• Looking for our forums? They can now be found Here

  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rovers complete Dack swoop


    Kamy100

    Rovers have this evening completed the signing of Bradley Dack from Gillingham. The 23 year old has signed a 3 year deal with an option of a 4th year. He will cost an initial fee of £750,000.

    Sources have also confirmed that Rovers are closing in on a deal for Ben Gladwin, the QPR midfielder spent last year at Swindon and has been heavily linked with Rovers over the last week or so.



      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback




    If they'd put even this kind of cash in this time last year, even taking Coyle into account, we probably wouldn't have been in the situation of trying to get back to the Championship in the first place.. So forgive me for being frustrated rather than excited. Depending on how many leave to balance the books, we could be in for a relatively successful season, but its still a season in League 1. Entirely avoidable and spending after the horse has bolted is totally illogical, like the rest of the last 7 years. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but expecting to be disappointed.

    6 people like this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Its hard to be negative...even after the last 7 years.

    Last time this kind of targeted work was done was King Kenny and before that Gordon Lee, both leading to a major upturn in results.

    Maybe we can start looking for an upturn and that much needed 'momentum'. And TM seems to get his men.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Oh yes boys, Bradley Dack! 

    A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner tossing off whilst his mate RECITED OLD TALES ABOUT LAW SCHOOL.

    Sounds like he takes a good corner though (something that correlates with his bedroom misdemeanours!).

    Top 6 in League one is looking like a distinct possibility, can't wait to see some "proper tackles" next season.

    Erm, no Bradley, not what I meant. Put it away mate.. 

    Edited by Batman.
    LEGAL REASONS
    8 people like this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Long stopped trying to work out these owners. Though these signings coud easily be offset by sales later in the window, the fact there actually seems to be a plan this summer is a plus point.

    After nearly 7 years of this farce, people have every right to be cynical and yes *gasp* negative too, the missed opportunites and dreadful decision making of this era has hardwired this mindset into many of us. However, since his appointment Mowbray and the players have had nothing but support on a matchday, so as long as that's the case there's nothing wrong with having a gripe and a 'oh what might have been' lament on an internet message board.

     

    2 people like this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

    Long stopped trying to work out these owners. Though these signings coud easily be offset by sales later in the window, the fact there actually seems to be a plan this summer is a plus point.

    After nearly 7 years of this farce, people have every right to be cynical and yes *gasp* negative too, the missed opportunites and dreadful decision making of this era has hardwired this mindset into many of us. However, since his appointment Mowbray and the players have had nothing but support on a matchday, so as long as that's the case there's nothing wrong with having a gripe and a 'oh what might have been' lament on an internet message board.

     

    Absolutely we all have reason to be negative and suspicious, I'm also reserving the right to be positive about isolated things and take them at face value.

    For the league we are in I will say for me Dack and Whittingham are the most exciting signings since Rhodes.

    Both potential risks but both would be welcomed by every other club in the league.

    I know it's all relative and it's shocking that it is where we are now but I can't recall the last time we actually took a player from a team that wanted to keep hold of them.

    I'm worried what's around the corner but looking forward to the season as well.

    2 people like this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    For a cheap song, how about 'Dacking all over Ewood'? Or would that give him too many ideas?

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, Batman. said:

    Oh yes boys, Bradley Dack! 

    A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago...

    You might want to edit this post. His mate was found not guilty.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

    You might want to edit this post. His mate was found not guilty.

    Quite right Stupot, just spoke to my lawyer!!

    "A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner masturbating both sensually and heroically whilst his mate had fully consensual Adonis esque sex with a fully conscious and frankly grateful young woman."

    (Original post also edited, full story here... http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-gills-player-cleared-of-rape-31944/)

    Edited by Batman.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 minutes ago, Batman. said:

    Quite right Stupot, just spoke to my lawyer!!

    "A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner masturbating both sensually and heroically whilst his mate had fully consensual Adonis esque sex with a fully conscious and frankly grateful young woman."

    (Original post also edited, full story here... http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-gills-player-cleared-of-rape-31944/)

    :lol:

     

    I never stopped loving you.

    2 people like this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    37 minutes ago, Batman. said:

    Quite right Stupot, just spoke to my lawyer!!

    "A man I was unaware breathed oxygen until roughly one week ago, when I read about him standing in a corner masturbating both sensually and heroically whilst his mate had fully consensual Adonis esque sex with a fully conscious and frankly grateful young woman."

    (Original post also edited, full story here... http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-gills-player-cleared-of-rape-31944/)

    You can't be too careful.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Just now, T4E said:

    :lol:

     

    I never stopped loving you.

    Bloody hell! Look what the bat dragged in. :D

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    12 minutes ago, philipl said:

    Anyone know if he is any good?

    T4E? Quite a fun poster tbh!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I don't get modern players. If I'd have played as badly as that I'd have spent Saturday night lying in a darkened room !

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.


    Sign In Now