BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby's account of his Pune meeting.

den

Here.

Thought this would simply get lost in another topic.

The overriding impression I got from his meeting the Raos, was that the Raos listened but didn't have any answers. It sounds to me as though the Raos don't take kindly to criticism.

The other article in the LT Here, is suggesting that the Raos have gone into retreat back in Pune because they can't cope with the criticism they have been subjected to. Battersby asking for the fans to lay off them so as to allow them to come back to Ewood is surreal.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here.

Thought this would simply get lost in another topic.

The overriding impression I got from his meeting the Raos, was that the Raos listened but didn't have any answers. It sounds to me as though the Raos don't take kindly to criticism.

The other article in the LT Here, is suggesting that the Raos have gone into retreat back in Pune because they can't cope with the criticism they have been subjected to. Battersby asking for the fans to lay off them so as to allow them to come back to Ewood is surreal.

I think venkys.do not know who to trust in this business. I am wondering if they are wanting to listen to Mr Battersby. Just curious as.to why this.article appears now.

I think venkys.do not know who to trust in this business. I am wondering if they are wanting to listen to Mr Battersby. Just curious as.to why this.article appears now.

I think you're right Pafell. They don't know which way to turn.

"They were definitely, definitely wanting this to succeed."

"They were desperate to try and get this right, desperate to be loved and wanted and embraced by the people of Blackburn"

"But they desperately gave the impression they would do everything to make this succeed."

Sack Kean. Appoint a competent board, Manager and a decent PR set up and let them get on with it. Sorted.

Doesn't take two super fans to travel to India to tell them that.

We had three hours and he didn’t say a lot but he was nodding. He was saying, ‘What you have said is hard but I think it is positive and said for the right reasons and I would like you to meet Madame and tell her first hand. Will you come to Pune?’

:rolleyes:

Let’s put this right. You don’t build up an empire like they have if they have no idea what they are doing.

Errr. Let's put this right...their Father built the empire.

Mrs Desai was concerned about the job losses at Aerospace.

Well at least we know that she responds with appropriate human emotions.

She was talking about community projects and David Dunn’s streets project. They were into all of that and trying to put stuff back into the community.

This really annoys me and I think that Venkys are trying to use this type of thing as much as possible. If I worked for a company that was in complete disarray I don't think my boss would be too concerned with helping the community out. Charity starts at home.

How did you feel when you left India? We were very optimistic. We had had a good and fair hearing,. She had listened intently to constructive criticism and took it on board. She didn’t object to what we said because she wanted to uncover it and get it right.

Obviously not...

That article (to me at least) validates this theory about why Kean is still in the job - he, for some reason, still has the backing of Desai and she makes all the decisions.

I get the feeling things wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if the brothers had more power, but the more we hear the more it sounds like they're in the background.

"He was saying, ‘What you have said is hard but I think it is positive and said for the right reasons and I would like you to meet Madame and tell her first hand. Will you come to Pune?’"

Why would Balaji request that if he was able to get things done? He's obviously not on good terms with Mrs Desai either, otherwise he would be confident of relaying that information himself. It sounds a bit desperate in my opinion - and that was months ago. Imagine how bad things must be now.

Unfortunately as stated in the article the Venkys have absolutely no idea how to run a football club. Consequently a lot of people are telling them what to do. Their response appears to be to smile, shake heads in agreement, promise to do something but ultimately do nothing.

The problem for the Rovers is that they listened to the wrong people when they bought the club and thought they could just sit back and watch the money role in. Even the smallest amount of due diligence would have told them that this was not true. Therefore they do not have a plan B and because they don't understand football and because they can't tell good advice from bad advice they appear to be burying their heads in the sand.

So they don't understand what they are doing, they can't take criticism or advice and they don't want to come to Blackburn because of the response they might get. I would say that is a pretty good message that they should quit and sell up. Yes they might lose face but the effect won't as great now as it will be at the end of the season when we get relegated. Not only will that affect the Rovers but it will also affect their grand Venky Express expansion plans and developing football in India

As for the Rovers it is now too late to avoid relegation. Putting things right will need more than a sticking plaster. The whole club is rotten, dysfunctional and run by owners and senior managers who are at best inexperienced but probably not competent to do what is required. Add to the mix the fact we have an incompetent manager who is clearly out of his depth.

There is not s structure in place to be able to sign the players required and the rumours about money problems almost certainly means players will be sold before they are bought. This will lead to panic signings of inexperienced players or players past their sell by date. (Probably on loans or cut price deals).

What has happened at Rovers in the space of 12 months will take years to repair and that will only be possible with new owners who know what to do and go about putting the structure back in place. My biggets worry is that we could become another Portsmouth passing between foreign owners like a childs toy.

