• Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Hughes will remember his own words when Neill* was leaving "The grass isn't always greener somewhere else" (Although it was greener cash, not greener grass, that Lucas wanted, of course)

* Might have been when Bellamy was leaving, I can't remember which one...

Gutted. No other way to put it.

That Hughes would want to manage a top club, especially one he has played for, is more than reasonable and something I've been steeling myself against for quite a while. To be honest who can begrudge him that? He's a top class manager and deserves a chance to manage at the highest level.

But City?

No ties to them - in fact the opposite - and a chairman who redefines the word impatient? Sven did what asked to and got fired, that is hardly a stable working environment. Fans who have much too high expectations and a squad which is weaker than ours - there's some good players in there but how many (cm aside) would get in our team?

The fact Hughes is willing to go to talk with City suggests that he wants out of Rovers in the worst way, he and could signal the break up of our hugely promising squad.

When you've finished with the rope MC...

He's just as bad as the others who've left us. He was game for the Newcastle job and would've left us then if they'd come in for him.

If he joined Chelsea we could have no complaints - the prospects there are so much better that we don't compare. But to join City really does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

To hell with the man as far as I'm concerned, he's no better than Neill or Bellamy.

Guest fernhurstblue

" to hell with the man as far as i'm concerened, he's no better than Neill or Bellamy"

grow up!

" to hell with the man as far as i'm concerened, he's no better than Neill or Bellamy"

grow up!

If you're going to make statements like that at least make some justification for them.

Like I said, I would have applauded him for a job well done if he joined Chelsea. Maybe not wished him all the best - but thats only because of my feelings for Chelsea.

The fact Hughes is willing to go to talk with City suggests that he wants out of Rovers in the worst way,

Like any sensible person he would want to see want City have to offer. He also knows that this will force Chelsea to decide if they want him.

We all knew he was ambitious, but he must really be confident if he thinks he can last any longer than Sven did - it seems like Frank has some very lofty goals at Eastlands. That said, he'll finally get the chance to show what he can do with a decent transfer kitty. Ironically, it's just about the same time that we decide to finally back him ourselves, albeit with a smaller amount.

I don't blame Rovers, we can't back him with money we don't have. If he thinks he can do better at City then good luck to him, it's a big gamble in my view. Splashing out on 2-3 quality players at Ewood and pushing the club on further would have been a better way to attract the bigger clubs IMO.

Nevermimd, it wasn't like him leaving has come as a massive surprise. Thanks and Goodbye!

Double Standards?

"David Bentley has a good contract here and there is good length on that contract, so we don't have to sell. Players are employed, they are under contract, and the decision on whether or not they see out the length of their contract doesn't depend on them - it depends on me or the chairman," the Rovers boss maintained.

In other words, contracts should be adhered to and respected.

Strangely, however, Hughes' doesn't seem to believe that this principle applies to himself - in case he has forgotten, it was only in November that he signed a deal that, in the words of The Times, would 'keep him at Blackburn Rovers until 2010.'

Hughesy should be very careful going there into a very unstable setup. I wouldnt trust that owner as far as I could throw him. Hughesy has always had a great relationship with the senior management at Ewood as indeed have most recent Rovers managers. This guy is good at making promises but has he delivered? Having sacked a famous international manager for meeting his set targets then I would be wary of what this boss really wants. Please Mark think long and hard about this move. I will be sorry to see you go but the club lives on and another chapter is about to be written with our next appointment.

and the decision on whether or not they see out the length of their contract doesn't depend on them - it depends on me or the chairman," the Rovers boss maintained.

As highlighted he said it depends on the chairman. He asked to talk and we agreed, it's not like he has quit on teh back of him having another job or backed us into a corner to let him.

Rovers could have turned the approach down, I'm not sure where that would leave the situation, but we haven't.

well thats it im totyally dissillusioned with football now.anyone involved has no morals and are all money grabbing mercaniries.How the f can he slag others for leaving and then do exactly the same buggers belief.Why ######? only ££££££££££££££££££££££££ for all his man u connections he wants this?would garns become burnley manager would he bollux.Ive had txts all day off mancs telling me how big a club they are and i pointed out there silverware .All this and a mad head evil chink who hires and fires like hes playing champ manager.

ah well,I know we had a high finish but weve had some dross this season too.

