BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flitcroft And Jansen

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh Genesis ;) I'm hoping my tickets arrive today, I've also ordered a Jansen Legend T-Shirt on pre-order!

I know, I forget.

They're not a happy bunch again at the moment as the Leigh Sports Village have said they don't particularly want them playing there any more, so they will once again be left without a home. At present they don't really know if they'll survive after this season.

If anyone wants to watch them play tomorrow, they're at 'home' at Victory Park in Chorley

What time do these events normally go on to? Just wondering! See they have Savage and Newell lined up, looks like separate events

7:30pm is what time its supposed to start but its usually nearer 8pm..

The evening with Savage should be hilarious as it was when he was on at The Hordens!!!

7:30pm is what time its supposed to start but its usually nearer 8pm..

The evening with Savage should be hilarious as it was when he was on at The Hordens!!!

Forgot to add it usually finishes around 9:30pm

Just got back from this, absolute cracking evening with 2 really nice guys. 1st question was indeed about recent matters (Think it was: Did last weekends papers ring any bells Garry?) Seemed to speak the truth and are enjoying themselves at Leigh despite recent happenings there!

"Who was the worst player you ever played with ?"

GF "Let's just say that if you had a stinker in training you were 'doing a Grabbi'"

.....cue laughter.....

Hopefully that was after Grabbi left - or it would have done wonders for his confidence! :rolleyes:

After the most boring comment by Jansen, guess who I saw at Newcastle Airport last night? Was tempted to say something about it but resisted

Mr Enckleman? Probably for the best you didn't say anything - don't want to cause a fight....or a conversation by the sounds of things.

I didn't get the feeling that many secrets were unearthed - it was more of a Matty love-in to be honest with Rovers fans taking the opportunity particularly to wish Jansen well.

The main "controversy"...such that it was - was GF relating that "some of the big players got Roy Hodgson out". The implication was that RH wouldn't sanction transfers & so they started to kick off & undermine him. GF was very complimentary about Woy saying that he was the best coach he had played under. No player names were mentioned. On an unconnected matter I do recall Tim Sherwood being quite keen to move to Tottenham around that time !

I don't think Flitty has too much time for Souness - GS promised Barry Ferguson the captaincy, which meant Flitty was surplus to requirements. GS apparently then stopped talking to him and used "the Christmas party incident" to get GF out of the club....progressive management style...!

What about Jansen, what did he say that stood out?

My perception - & I'm no psychiatrist - was that the accident really screwed him up & that in hindsight he had perhaps not received the best advice and/or had not always taken it. I got a sense that even now, he was still wrestling with the frustration of an unfulfilled career. He is not remotely controversial based on that evening - as Souness said "son in law material".

My perception - & I'm no psychiatrist - was that the accident really screwed him up & that in hindsight he had perhaps not received the best advice and/or had not always taken it. I got a sense that even now, he was still wrestling with the frustration of an unfulfilled career. He is not remotely controversial based on that evening - as Souness said "son in law material".

That accident was yet more proof that the old (barstool) adage that bad things only happen to good people. Even when you forget about his undouted talent (he WOULD have made it for England. That, I am certain of) he is one of footballs nicest people. I really hope he stays in the game. For the game's sake as well as his own. While he doesn't have the personality of Brian Clough (for example), he should channel that feeling of a lack of fulfillment into a successful career as a coach or manager. What is he actually doing at Leigh? Is he a player? Coach? Both?

Archived