BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gary Speed

RovertheHill

Not disrespecting anyone here but ain't it strange how he's being turned into a martyr and everyone had a minutes silence for him , yet Gary Ablett died of a horrible nasty disease and no silence or bigging his life up .

TBF Gary Speed dying was more of a shock to people that Gary Ablett. Slow deaths don't sell papers.

Like Paul though, I think there is more to the subject row as the cause of him taking his life but I think the coroner is allowing him to to rest in peace, and the press seem to be following suit. Which, given the press' thirst for scandal, is a rare good thing.

TBF Gary Speed dying was more of a shock to people that Gary Ablett. Slow deaths don't sell papers.

Like Paul though, I think there is more to the subject row as the cause of him taking his life but I think the coroner is allowing him to to rest in peace, and the press seem to be following suit. Which, given the press' thirst for scandal, is a rare good thing.

Sorry, Coroners don't "allow" anything or anyone.

They are there to get the facts and as many answers as they can. Sometimes their findings cause much grief, other times they give some closure to those left.

i understand the papers thing but why no silence for a true pro like ablett ? apart from papers thing why does speed deserve all the (not sure of right word in circs) plaudits following his death opposed to ablett. Anyhow not making light of or disrespecting anyone ,thats my last point on it.

Notwithstanding the shallow fact that Gary Speed was deemed more handsome than Gary Ablett that is imo a comment which adversly reflects upon our society rather than the morals / ethics of newspapers.

Speed's last wish was to die, Abletts was (probably) to live. Speed got his wish Ablett did not. Both sad losses but we really need to prioritise our sympathies.

You're not the only one thinking that. The number of times we are asked to stand in silence has for me devalued the tribute.

Correct Paul. I've a feeling that as the tribute devalues itself through over use then so will the behaviour of the crowd. No doubt why the safe option is for applause rather than silence is so often taken.

Whatever happened to a flag flown at half mast? Served it's purpose for centuries.

The rumour mill has it that his missus was at it with one of his footballing mates, apparently.

The rumour mill will do. They had him down as a closet homosexual too. Best not to dig too far cos it looks like the papers appear to have dropped the issue, although no doubt through the expedience of knowing which side their bread is buttered on.

Very odd goings-on that night.

They had a row after coming back from a party after which she went for a short drive and returned to find herself locked out of the house so she spent the night in the car ..... in November with her kids asleep in the house ?

In the meantime Speed had put a noose around his neck in the garage and might have hung himself by accident after falling asleep ?

Something's not adding up here m'lud.