 504. Headlines.

World Cup Superstar Ewood Bound

Biggest Deal in BRFC History.

Mega Deal for Stiker Supreme

Small print phone calls cost £1 per min, this could be a long call

It will be Claudio Lopez from Lazio

Click Here - Sky Sports

WHOOOOOOSH!!!

You're quick you arent ya?!

Hmmmm...so Souness surrounds himself with lots of young, athletic lads and even goes as far as to actually pay them for their "services". Even more damning still is that he used to have a moutasche. How gay is that?

I'm sure Andy Neild could spill the beans if he wanted but he'd not be let into Ewood again.

I'm sure Andy Neild could spill the beans if he wanted but he'd not be let into Ewood again.

Quite right too! They've got expensive carpets in the press room. Can't have Andy Neild covering it with bean stains. It's not like we can afford another if he ruins it.

Best not get that Ross lass on penalties mind. Anyone else remember her woeful last effort in 94?

Very much so. Me and my brother were furious at how it belittled the great tournament. We made many a mock re-enactment. The keeper dived about 5 metres out of her way to give her a open goal too... terrible mad.gif

• 4 months later...

rover.gif was chatting in the boozer last night and the subject of the ewood mole came up.

my mate was convinced alan nixon was always in the 100 club,in the late 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we used to go for a pint before the pubs were opened,he reckoned we used to chat to alan nixon in the 100 club.he reckoned nixon was a portly guy,i could not remenber these meetings-too much alcohol -too many world cups.but if his recollection's are true,and nixon's scoops on the rovers which have always been near the button.

the plot thickens tinykit.gif

He gets a lot of stick on here Nixon but a lot of his stories regarding Rovers have appeared to be true.

Remember the £10 million story to halt the Rovers decline- thats what Souness thought the board would give him before the end of the season.

However the directors went back on this as they assessed the situation in the summer.

Nixon (who is Scottish) now works as a freelancer was close to Souness in that they have known each other for years. I am not sure in any accuarcy of the Rover related links that Nixon has. However he has reported the Savage story around 3 times already so you can assume that Hughes wants him.

Breaking the Cole story on his own in the summer showed he has must have a contact at Ewood. Whether that contact left after four games or not is debatable. Or is it even one of the board? Surely not that many people could have known that Rovers were actually deciding to let Cole go on a free. Nixon got that one right and got there first. Unsuprisingly Neild comes across as part of the Ewood PR machine and rightly so. After all, he knows not to bite the hand that feeds him. At least not too hard.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are perfectly logical reasons why it appears that Andy Neild pinches stuff from Nicko's column.

I would imagine that he does indeed have much better contacts within BRFC than Nicko, you just need to see all the direct quotes from Chairman John to see that. But such access comes at a price, which is toeing the party line. We saw with LDRover's column that, despite his affable persona, Chairman John doesn't see the LT's role as being presenting both sides of an issue.

So Mr Neild is in something of a bind, he has good information but can't use a lot of it. His one get-out is that once information is in the public domain, there is no point keeping schtum, so he is then able to add his own angle, usually supported by direct quotes.

If I were Andy Neild, I would be delighted that Nicko is burrowing around and going to press with stuff on an internet site, because that includes stuff spiked by the nationals and hence adds to the amount of news that he can leverage. In fact, I might even drop Nicko the odd tidbit....

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

Don't think you can compare the two.

Mr Nield works for a local newspaper in which a story gets ready to be printed about 14 hours before its read, as we all know football stories have a habit of changing very quickly.

Mr Nixon works for a national newspaper and has the kindness to put up info on to this site but doesn't have to put out a full page story about Rovers every day.

Maybe we need to invite Nield on here to have his own thread, that way we can have a battle of the journo threads and see who gets the most views.

Don't think you can compare the two.

Mr Nield works for a local newspaper in which a story gets ready to be printed about 14 hours before its read, as we all know football stories have a habit of changing very quickly.

Mr Nixon works for a national newspaper and has the kindness to put up info on to this site but doesn't have to put out a full page story about Rovers every day.

Maybe we need to invite Nield on here to have his own thread, that way we can have a battle of the journo threads and see who gets the most views.

Andy Nield has been on here, around a year ago I think.

He was defending himself and his employers against some angry punters.

I thought the LT was extremely naughty today.

The back page carried a large banner headline and picture of Roque proclaiming:

[size=7]"Roque absent as pre-season starts"[/size] p22

The inference being there's something untoward in that and he's off.

Of course when you turn to page 22 it's simply because he's been given extra time off.

I always thought years ago when I penned "A Roverall View" that Andy Neild apart, there was a real anti Rovers bias on the LT sportsdesk and more recently I've noticed that Andy Neild seems to have Mondays off. The pieces written in his absence by the likes of Gavin Gibbon and Gary York invariably seem to belittle Rovers.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

I always thought years ago when I penned "A Roverall View" that Andy Neild apart, there was a real anti Rovers bias on the LT sportsdesk and more recently I've noticed that Andy Neild seems to have Mondays off. The pieces written in his absence by the likes of Gavin Gibbon and Gary York invariably seem to belittle Rovers.

Is it not more to do with selling papers?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.