BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky's Back Steve Kean

BRFCS Content

Reports in the national media suggested that Rovers manager Steve Kean was about to be sacked by Venky’s after a recent run of poor results which have seen the club plummet towards the relegation zone. This afternoon co-owner Anuradha Desai has told Rovers official website (www.rovers.co.uk) “I do not know the source of these rumours but I want to clarify that there is absolutely no truth in these reports”. Mrs Desai added “I would like to put on record that we have a contract with Steve Kean and he will continue in his present position with the club. There is no question of the manager being changed”.

This statement from Mrs Desai should help put paid to this speculation, although a poll conducted by BRFCS indicates that over 80% of members favoured a change of manager.

Rovers face Blackpool on Saturday 19th March which is already being billed as a “relegation six pointer”.

Archived