BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to Grand Canyon (LV, LA and San Fran) in Sept. can't wait

Enjoy it, Iam making my 3rd trip to Vegas in October and looking forward to getting back there, I did the helicopter trip to Grand Canyon last time I went, even landed in the Canyon so you could have a little bit of a walk round.

Been to many places ,mostly flight only but places in Europe I'd like to go next are ..Norway but dont know how best to handle such a big country or whens best to avoid the rain.Cape verde.Is island hopping possible there and when is best? also..North Portugal but From Porto inland.instead of the Algarve...I can recommend from recent years ... Cappodoccia central Turkey ..Jordan (petra & Wadi rum) Israel espec Jerusalem and Sinai/Red sea area instead of traditional Eygpt>Also Greek island hopping which is easy to do..its just 2 hours between most islands.with accomodation,car and scooter hire easy to arrange on most.

Been to many places ,mostly flight only but places in Europe I'd like to go next are ..Norway but dont know how best to handle such a big country or whens best to avoid the rain.Cape verde.Is island hopping possible there and when is best? also..North Portugal but From Porto inland.instead of the Algarve...I can recommend from recent years ... Cappodoccia central Turkey ..Jordan (petra & Wadi rum) Israel espec Jerusalem and Sinai/Red sea area instead of traditional Eygpt>Also Greek island hopping which is easy to do..its just 2 hours between most islands.with accomodation,car and scooter hire easy to arrange on most.

I'm told the primary concern is to avoid the midges.

Been to many places ,mostly flight only but places in Europe I'd like to go next are ..Norway but dont know how best to handle such a big country or whens best to avoid the rain.

Norway is lovely. I went in June 2009 as well as Sweden and Denmark. Flew to Oslo Torp with Ryanair, which is about as close to Oslo as Lancashire is!! I just spent a day in Oslo, three in Bergen and one doing the Norway in a Nutshell tour. It is a very easy place to get around - transport is cheap and frequent. The Bergen-Oslo line cost me £20 each direction and is the most picturesque journey I've ever been on.

Went to the Atlantica Golden Beach in Paphos last June. It was so brilliant that we are going again two weeks today (2nd September). It's a Thomson Gold hotel, no kids. Paradise. Expensive but well worth th money.

• Backroom

Never been Vegas but massively Prefered Cancun to Ibiza, better beaches and sea and I Prefered the nightlife.

Then again I was only 19 last time I went to Ibiza that was 9 years ago!

My ideal destination these days is always Disneyworld, hell for many people but it doesn't get better for me

You probably just couldn't handle it :P

In all seriousness, best place in the world is impossible to determine....for what it is, nothing comes close to Ibiza, not even Vegas or Cancun which I've also been to.

Not even close to Queenstown New Zealand, bungee jumps aplenty, climbing, skiing, paragliding, white water rafting, speed boats etc etc awesome place with many things to do

Not even close to Queenstown New Zealand, bungee jumps aplenty, climbing, skiing, paragliding, white water rafting, speed boats etc etc awesome place with many things to do

I know where my first stop on my round-the-world tour in a couple of years will be then.....has anyone been travelling? Where do people recommend? The general consensus when I was at Uni from those who had been was Indonesia was the best, followed by New Zealand.

• Backroom

Nicko looks like Donald off the tv show benidorm and some say abbey looks like mick Garvey (just don't tell him he gets upset) if that helps

You probably just couldn't handle it :P

In all seriousness, best place in the world is impossible to determine....for what it is, nothing comes close to Ibiza, not even Vegas or Cancun which I've also been to.

I've been to Ibiza and Cancun, both great places. My favourite is the Maldives though - heaven on earth.

I know where my first stop on my round-the-world tour in a couple of years will be then.....has anyone been travelling? Where do people recommend? The general consensus when I was at Uni from those who had been was Indonesia was the best, followed by New Zealand.

Queenstown is a great place. In summer (Dec-Jan-Feb) great for walking/climbing and all the things mentioned. Whilst down there you could do the Milford Track. Something like four days, but you have to book your spots. .

In winter, it's a skiers paradise.

Check out Wanaka, it had a great boutique brewery last time I was there

Archived