As for giving the Venkys and Kean some slack, having a 'truce', that will never work for the following reasons

1. The Venkys are probably not even thinking about coming over.

2. No 'protest' is planned for the next two games anyway.

3. Does anyone really think that if we are 2-0 down against WBA with half an hour to go all the fans will sit on their hands and keep smiling.

4. Rather than respect a fans show of unity all Kean will do is spin it round and say he has finally won the support of all the fans.

And that last point is probably why most fans would not keep quiet.

Unfortunately for us the opinions expressed directly to Mrs D have had no effect whatsoever, since this conversation she has

rewarded Kean with a pay increase and a new deal, by all accounts she intends to run the Rovers on a self funding basis which is

obviously doomed to fail if she tries it! She is also rumoured to be wanting to sell us, and not prepared to put any venkys

money into the club, this does not sound like the actions of someone who is willing to listen to the fans or anyone else for

that matter. She may sound genuine but her actions are not confirming that. Maybe the recent financial meltdown rumours are

to prepare excuses for sales of key players, spend little or no money in the January transfer window. Regretfully I suspect

that it is.

Mr Battersby is pointing out the obvious, but lets not kid ourselves here, its the supporters who have become the victims, or the casualties (Those not attending) NOT Venkys,

Supporters do not have to dance the Venky JIG as we pay for the pleasure of watching our team, however Venkys as recievers of our cash do!!

I do not feel sorry for Venkys one little bit as they have dug this hole and they are ones in contempt, as supporters we have had to go looking for our answers and it does seem that many have jumped on the bandwagon since,

i.e battersby etc, Yes he has been to Pune but we protested before that trip, where has Battersby been for the last 3 months when we needed his help? Why has he made no contact with the supporters? Seems when things are already evolving and key figures has done their bit, he is trying to catch onto the coat tails. A truce or whatever he is asking for would not be called on his "Say so" Don't know the guy from Adam, However thankfully the club have become more open and as a gesture of goodwill Simon and I have both agreed not to organise a protest for the next two home games, Battersby's bit today, had no baring on that decision as it was made last week

all this bullshit about, ohhh they didnt know, they dont know, they are naive etc etc etc, is really starting to bother me.!!!

if they wanted to learn how to run a smalltown football club, the V´s needed to look no further then maestro williams. They knocked this club down with the swing of a baseballbat and while the victim is still unconscious, they continue to rape it on a goddamn daily basis.

the v´s ###### suck

As for giving the Venkys and Kean some slack, having a 'truce', that will never work for the following reasons

1. The Venkys are probably not even thinking about coming over.

2. No 'protest' is planned for the next two games anyway.

3. Does anyone really think that if we are 2-0 down against WBA with half an hour to go all the fans will sit on their hands and keep smiling.

4. Rather than respect a fans show of unity all Kean will do is spin it round and say he has finally won the support of all the fans.

And that last point is probably why most fans would not keep quiet.

It should be obvious that the point of calling a truce isn't because anyone seriously expects Venky's to turn about face and engage from the fans. It's more to remove the ability for them and the media to keep bleating about how the negative atmosphere at Ewood is the root cause of our problems and not Kean or them. This is the issue that divides the fans.

Kean will undoubtedly try to spin it that way and nobody with half a brain will buy it. Especially if the will of the fans to call a truce for two games is well known.

all this bullshit about, ohhh they didnt know, they dont know, they are naive etc etc etc, is really starting to bother me.!!!

if they wanted to learn how to run a smalltown football club, the V´s needed to look no further then maestro williams. They knocked this club down with the swing of a baseballbat and while the victim is still unconscious, they continue to rape it on a goddamn daily basis.

the v´s ###### suck

Agreed. Who cares if they "didn't know" what they were buying? The buck stops with them. Kean is nothing more than a puppet who got lucky.

The Rao family are a bunch of spoiled little rich kids who inherited Daddy's business and have more money than sense.

It's been clear for months the Raos have had no idea what to do, no surprise there. I think this interview from Ian Battersby is very welcome, perhaps it is a prelude to something more positive.

These people are finished in Blackburn, the only solution is for them to sell up and leave UNLESS they put their money where their mouths are and sort out the probelms. This means spending serious money, whatever it takes, perhaps £15-20, in January in the hope we avoid relegation and if we don't be ready to support a serious and sustained promotion push. That will probably cost upwards of £30m.

So family Rao put up your money or go. Do nothing and no one will ever believe in you. Save us or restore to the PL and you'd be in with a chance, that's all, a chance.

Mr Battersby is pointing out the obvious, but lets not kid ourselves here, its the supporters who have become the victims, or the casualties (Those not attending) NOT Venkys,

Supporters do not have to dance the Venky JIG as we pay for the pleasure of watching our team, however Venkys as recievers of our cash do!!

