It’s been quite a week...
1. Accidentally made it illegal to drive to Wales
2. Made it easier to see other people's parents than your own
3. Issued new advice that was officially ignored by Scotland, Wales, NI, and the councils of Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle.
4. Admitted there WOULD be a border down the Irish Sea, after a year claiming there wouldn't
5. Said its ok for a child-minder to come into contact with your kids, as long as you "open a window"
6. Published advice that you can car-share, as long as the driver "doesn't look left"
7. Announced £2bn investment, so we could use public transport again
8. Told us it's our "civic duty" to avoid using public transport
9. Announced the PM would make a speech on Sunday, cos it had to be implemented Monday
10. Then, when challenged, said they meant Wednesday
11. Then said we must go to work
12. Then said we must not travel to work
13. Then said it was all explained in the published guidelines
14. Then had it pointed out to them in parliament that they hadn't published guidelines
15. Blamed the public for not understanding the new rules
16. Then went on TV to explain the rules, got them wrong, and had to be corrected by Piers Morgan
17. Then went to parliament to explain the rules, STILL got them wrong, and had to be corrected by the opposition
18. Said we should wear facemasks
19. Then said we shouldn't wear facemasks
20. Then said - again - we should wear facemasks
21. Clapped for NHS workers
22. Then introduced a 55% increase in the fee foreign staff pay to work for the NHS
23. Announced quarantine for new arrivals, a mere 73 days after being officially advised to quarantine new arrivals
24. Announced they had "only just started" recruiting people to do track and trace, a mere 110 days after being officially advised to urgently do track and trace
25. Issued a plan to open schools, which teachers said was unsafe
26. Then said doctors were brave, but teachers weren't
27. Then had to watch as doctors said the teachers were right, and it wasn't safe to open schools
28. Then announced tests for kids but not for teachers
29. Then had to have it explained on live TV that infected teachers can still infect kids
30. Scored 0% in a French poll of which govt was doing best for its people
31. Dropped 45 net approval points in UK opinion polling