BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fulham

Glenn

Ground

Craven Cottage is a great old ground, with the emphasis on old.

Previously Away fans are allocated The Putney Terrace and seating in the Riverside stand, however in the 01/02 season they have been moved to the upper tier (seating) and lower tier (terrace) section of the Stevenage Road stand.

Unlike the old Riverside Stand, The Stevenage Road Stand has a roof and the atmosphere is still good but a row of support pillars ensure obscured views for most seated fans (and often some standing).

Unlike the Putney Terrace the loo's are made of breezeblocks and not just portaloos, but there are still far too few. The is also a food kiosk, with huge queues, but the food quality was OK.

All the stands allow smoking with the exception of the Stevenage Rd end which being one of the oldest in the country is constructed partly of wood. No Bookmakers was found inside the ground, but there is one near to the ground.

Pubs

Most pubs around the ground are home only, so away fans tend to drink in

Putney Bridge. There are plenty of away friendly pubs on the south side

of Putney Bridge, the favourite being the Eight Bells.

For those wanting to grab a snack on the way to the ground, the walk from the Eight Bells to the ground (assuming you go down the road and not through the park) passed several chippies and kebab shops.

Travel

By Car

Getting to Fulham is easy, parking isn't. To find it simply leave the M25 J15

onto the M4, follow it to the end and where it runs into the A4, Hammersmith

fly-over runs into a very large roundabout, turn right (by going 3/4 of the

way round and actually turning left) towards Fulham and Putney Bridge. The

ground is located on your right in around 2 miles.

Parking is available on the streets around the ground (but get there early) ,

their is also a multi-story in the middle of the large roundabout in

Hammersmith and possibly more in Putney Bridge.

Train / Tube

The ground is just a short walk from Putney Bridge Tube, the pubs are an even

shorter walk.

Fans / Police / Stewards

Nothing much to say.

Websites

Official - www.fulhamfc.co.uk

Unofficial www.fulhamweb.com

Feel free to add you own info below.

Has it ? I didn't think the planned work went ahead. Ah well, you live and learn. Please disregard the above info then !

I like this new colaberative format, it means I can get things wrong and everyone else can put them right smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone fancy meeting for a few scoops pre match?

We are flying down on Friday night and making a weekend of it (Thanks to my airmiles!)

Usual pre-match venue is the Eight Bells at Putney Bridge.

Link

If that gets too busy (it usually does) then there's a big O'Neills just over the road, which has one of the largest screens in London (which isn't much use to us as we're the 1245 KO).

For the first time ever I'm flying to a domestic away game. It's the only sensible way I can get there for the 12:45 k.o. (or whatever time it is).

Anyway, cheap flights are available from Manchester to Heathrow and back on flybmi.com.

Excellent idea!! thumbs-up.gif

Just booked my flight! £64.90 in total (£14 each way plus taxes) which is what it would have cost me to drive down and stay over somewhere Friday night.

I'm so excited! Just hope there are some tickets for the match left!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.