BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Speedie

SamTheShrew

Due to my age I am relatively unaware of Rovers pre the Premiership years - got into Rovers through Flowers 93-94 season I think.

So I'm always on the look out for vhs's off ebay so I can catch up on history.

I managed to pick up the 91-92 promotion season for a couple of quid the other day and I watched it last night while the missus' is away.

So Speedie - for a small guy, what a great header of the ball! Some cracking finishes on there.

All I remember Speedie from is Central sports live which was a midlands ITV thing on a sunday where they featured a live game from a midlands team.

He was in the twilight of his career and was playing for Leicester.

Due to my age I am relatively unaware of Rovers pre the Premiership years - got into Rovers through Flowers 93-94 season I think.

So I'm always on the look out for vhs's off ebay so I can catch up on history.

I managed to pick up the 91-92 promotion season for a couple of quid the other day and I watched it last night while the missus' is away.

So Speedie - for a small guy, what a great header of the ball! Some cracking finishes on there.

All I remember Speedie from is Central sports live which was a midlands ITV thing on a sunday where they featured a live game from a midlands team.

He was in the twilight of his career and was playing for Leicester.

One season only but he totally galvanised the side. It was my first year as a season ticket holder and he was my hero! A clinical finisher that had a field day in that division.

His hat trick against Newcastle as their Messiah mk1 returned is still one of my favourite Ewood memories, jumping on the Darwen End fence and giving some to the deluded ones.

Another hat trick at Plymouth to get us in to the play offs, his goals against Derby in the semi to get us a 4-2 win after being two down, 'buying' that penalty at Wembley- great days with more to come.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Lets put it this way Sam,for a player who only played in the blue 'n' white for one season the impact he had was simply unforgettable.

Just like a Jack Russell he was a real tough little b'stard who never gave in.

Nearly 20 years on and his name still evokes great memories.....

''PLEASE UNCLE JACK, BRING DAVID SPEEDIE BACK''

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• 2 weeks later...

One season only but he totally galvanised the side. It was my first year as a season ticket holder and he was my hero! A clinical finisher that had a field day in that division.

His hat trick against Newcastle as their Messiah mk1 returned is still one of my favourite Ewood memories, jumping on the Darwen End fence and giving some to the deluded ones.

Another hat trick at Plymouth to get us in to the play offs, his goals against Derby in the semi to get us a 4-2 win after being two down, 'buying' that penalty at Wembley- great days with more to come.

That was the sason when I had my first season ticket too! Sat in The Riverside near Jack Straw and his family. He scored loads that season,must have been 25 goals plus? He would of had more if it had not been for injuries and suspensions. I fondly remember that toon hat trick and flicking the geordies the finger. Wasn't the match delayed because of some numpty geordie climbing on the Darwen End roof,or was that the season after in the cup(see Roy Wegerle dribbling master class)?

His herorics against Plymouth were class,and I remember him booting some Derby fan up the botty when there was a pitch invasion after the game.

SPEEDIE SPEEDIE SPEEDIE!!

Blackburn was buzzing in the early 90s... everyone on the footy tip... great memories of those times... Speedie & Shearer could have been interesting, but I reckom Dalglish called it right to make Shearer the n0 1 and move Speedie on... But, of all those old school players I was most upset we lost Scott Sellars he was my fav from the late 80s/early 90s...

• 1 year later...

My favourite memory is of Speedie against Newcastle, he'd have got done for incitement nowadays!!

Edited by 12milesfromewood

• 1 year later...

I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.