BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Charlton

Glenn

The Ground

Visiting Fans are normally allocated a section of the South Stand (aka the Jimmy Seed Stand).

Some seats are obscured views and beer was available in the ground last season.

Travel

Motorists should approach via the M25 and exit at Junction 2 and then

take the A2 towards London. The A2 eventually becomes the A102. At the

first roundabout after joining the A102 take the third exit towards

Woolwich Ferry. After one mile turn right Charlton Church Lane and then

left into Floyd Road.

Charlton station is about 5-10 mins walk away from the ground. Exit the

station, cross Charlton Church Lane and go down Floyd Road which is

opposite the station. Floyd Road takes you to the ground.

Drinking

A common meeting place for Rovers fans is the Antigalican, which despite a large main room can get very very busy in the run up to kick off. It's about 10 mins walk to the ground and gets a good mix of home and away fans . The Anti-G has giant screen Sky Sports, but getting a spot where you can see it may be a problem. It's on the corner of Charlton Church Lane, almost directly opposite the train station.

Slightly nearer the ground is a Liberal Club (about 200 yards up the hill from the station) with a main room more suited to social functions that football fans, but the atmosphere was friendly enough last season. CIU members were free, non-members we're welcomed but had to pay a small entry fee.

The Fans, Stewards and Police

Had quite a laugh with the stewards last time and I honestly don't remember seeing any police ! The fans are great and have a lot in common with Rovers fans.

Websites

The official website is www.charlton-athletic.co.uk

The best of the unofficial sites is Forever Charlton.

Maps

Multimap (Ground & Station)

Pics

To Follow

This entry is based on the details from www.awayguide.net © 2004-2004

Some advice regarding eating and drinking and toilet facilites.

As for food and drink, i would take your own food and drink with you as at half time it is very hard to get served as all there is, is a small window selling a small collections of Beer and pies and if your standing in that que the likely hood is you will miss about 5 minutes of the second half as the service is very slow.

Also try not to get into the situation where your dying for the toliet as at busy periods you could be waiting about 5 minutes in the que for the bog.

In regards to the train station, if you have a tight connection in London to get home i would leave the ground a couple of minutes early as the police only let a handful of people onto the station at once, leading to quite a conjestion to catch your train, expect to be waiting about 20 minutes.

Final thing does anyone have any idea about car parking, is there much near the ground?

Had quite a laugh with the stewards last time and I honestly don't remember seeing any police ! The fans are great and have a lot in common with Rovers fans.

Glenn its a couple of years since I went down to Charlton but the Steward setup must have changed - as they certailnly weren't so for 'having a laugh' then.

Just to add to the travel section for Charlton - there are regular overland trains that run from Kings Cross and probably other stations that maybe the London based fans could confirm. Allows you to have a scoop or few in the City before going to the ground

In addition - this applies to all London Clubs - for those of you travelling from the North when driving - what I have found is that it is very convenient to do is to come off at Stanmore junction of the M1 and head for the tube station - signposted all the way - and use the tube. They have secure car parking and to leave you car all day /night is very cheap. Did this when we played Spurs last game and appears to be a much quicker and less hassle/stress free and cheapish way of negotiating London.

An option for people who are driving is to avoid London completely and spin round the M25 to Dartford, which has a half hourly train service to Charlton taking about 15 minutes.

From Central London trains are from CHARING Cross (CaptainK) and also call at Waterloo East and London Bridge, which is on the Jubilee and Northern lines.

This links to a PDF timetable showing all trains to and from Charlton / Central London / Dartford

An option for people who are driving is to avoid London completely and spin round the M25 to Dartford, which has a half hourly train service to Charlton taking about 15 minutes.

From Central London trains are from CHARING Cross (CaptainK) and also call at Waterloo East and London Bridge, which is on the Jubilee and Northern lines.

This links to a PDF timetable showing all trains to and from Charlton / Central London / Dartford

Cheers Tris - I knew it was one of them the Guinness always greys the memory rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Travel - i went by car last year and had a clear run.

exit M25 J6, M11, A406 thru Blackwall Tunnel

to Greenwich. parked on safe residential side street foc less than 5 mins. walk from ground.

returned by same route & arrived back home in Rochdale @ 8.30pm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.