BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nelsen Ruled Out

BRFCS Content

Rovers battle against relegation was dealt a blow today with the news that Ryan Nelsen has been ruled out for the rest of the season due to a knee injury which has required surgery. Steve Kean said "If the surgeon had looked at his knee in January he'd have had the same op, so our medical team have done well to keep him on the pitch for so long." Kean added: "The prognosis says he should be back for some time in August. "He's just got to rest now fully for a month and then start to build up the rehab from there."

Junior Hoilett is also rated as 50/50 for this weekend's clash against Everton as he battles to overcome a slight hamstring pull.

There is however good news with Gael Givet expected to feature in this weekend's game after he missed last weekend's game against Birmingham due to being "mentally all over the place" over a longstanding contract issue. Talking to Radio Lancashire, manager Steve Kean said "I've been speaking with him one-on-one and he's feeling much better," said Kean. "It goes back a long way to when he first arrived at the club. I think there were certain parts to Gael's contract that were unclear to him. "But having spent a lot of time sitting down and talking to him and getting to know him really well over the last number of weeks, I think we're very, very close to getting a positive outcome that lets Gael get on with his football. "He's been excellent in the last couple of days and hopefully he'll know be in the right frame of mind.

"Anybody who sees the way Gael plays knows not only physically, but mentally he gives his all. "He didn't at all say he wasn't going to play. He just said 'I'll play if you want me to play'. "But he's been worried about a number of things I don't want to go into, but I'm confident that he's got a lot to give in the last few games."

Rovers are currently 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Archived