BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays

I'm on holiday in Wales at the moment, 25 degrees in New Quey today, been to The Harbourmasters restaurant tonight on Aberaeron which was fantastic by the way.

No need to go abroad.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on holiday in Wales at the moment, 25 degrees in New Quey today, been to The Harbourmasters restaurant tonight on Aberaeron which was fantastic by the way.

No need to go abroad.

Wales is abroad Gav.

Oh and stop posting - you're on holiday

Street cafe's and bars in Marrakech we had to go inside to drink alcoholic drinks. Coffee, soft drinks, mint tea, ice creams etc was fine to sit out. Presumably the idea is to keep it out of sight of the locals.

No such problems on Agadir's promenade but it won't have anywhere near the same number of local population passing by as Marrakech would.

No need to go abroad.

The Harbourmaster at Aberaeron is fantastic, I will be there in August. I agree who needs to go to a fancy pants resort when the UK has so much to offer. ISIL have yet to infiltrate the beaches of mid -Wales.

Just also booked the Illa D'or in Pollensa, Mallorca followed by Chicago and New York.

Street cafe's and bars in Marrakech we had to go inside to drink alcoholic drinks. Coffee, soft drinks, mint tea, ice creams etc was fine to sit out. Presumably the idea is to keep it out of sight of the locals.

I was sat at the same table in Marrakesh where a bomb was set off 2 weeks later.

No such problems on Agadir's promenade but it won't have anywhere near the same number of local population passing by as Marrakech would.

There's a Royal Palace in Marrakesch so that might influence matters.

I was sat at the same table in Marrakesh where a bomb was set off 2 weeks later.

Was it you that planted it?

Well I'm off to France in a few weeks time. Not quite as safe as once thought but I don't think they'll be attacking tourists in Brittany. Then it's the lakes and eurodiisney with the grandchildren. But before all of that we've got Blackpool tomorrow with a load of kids, many of whom will be fasting and not drinking any liquids even though we've warned them that in view of the weather they should miss a day and add it on at the end as you're allowed to

Well I'm off to France in a few weeks time. Not quite as safe as once thought but I don't think they'll be attacking tourists in Brittany. Then it's the lakes and eurodiisney with the grandchildren. But before all of that we've got Blackpool tomorrow with a load of kids, many of whom will be fasting and not drinking any liquids even though we've warned them that in view of the weather they should miss a day and add it on at the end as you're allowed to

Enjoy. I love Brittany, not too sure about Blackpool.

Well I don't think it'd get that far but I did have to send one little lad to the medical room today. We were in a computer room, no air on and all the machines going. He felt faint and looked very queasy. It's madness at this time of year. They get very little sleep as they have to eat late and then get up at sunrise to eat again it's not so bad in winter when days are short but this is about the worst time for Ramadan to fall. One of the problems is that in Moslem countries they organise events around Ramadan but here they just do it still and expect to carry on with normal life. They won't take medication either. Guy next door was saying they have horrendous problems with diabetics not taking their medication in the practice where he works. We had a kid today with severe hay fever who hadn't taken his meds and could scarcely see out of his eyes, they were so swollen.

Officially it's health first and religion second but if doesn't work out like that

Enjoy. I love Brittany, not too sure about Blackpool.

We own a static caravan right in the west and have been going to the same site for over 20 years, first in a tent and then since 2006 in our own van. We never get bored as we always find at least one new thing every year to see or do.

I think on this issue they are. They're very conforming. They want to do things right and be seen to do so, but I can't believe that fasting and not even having drinks during the day is good for you, especially if you're a growing youngster

Who cares? The kids suffer of course but it's their gormless parents and grandparents who force them to adhere to some pathetic notion who must carry the can. Why on earth people choose to believe fairy stories into adulthood and beyond is unfathomable. Be honest and admit that there ain't no one there folks, just get used to it. The sooner the better for all concerned.

Actually Gordon, the parents quite often tell the kids not to fast and it's the kids themselves who insist on it. And you're confusing doing something like fasting with religious faith, which is not always the case. Often it's a cultural thing. whilst many of Blackburn's muslims are devout, there is a large section who are cultural muslims, i.e. they stick to the outward form not because they have any real faith but it's what marks them out and gives them an identity, a sense of community.

And before we go off topic can I just say that a good day was had by all at Blackpool where it was much cooler than it is at home and that we got all the kids back safely.

• 1 month later...

Shame. I had a brilliant holiday there 50 years ago with a mate and our girlfriends at the time. I wouldn't swap my wife now but she was lovely. :wub:

Re: Newquay....... I drove from Norbreck Castle, Blackpool to Fleetwood and back again one evening a fortnight back and I was left with the distinct impression they (and Cleveleys) were both shut! It was like the Day of the Triffids after the comet had hit! Roads and pavements were deserted and at 8.30 there was and not a chippy open! Pretty normal until I realised that last week of July is peak holiday season! God only knows how they pay their way over there. We drove home and not to be thwarted got fish and chips at Lee's Chinky chippy in Fenny.

• 1 year later...
  • Backroom
On 13/04/2017 at 9:39 PM, Glenn said:

Another trip to Disneyland Paris this year, but sadly not for the Half Marathon this time.

I'm back to disneyworld, first time since our daughter was born, we went to London last week and 2 hours on the train was bad enough, 9 hours to Florida will be fun for all.

Will all be worth it though 

Just now, Tom said:

I'm back to disneyworld, first time since our daughter was born, we went to London last week and 2 hours on the train was bad enough, 9 hours to Florida will be fun for all.

Ouch, that's a hell of a flight for a little one. I'm holding off doing Orlando until he's old enough to enjoy Universal too.

• Backroom

Not ideal but with a 6 year old as well it will be brilliant when we get there!

Might tell the wife I've upgraded her seat - but she has to take the baby! :P

22 hours ago, Tom said:

22 hours ago, Glenn said:

Ouch, that's a hell of a flight for a little one. I'm holding off doing Orlando until he's old enough to enjoy Universal too.

I've just got back from a few days at Disneyworld. I was unimpressed before I went and now remain so. It's a military operation to plan beforehand so you can get on rides, then once you are there it's just queues and people. Typhoon Lagoon was ace though. Not busy and plenty to do.

I stayed at a Disney resort so was able to take advantage of magic hours which really helped.

Traffic throughout Orlando was a mess too. I like to relax when I go away, it was just too much hard work.

It's horses for courses though. There were plenty there enjoying it.

Archived