BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

There needs to be more effort, using cctv to find these trouble makers and banning them. They aren't welcome and there were probably a few real rovers fans who couldn't get a ticket. What is going on

If they can't stop a stupid chance what chance do they have of stopping trouble makers? <_<

Absolutely disgusting what has happened, I hope he pulls through, a great shame to our support! :angry2:

I have not been to an away game since Wigan away last season and it is because of idiots like this. How is it that plenty of our fans believe that going to the football means that it's acceptable to get stupidly drunk, do drugs, abuse people (racist/physical abuse) and behave like an animal? I have seen this

sort of behaviour on the trains from Bolton to Ewood on a regular

basis by so called fans wearing our the colours of our club. I'm ashamed to be a Rover right now because of how pathetic some

of the people representing our club (and I don't mean players/staff for a change). I hope this

man pulls through and the @#/? who did it rots in HM finest for a long time!

• Like 1

Whatever happened this was an accident waiting to happen. I'll make no comment on this incident as the details have not been confirmed BUT with 1300 BRFC fans there that bin could have hit any one of them.

I haven't been to an away match for a few seasons now and have said so more than once on here. Only matches like the semi-final at OT (I paid £55 btw to sit away from the dregs and it was worth every bloody penny) and european trips could attract me nowadays. Awaydays are a thoroughly unpleasant experience regardless of what happens on the pitch. Booze sodden, aggressive, raucous and boorish load of numpty's spoil the experience. I gave over taking my kids long before I called it a day myself, and I have frequently curled up in embarrassment for poor parents who had taken young children as a treat and ended up sat in the middle of the slum dwellers. The unfortunate souls are constantly exposed to the foulest language imaginable with the perpetrators showing no remorse or embarrassment whatsoever and certainly no restraint in respect of the children. On top of that buying a seat and having to stand through the match is inexcusable. Awaydays are not a place for children, the elderly or decent folk in general. Even more of a no no is to make the journey by coach. I'd rather sit at home listening to the radio commentary whilst sticking pins in my eyes for 90 minutes.

I decided not to make travelling to away matches a habit ever again until clubs make two areas available. One behind the goals for the yobs and one down the side preferably for more normal and decent people who can use words of two syllables or more.

imo There seems no half way house between jostling with scum and going corporate and there should be. We could easily start the ball rolling with a section of the JW Darwen End being given over as a pilot scheme to allow 1st class facilities for away fans from SOME BUT NOT ALL clubs. It might even prove a winner.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 1

Whatever happened this was an accident waiting to happen. I'll make no comment on this incident as the details have not been confirmed BUT with 1300 BRFC fans there that bin could have hit any one of them.

Sorry Theno but that comment has to go down as one of your low-lights on this board.

I went to the game today, there was a strange atmosphere at the bar at half time, alot of pi**ed up lads giving it the big un! I didn't see what the incident but there were alot of fans coming back to there seats covered in beer so I thought there had been a fight but when we heard what happened it made us feel sick!

My uncle and I intend to come into Blackburn and watch the Rovers play Birmingham, spend a week touring whiskey distilleries, and then watch the Rovers at Tottenham before flying out again.

Any suggestions as to what areas to buy tickets in for the Rovers v. Birmingham and the Spurs v. Rovers? Our objective would be to avoid the areas with poor fan behavior.

Why? I chose to make no comment on todays events other than the generalisation that that accident could have happened to anybody who was there. Whats the problem?

There are times when a tongue in a cheek just isn't appropriate. When a Rover's fan is fighting for his life, I reckon that's one of them.

Maybe it's just me.

• Like 1

Ive encountered similar behaviour, here in Cape Town. The use of alcohol, and the use of ganja has made watching matches unbearable. The way to solve the problem, is to unfortunately not sell or allow alcohol at the stadium.

My uncle and I intend to come into Blackburn and watch the Rovers play Birmingham, spend a week touring whiskey distilleries, and then watch the Rovers at Tottenham before flying out again.

Any suggestions as to what areas to buy tickets in for the Rovers v. Birmingham and the Spurs v. Rovers? Our objective would be to avoid the areas with poor fan behavior.

I usually sit in the Jack Walker stand upper and have never seen any trouble, ever. I've sat in the family stand in the Blackburn End upper, once again no trouble, many kids in there, quick to get a beer at half time because of this :-)

I rarely go away from home, but I'd imagine it'd be a lottery of where your family got tickets. I imagine after this incident there will be a big police presence in up coming matches.

I've heard of fans killed before, but never at half time on a concourse! This is a first, though with so many ###### up hooligans pretending to be football fans up and down the country it's a wonder there hasn't been more horrible events like today. They are of the same mentality of idiots who go out on the town, get wasted and fight on the way for their kebabs! I'm sure they are still a minority and the majority of our away fans are decent people.

Such a sad thing to happen, thoughts with the guy and his family tonight.

The couple of hundred morons who have attached themselves more frequently to our away support need to be identified and slung away as soon as is possible. So many people maybe people on here having to defend themselves from abuse and physical threats all afternoon today.

Felt today like some people were spoiling for a fight and somebody was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hope news is positive reference his condition.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Sorry Theno but that comment has to go down as one of your low-lights on this board.

I thought it was a good comment to be fair. Theno stated he wasn't aware if what exactly happened but if a bin was flying around it could very well have hit any of the fans on the concourse and anyone maybe related to us could be fighting for their life in this way.

Lets hope he pulls through but the incident and our away following in general will have to be looked into obviously either way

Edited by TCO

Sad news for all concerned.

The news spread like wildfire around the supporters and the mood was ver sombre for the last 20 or so minutes. A family in front of me went down to go home after the 3rd goal went in but got turned back and the daughter who only looked about 12 was in tears after seeing the body.