I do not feel sorry for Venkys one little bit as they have dug this hole and they are ones in contempt, as supporters we have had to go looking for our answers and it does seem that many have jumped on the bandwagon since,

i.e battersby etc, Yes he has been to Pune but we protested before that trip, where has Battersby been for the last 3 months when we needed his help? Why has he made no contact with the supporters? Seems when things are already evolving and key figures has done their bit, he is trying to catch onto the coat tails. A truce or whatever he is asking for would not be called on his "Say so" Don't know the guy from Adam, However thankfully the club have become more open and as a gesture of goodwill Simon and I have both agreed not to organise a protest for the next two home games, Battersby's bit today, had no baring on that decision as it was made last week

The article appears to be by both Mr Battersby & Mr Wild. Understand your comment about Battersby. But Wayne Wild also?

The crucial line in the whole piece is:-

"Sadly as we sit here now not much of it has been followed up with action."

They aren't interested at all in what any "outsider" has to say as they have a plan and they are sticking robustly to it... I just can't understand why people keep persisting having dialogue with these people as it's blatantly obvious to everybody that they are not taking any notice, it's just a sham, a big bloody sham and it needs to stop.

Battersby - "“So are you prepared to come to the party and try and save this thing in the last four or five months of the season? Because if you are not able, or willing to commit to this financially in January then it tells us everything we need to know.

The club is in a state of utter paralysis.”

Tells us everything we really need to know. It looks to all the world like the owners have gone into retreat, unable to act. IMO the January transfer window is highly unlikely to make the difference between us staying in this division, or falling from it. There are other more important things that only the owners can do anything about. Battersby says the club is in a state of paralysis, - well the Raos certainly seem to be.

I think they've given up. They might eventually start to get to grips with the many problems, but as yet there are absolutely no signs that they even have any idea whatsoever where to start.

The article appears to be by both Mr Battersby & Mr Wild. Understand your comment about Battersby. But Wayne Wild also?

As I have said in many post, Mr Wild has been fantastic from both a commercial and supporters point of view, he has attended open supporters meetings, shared many conversations with me on the phone, will be at the meeting with the board, and is a no nonsence guy who can only have a positve effect on Rovers and if its positive its good for all us supporters.

He has no personal agenda, no need for self promotion and is one of the good guys. He see's through everything and I have kept him updated on everything on a daily basis.

Battersby on the other hand, I have no knowledge of the guy, and he is 3 months late to the party, we need to remember he went to Pune to get a role on our executive board at Ewood, reported by Nixon etc, He strongly denies this, but others have confirmed that aspect. He has had no reply to that trip and now wants to jump on the train which so many other non BRFC figures are now on.

Knight is shining armour? Not for me

In it for personal gain? Dnt know guy so could'nt possibly make a judgement

All I do know is Wayne Wild is doing what he is doing because he loves our club as much as we do and he wants nothing in return for doing so

It's been clear for months the Raos have had no idea what to do, no surprise there. I think this interview from Ian Battersby is very welcome, perhaps it is a prelude to something more positive.

These people are finished in Blackburn, the only solution is for them to sell up and leave UNLESS they put their money where their mouths are and sort out the probelms. This means spending serious money, whatever it takes, perhaps £15-20, in January in the hope we avoid relegation and if we don't be ready to support a serious and sustained promotion push. That will probably cost upwards of £30m.

So family Rao put up your money or go. Do nothing and no one will ever believe in you. Save us or restore to the PL and you'd be in with a chance, that's all, a chance.

Paul, I completely agree with this and echo those sentiments. I also agree with Ian Battersby and Wayne Wild who are calling for a truce for the moment.

As I have said in many post, Mr Wild has been fantastic from both a commercial and supporters point of view, he has attended open supporters meetings, shared many conversations with me on the phone, will be at the meeting with the board, and is a no nonsence guy who can only have a positve effect on Rovers and if its positive its good for all us supporters.

He has no personal agenda, no need for self promotion and is one of the good guys. He see's through everything and I have kept him updated on everything on a daily basis.

Battersby on the other hand, I have no knowledge of the guy, and he is 3 months late to the party, we need to remember he went to Pune to get a role on our executive board at Ewood, reported by Nixon etc, He strongly denies this, but others have confirmed that aspect. He has had no reply to that trip and now wants to jump on the train which so many other non BRFC figures are now on.

All I do know is Wayne Wild is doing what he is doing because he loves our club as much as we do and he wants nothing in return for doing so

Glen, is anyone from Venkys going to be present at this meeting? It seems that the board based at Ewood (Paul Hunt etc) are sympathetic towards our views (and probably agree with them) but have no real power to change anything.

Glen, is anyone from Venkys going to be present at this meeting? It seems that the board based at Ewood (Paul Hunt etc) are sympathetic towards our views (and probably agree with them) but have no real power to change anything.

I will not know who is in attending til later in the week, The club are working hard in ensuring that a good group is assembled by the club, to listen to these concerns.

Hmmmmm............

Archived