• Undecided
    • No
    • Angry.
    • I wanted Grooby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rover: yesterday signing of JO shows why sparky left,spent more in one transfer than he did in his whole time at ewood :unsure::brfcsmilie:

I thought Jo was on tick? If so he's spent nowt yet ..... but City's future well being. No doubt you could 'buy' a Ferrari waggy and whilst I dont know your financial status I'd guess that paying for it at the end of every month for the next 3 years might prove somewhat problematic. :)

Edited by thenodrog

Structured payments over 4 years. Jo and Ronaldiniho transfers are above Hughes' head.

It's a tough job when you can't sign the players you want and have to fit big ego'd players into your team.

Structured payments over 4 years. Jo and Ronaldiniho transfers are above Hughes' head.

It's a tough job when you can't sign the players you want and have to fit big ego'd players into your team.

:rover: after 4 years of sparky at ewood,i reckon he won't have signed anyone who he thinks ain't good enough for his team.bitching used to be for women :brfcsmilie:

i reckon he won't have signed anyone who he thinks ain't good enough for his team

He didn't sign him. The owner specified that he should be signed along with Goofy. Hughes is putting a brave face on it but they weren't his decisions.

There is no doubting they are quality players but you can't just put world class players into a team and hope it works out. The players have to fit into the way the team plays. That's why Madrid have got rid of all their big names and now sign players who fit in, Barca are doing the same as well.

He didn't sign him. The owner specified that he should be signed along with Goofy. Hughes is putting a brave face on it but they weren't his decisions.

There is no doubting they are quality players but you can't just put world class players into a team and hope it works out. The players have to fit into the way the team plays. That's why Madrid have got rid of all their big names and now sign players who fit in, Barca are doing the same as well.

:rover: absolute tosh,if hughes did not want either JO or ANY OTHER PLAYER HE WOULD NOT HAVE SIGNED THEM :brfcsmilie:

:rover: absolute tosh,if hughes did not want either JO or ANY OTHER PLAYER HE WOULD NOT HAVE SIGNED THEM :brfcsmilie:

Ha ha ha ha ha ..since when does a guy who moved for a hefty hike in his salary tell his human rights abusing boss that he has chosen the wrong player!!!

Just like Jose wanted Shevchenko i suppose or now that Roman has told Big Phil that he wants at least 1 russian in the team. Remember Smertin?

As I said I'm not saying that Jo or Goofy aren't good players, they would be good additions but there is no way Hughes had any say what so ever in their purchase. They were being signed about a month before Hughes even came into post.

At Least the walker trust haven't told Ince that we're going to go ahead and buy someone without his consent. It's Hughes head on the chopping block next summer and personally i would like to be the person picking the players who are going to be my downfall.

I'm of the opinion that when City were first linked with Ronaldinho and Jo that Hughes couldn't have given a flying one either way cos he'd been convinced by Kenyon that he was to be the manager of Chelsea.

Its what i dont understand, how he was allowed into England in the first place, arent immigration extremely strict in England??

Strict if you're skint - a ton of cash in the bank goes a long way. Look at how we let convicted rapist Mike Tyson in a few years back.

Man City fans know what a two-faced creep this Thai man is...

340x.jpg

A man happy to pose with his own personal Man United shirt. Maybe he wanted the votes of the United fans in Thailand when he was the Prime Minister there. A couple of years later and Thaksin Shinawatra suddenly claimed to be a lifelong Liverpool fan when he wanted to buy the club in 2004. Now he says he's a Man City fan. Can we believe a word this man says?

What I do know is that he was banned from political office for five years by the constitutional court in Thailand when it was discovered that his political party had violated electoral laws. Thaksin's assets were seized and he is currently now on trial in Thailand on corruption charges.

Amnesty International has condemned Shinawatra. As well as allegations of corruption, there have been apparent human rights abuses and the killing of innocent civilians together with allegations of tax evasion and the muzzling of the free press. Shinawatra's critics (and there are many) say that his great wealth came by bending the rules. They say that he's a dictator who lined his own pockets. And when bird flu struck in Thailand there was initially a cover-up that cost people their lives.

Pradit Chareonthaitawee (I haven't made the name up) is a prominent member of the national human rights commission. He told the Guardian four years ago about one typical case during the period when Shinawatra ran Thailand, when an old man's three sons were killed in broad daylight in the middle of a village in Thailand. "The police just blocked the road and killed these three sons. One of the sons was stabbed in the mouth, the second electrically burned on the left side of the body and the third shot in the back."

Is Mark Hughes proud to work for such a man?

Kavi Chongkittavorn (I wouldn't like to pronounce that surname after a few vodkas but the name is genuine) is a senior newspaper editor in Thailand and has likened Shinawatra's thuggery to that of Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe.

(A link to quotes from Mr Chongkittavorn and Mr Chareonthaitawee is between the 18th and 20th paragraphs of the article here)

I feel Hughes is a man of principle and is unlikely to be prepared to work for a man like Abramovich

Picking up on Pauls comment. I also believe that Hughes is a man of principle.

I wonder, in the light of the very serious allegations against Thaksin Shinawatra, whether you still believe that Mark Hughes is a man of principle?

I personally lost respect for Hughes the moment that he joined Man City. For me he put money above principles Paul and Alan. Values like loyalty and integrity went out of the window when Hughes cosied up to Shinawatra.

"Stabbed in the mouth, electrically burned on the left side of the body and shot in the back". Is this the type of thing that Mark Hughes is happy to be associated with by wanting to work for this disgraced former dictator?

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

[He told the Guardian four years ago about one typical case during the period when Shinawatra ran Thailand, when an old man's three sons were killed in broad daylight in the middle of a village in Thailand. "The police just blocked the road and killed these three sons. One of the sons was stabbed in the mouth, the second electrically burned on the left side of the body and the third shot in the back."

The Guardian !?

Commie rag . I wouldn't necessarily believe that ...... :unsure:;)

Man City fans know what a two-faced creep this Thai man is...

340x.jpg

A man happy to pose with his own personal Man United shirt. Maybe he wanted the votes of the United fans in Thailand when he was the Prime Minister there. A couple of years later and Thaksin Shinawatra suddenly claimed to be a lifelong Liverpool fan when he wanted to buy the club in 2004. Now he says he's a Man City fan. Can we believe a word this man says?

Bobby_Robson_Shinawa_36934a.jpg

He's even happy to pose with other clubs shirts that have his name spelt wrong.

Edited by Baggio

I work In Ci'eh territory. They've just forked out £19m for a Brazilian striker. You honestly dont hear that many complaints.

They have done a highly complicated deal on the never never that just squeezed into the EPL rules to sign Jo.

The complaints come later....

Sooooooooo with Frank's assets frozen at the moment, all these big signings are being funded in the hope they'd be unfrozen. Now that would be typical Citeh if they had a financial meltdown because they spent money they didn't have. It would be hilarious if both Manchester teams crumbled because of the mad scramble for rich owners and easy money. I doubt it would happen though.

The difference between Bradford & Bingley and Man U is that everyone says B&B are screwed when they are not (new issue fully underwritten) whereas Manu.....

Remember the first 21,000 of the City gate goes to the Council to pay for the stadium.

So Sparky has walked into a club where the "paying" crowd is less than Rovers' if Thaksin's never never really never happens.

With Fergies No 2 about to leave to manage Portugal Hughies move to Man City may have been a bit hasty..

Why?

Not a chance Hughes would have gone anywhere as a number 2, even Utd.

Edited by MarkBRFC