Mark Hughes has been an excellent manager for the club and I wish him well if he goes to Chelsea or Manchester City. He's ambitious and wants to make the most of his managerial career. It's the same in any walk of life, if you can advance your career you do. We are supporters of Blackburn Rovers and love the club but to Mark Hughes, his staff and players, their time at Ewood Park is just one phase of their careers. It doesn't make it easier for us as supporters but you can't blame them for trying to further their own careers.

During his time at the club he has given 100 per cent, he's improved the squad and the League position and turned the club into one that challenges for Europe. For that we should be very thankful to him.

The sad fact is that the Rovers are no longer a big club in terms of being able to compete in the transfer market. The hardest task for John Williams will be to find someone as good as Hughes.

Mark Hughes has been an excellent manager for the club and I wish him well if he goes to Chelsea or Manchester City. He's ambitious and wants to make the most of his managerial career. It's the same in any walk of life, if you can advance your career you do. We are supporters of Blackburn Rovers and love the club but to Mark Hughes, his staff and players, their time at Ewood Park is just one phase of their careers. It doesn't make it easier for us as supporters but you can't blame them for trying to further their own careers.

During his time at the club he has given 100 per cent, he's improved the squad and the League position and turned the club into one that challenges for Europe. For that we should be very thankful to him.

The sad fact is that the Rovers are no longer a big club in terms of being able to compete in the transfer market. The hardest task for John Williams will be to find someone as good as Hughes.

Indeed. In fact it's only a few weeks ago when I suggested that for his own careers sake he's done as much as he can here and it's time for him to be moving onward and upward. The City job might not be that though unless the guy from JJB who was nosing around our club has extracted lots of assurances from the clown at the top.

Indeed. In fact it's only a few weeks ago when I suggested that for his own careers sake he's done as much as he can here and it's time for him to be moving onward and upward. The City job might not be that though unless the guy from JJB who was nosing around our club has extracted lots of assurances from the clown at the top.

Which clown would this be then?

I know it's been brought up elsewhere but I'm going to use this thread to re-ask this question:-

After developments this week, would you be happy to see Mark Hughes still as manager of Rovers next season??

No in my opinion.

Can't command respect from current and incoming players now. How can he persuade the likes of Bentley and Santa Cruz that this is the place to be after this.

Nah-nowt against Hughes of course, but we're too far down this road now. In the end, we were 3 points shy of a Euro spot this season, so a win at Brum on the last day looks like the straw that broke the camels back IMO. If we had got that spot, I reckon MH would have stuck to his original guns of knocking City back like last round. Thin line this game...I blame Brad!

Nah-nowt against Hughes of course, but we're too far down this road now. In the end, we were 3 points shy of a Euro spot this season, so a win at Brum on the last day looks like the straw that broke the camels back IMO. If we had got that spot, I reckon MH would have stuck to his original guns of knocking City back like last round. Thin line this game...I blame Brad!

Quite understandable that he can not remain here, I just hope that he gets a warm round of applause when he returns instead of a round of boo's

Quite understandable that he can not remain here, I just hope that he gets a warm round of applause when he returns instead of a round of boo's

No problem of this as long as he's leading out Chelsea.

Man City is a different kettle of fish. Like if Neill had gone to Liverpool.

Granted, I've never been to Ewood, but based on the reactions I've heard come across the TV in the past...

He'll get nothing if he heads to Chelsea, maybe a nice applause, with a few boos tossed in, but rather muted.

If he goes to City, he'll get booed loudly and have some unsavory songs sung at him...

If he stays at Rovers, he'll get booed as well, likely, booing will continue if he gets off to a ba start, it will be forgotten quickly if we start like a house on fire.

Absoloutely not. Now that he looks as if he's not in the Chelsea running, he has two options, choose City or resign-and lets face it he's hardly going to do the latter. He's played his hand, and ultimately he's come up short. There's no coming back. You only need to read Warnock's words to see that he will have lost the faith of the dressing room. Also despite being a little git, what would Bentley and all of his other signings think?

It's a sad end to a very good job, but Hughes has to do the honourable thing now and that is to realise his risk didn't pay off, but join City all the same.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Granted, I've never been to Ewood, but based on the reactions I've heard come across the TV in the past...

He'll get nothing if he heads to Chelsea, maybe a nice applause, with a few boos tossed in, but rather muted.

If he goes to City, he'll get booed loudly and have some unsavory songs sung at him...

If he stays at Rovers, he'll get booed as well, likely, booing will continue if he gets off to a ba start, it will be forgotten quickly if we start like a house on fire.

Something along the lines of 'You Sold Your Arse To Chickboy...Arse to A Chickboy'