BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer Topic

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we have got Kalinic who will hopefully come good this season and also the new Diouf who should bag more then Di Santo did last season. Dunny did allright last season, another season like that then i will be more then happy!!! Anyway we did not do that bad last season did we!!

Sams gonna expect more goals from the midfield this year.

Dunn aside we should see more from Olsson, Hoilet, Diouf and Pederson.

If those four manage 5 goals each this season that would be half of what we scored last season alone in the league.

Thats were we have to look for improvement.

I don't think those 4 are good enough to get 5 league goals between them tbh ....

My comment was in response to yours about the current state of the club being "shameful". People who think the club is "shameful" and people who aren't "happy" are, for the most part, two different sets of people.

Actually read what I said and don't try to make it appear totally different. I said the fact that we are going into this season with the current strike force is shameful. It is.

Is that it.... just David Dunn.

So you're confident he'll stay fit throughout the season.

What is your solution? Moan and winge some more? Fire the manager? Shoot the board in the back of the neck?

I haven’t seen you say a single thing that can be taken as positive. It’s not like we have lost a star player and are not reinvesting the money. We are broke, we have been broke for awhile, and we will be broke for a while yet. Do you think we can miracle money? Can you please let us borrow you magic gold egg laying goose?

We have replaced a loan that sucked with a loan that may not suck, we still have Roberts, and we still have all the other players we ended the season with. It’s frustrating to not strengthen, but constantly bemoaning the fact that we are all privy to and all slightly depressed about is repetitive and useless.

The board will not free up money, which we don’t have anyway, while they are trying to sell the club. It boggles my mind that this cannot be understood. Regardless of the fact that it may not go through - the board is bloody hoping it will. Them throwing money at something they plan to sell is fiscal suicide.

Any players that get linked are derided as not good enough and then the club is roundly chastised for not buying anyone. Catch 22 from hell.

Step away from the keyboard, put away Football Manager, and for god sake let the people in the position to do so try their best.

We finished last season with three strikers. Now we have two of the same strikers, and we have upgraded the other.

If you're going to use Roberts being less motivated as a minus, then you have to take Kalinic having 12 months PL experience as a plus. He didn't start playing until January.

Obviously we still need more quality, but there is no need for outrageous negativity.

Of course the Roberts situation is a minus. He's been left at home while the rest of the squad went to Scotland and we want rid of him. What's with the "if it's a minus"?

As for Kalanic, who's guessing now? He was awful during the last parts of the season and got dropped, if you remember.

Of course the Roberts situation is a minus. He's been left at home while the rest of the squad went to Scotland and we want rid of him. What's with the "if it's a minus"?

As for Kalanic, who's guessing now? He was awful during the last parts of the season and got dropped, if you remember.

kalinic wasn't awful

his service was

he didn't suit the system

not his fault

I don't think those 4 are good enough to get 5 league goals between them tbh ....

Hmm didn't they get about six or more between them last season? Even though some of them hardly played or just played for portions of the season...

Olsson, Pedersen & Hoillet are all good enough to get at least 5 goals a season.

Pedersen is going to sit fat, dumb and happy on his new contract and go through the motions - much like he has since 2007. I hope I'm proven wrong and we get the Pedersen circa the Man U 2-1 away win back, but I've seen nothing in the last 3 seasons to indicate he can or wants to.

From what I've seen of Hoilett so far, he's not going to cut it as a Prem player. Again I hope he proves me wrong but I think he's a good Championship player at best.

Olsson - maybe, provided he plays all season as the left player in the front 3 (his best position IMO).

We still lack the one type of player that should have been the priority - the creative midfielder.

Pedersen is going to sit fat, dumb and happy on his new contract and go through the motions - much like he has since 2007. I hope I'm proven wrong and we get the Pedersen circa the Man U 2-1 away win back, but I've seen nothing in the last 3 seasons to indicate he can or wants to.

From what I've seen of Hoilett so far, he's not going to cut it as a Prem player. Again I hope he proves me wrong but I think he's a good Championship player at best.

Olsson - maybe, provided he plays all season as the left player in the front 3 (his best position IMO).

We still lack the one type of player that should have been the priority - the creative midfielder.

Pederson should show some improvment this year. The system seems to suit him much better than a flat 4-4-2 were pace is required.

Olssen should now that he is going to get a full season playing baring any injuries.

I think what you said about Hoilett is a little unfair. A little more luck last year and he would have had a few more goals. Give him this season to show what he can do.

McCarthy was quite rightly sold. He was unfit, uninterested, and a hindrance to squad morale. However, that money should have been invested into improving our striker options. We can't afford to stand still. Last season counts for nothing.

Archived