BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] lucid dreams

i was wondering if other people have has lucid dreams/nightmares at some point in their life. I ask this because over the last few months i have had 2 scary lucid dreams, the first one a few months back was the scariest because i didnt know what was going on, i woke to find a dark figure standing over my bed and then he reached down and started choking me, i couldnt move or shout for help. I was trying to get him off me, eventually he went away. The second one was a few days ago. Again a dark figure loomed over my bed and he started reaching down but i kept trying to hold him off, he was pretty strong and when i tried, twice, to shout for help, no sound came out of my mouth, it was pretty petrifying. Then, all of a sudden, i said to myself its only a dream and i knew that it was me that was fighting against me, as it was the time before, the figure went away and i woke up, people say there are many reasons we have these dreams, i think mine was tiredness, whats everyone else opinion on lucid dreams?

• Backroom

i was wondering if other people have has lucid dreams/nightmares at some point in their life. I ask this because over the last few months i have had 2 scary lucid dreams, the first one a few months back was the scariest because i didnt know what was going on, i woke to find a dark figure standing over my bed and then he reached down and started choking me, i couldnt move or shout for help. I was trying to get him off me, eventually he went away. The second one was a few days ago. Again a dark figure loomed over my bed and he started reaching down but i kept trying to hold him off, he was pretty strong and when i tried, twice, to shout for help, no sound came out of my mouth, it was pretty petrifying. Then, all of a sudden, i said to myself its only a dream and i knew that it was me that was fighting against me, as it was the time before, the figure went away and i woke up, people say there are many reasons we have these dreams, i think mine was tiredness, whats everyone else opinion on lucid dreams?

These aren't entirely lucid dreams, because if it were truly lucid you could take control of it and pretty much do whatever you choose (you wouldn't have to fight anybody off, you'd just make them disappear). Sounds like you were in a semi-lucid state where you were vageuly aware of the fact you were dreaming but not able to do a great deal about it.

Actual lucid dreams are great, and I was very interested in them when younger. managed a couple, but they take so much effort to produce I eventually let the interest slide. A shame, because the two I had were amazing.

i have them every now and again and think they are an amazing experience, suddenly realizing you are dreaming and being able to take control of your own dreamworld and do virtually anything, usually i just go flying if i realise this, this happened as recently as two days ago and its an amazing feeling. Sometimes i'll ahem dream up a stunning girl but i always wake up before it gets to the good stuff!

i have them every now and again and think they are an amazing experience, suddenly realizing you are dreaming and being able to take control of your own dreamworld and do virtually anything, usually i just go flying if i realise this, this happened as recently as two days ago and its an amazing feeling. Sometimes i'll ahem dream up a stunning girl but i always wake up before it gets to the good stuff!

Don't think that's the same as sleep paralysis.i get this quite often and i hate it,it freaks me out,i feel like there is someone pinning me down other times i feel like im being dragged from the bed and sometimes i feel like someone is choking me,ive discovered that lying on your back greatly increases the chances of sleep paralysis if your a sufferer that is.i do not enjoy the experience and certainly don't feel like i'm in control of it.reading bout it has helped though.

Don't think that's the same as sleep paralysis.i get this quite often and i hate it,it freaks me out,i feel like there is someone pinning me down other times i feel like im being dragged from the bed and sometimes i feel like someone is choking me,ive discovered that lying on your back greatly increases the chances of sleep paralysis if your a sufferer that is.i do not enjoy the experience and certainly don't feel like i'm in control of it.reading bout it has helped though.

i was referring to lucid dreaming

Archived