BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Steve McClaren compares his title success with FC Twente to "Blackburn winning the Premier League in 1995 – only without Jack Walker's money." :rolleyes: Why do people always insist that we bought the title?

I think you are being slightly oversensitive there. He's not saying that we bought the title...just bigging his own achievement up as regards beating the established sides.

Over idiots like Holt will say we bought the title certainly but Mcclaren didn't seem to be maligning our achievement. Rather he was saying it was great, but his was greater. Bit ego-driven but fair play to him. The man has had his tough times.

St. Pauli were promoted on Sunday (barring Augsburg over coming a 14 goal difference) ~~ Will certainly bring some excitement to the Bundesliga next season.

Hopefully they'll last a little longer than last time!!

I think you are being slightly oversensitive there. He's not saying that we bought the title...just bigging his own achievement up as regards beating the established sides.

In that case, what's with the addendum about "Jack Walker's money"? He's clearly implying Jack bankrolled the title. The first part of the sentence alone would suffice, without having to throw that line on the end.

To be fair, without Jack's vision and the money to achieve it, we wouldn't have won the league as we wouldn't have attracted the players we did to the club. McClaren is just saying that they didn't have similar finances at his club to support their ambitions but as a small town club like Blackburn, they shared and experienced a similar dream of winning the league against the big boys. Fair play to him!

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover

Dramatic end to the Spanish games tonight. Going into injury time it was looking like Mallorca were going to make the Champions League. Then with 30 seconds left, a teenager Rodri scored with some kind of flying kick to send Sevilla into the Champs League.

Zenit have just won the Russian FA Cup.Beating Sibir Novosibirsk 1-0 with a penalty from Roman Shirokov.

Well done Luciano Spalletti.

In 3 hours time i expect a certain Portuguese fella to be celebrating too.

I'm waiting patiently for it to start, the game that is.

Have done the same as yesterday and put the whole of my bet365 account on Inter to win it today. Hopefully they don't torture me as Chelsea did yesterday.

I'm waiting patiently for it to start, the game that is.

Have done the same as yesterday and put the whole of my bet365 account on Inter to win it today. Hopefully they don't torture me as Chelsea did yesterday.

Inter should win 2-0 or 3-0.It would be a huge shock if Siena got anything.