BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

what were those owners called all those years ago?

roverandout

seeing as we are talking old memories, remember those charletons who used to own our football club, some good knows how many years ago, now what were they called? flunkys, funkys, monkeys? ah thats it venkys, look at the mess they left our club in, thank god that bald headed git went with him, i hear he is a coach at some conference team now, now look at us, we are languishing in the bottom half of league 1 with accrington stanley, at least the dingles are doing all right in the conference north, i hear samba is playing for real madrid now and is team captain whilst hoillet is top scorer for inter milan, oh how they left us in a mess, at least venkys went out of business and their mansion was sold off, i hear they are begging in the streets of pune now. venkatesh is wearing a chicken costume doing a dance for money, anyone else remember them and what was your best memory?

seeing as we are talking old memories, remember those charletons who used to own our football club, some good knows how many years ago, now what were they called? flunkys, funkys, monkeys? ah thats it venkys, look at the mess they left our club in, thank god that bald headed git went with him, i hear he is a coach at some conference team now, now look at us, we are languishing in the bottom half of league 1 with accrington stanley, at least the dingles are doing all right in the conference north, i hear samba is playing for real madrid now and is team captain whilst hoillet is top scorer for inter milan, oh how they left us in a mess, at least venkys went out of business and their mansion was sold off, i hear they are begging in the streets of pune now. venkatesh is wearing a chicken costume doing a dance for money, anyone else remember them and what was your best memory?

Wow, those are some memories. Remember how long it took those owners to sack that manager? They still kept him on even after we were relegated, and even after he forgot to attend a game, and they found him at some sleazy bar with a skinful of cheap blended scotch, scoffing a bucket of chicken and had to drag him back to the sidelines and made him sit in the dugout just in time to watch us get turned over 3 nil to Burnley ? Yes..Good times..good times. Of course that was technically a "home" game, but with that ground sharing deal that saw us playing all our home games at Burnley. I always wondered why the owners sold Ewood Park off to developers who turned it into a motocross arena and a discount carpet warehouse. Money troubles, wasn't it ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.