BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

• Moderation Lead

It's going to be like the Harrison and Haye fight, a completely one-sided embarassment.

Khan's glass jaw will be smashed all over the gaff, can't stand that lad so it makes it even more worth watching!! :lol:

• Like 1

The only intriguing thing about Khan fighting PBF is his handspeed. He'll be able to match Floyd in that department.

Sadly, in all other areas (and especially ring intelligence), it's a total mismatch. Floyd would time Khan to death. Very difficult to see it going 12 rounds given the combination of Mayweather's accuracy and Khan's chin.

Khan is in a win-win situation and any boxing fan knows that he has been wanting this fight for a long time simply because of the lucrative pay packet. Who can blame him though?

Mayweather will be a class above and will annihilate Khan.

Guaranteed my tickets for the next 4 Mayweather fights thanks to a lovely client, which means 4 trips to the USA in the next 2 years! Can't wait!

• Backroom

The only intriguing thing about Khan fighting PBF is his handspeed. He'll be able to match Floyd in that department.

Sadly, in all other areas (and especially ring intelligence), it's a total mismatch. Floyd would time Khan to death. Very difficult to see it going 12 rounds given the combination of Mayweather's accuracy and Khan's chin.

It'll go 3 or 4 rounds max imo, can't see Floyd allowing it to go any further.

Money talks I guess, to put Khan in with Mayweather is nothing but a money making scheme for both fighters. Mayweather is on a different planet to Khan, but then again who can blame Khan for accepting the fight if it goes ahead?

We’re just considering going out for the fight, not been to watch the boxing in Vegas since Hatton fought Malignaggi, we did see Roy Jones v Hopkins but thats got to be the worst ‘fight’ I’ve ever seen so I don’t count that.

It'll go 3 or 4 rounds max imo, can't see Floyd allowing it to go any further.

It'll go as many rounds as Floyd wants. He could beat him in the first round, or the last round, depending on where his management bets.

Tyson Fury - great name, but what a bellend. He should just change his name to Tommy Gunn and make the transformation complete.

On Lennox Lewis though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2451488/Lennox-Lewis-wants-100m-comeback-Klitschko-brothers.html

A 48 year old Lewis against either of the Klitschko brothers? It would have to be a rematch with Vatali surely? There's only 6 years age difference to make up then rather than 10. Wladimir would be too much for him if he came back. Be a shame to watch a true legend like Lewis getting put on his arse like that.

Tyson Fury - great name, but what a bellend. He should just change his name to Tommy Gunn and make the transformation complete.

On Lennox Lewis though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2451488/Lennox-Lewis-wants-100m-comeback-Klitschko-brothers.html

A 48 year old Lewis against either of the Klitschko brothers? It would have to be a rematch with Vatali surely? There's only 6 years age difference to make up then rather than 10. Wladimir would be too much for him if he came back. Be a shame to watch a true legend like Lewis getting put on his arse like that.

I'm sure Lewis won't mind with a $100m purse. Money talks!

Fury is a complete keaning keaner. The guy is just a big lump, get him in the ring with a half-talented boxer and he'll be finished in no time. I've no doubt that Haye will make short work and I even reckon Chisora would have it done within six.

Got to be a no-brainer for Lennox at that money. I also suspect that training with David Price has made Lennox realise just how poor the division is these days.

• 6 months later...

Justin Bieber accompanies Mayweather to the ring, dollar bills fall from the ceiling. Hmmn, I can't take the analysis of this, too late. Maybe the Argentine can win. Marcos Maidana but probably not.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/feature/video/_/page/fight-credential-mayweather-maidana/fight-credential

Round 4: "Mayweather has a cut on his right eye. This could get interesting."

After 8 rounds: Even, 76-76... per the analysts, judges could have it different I guess.

Close one...

There it is, close one, one judge had 114-114, the other 2 judges had Mayweather winning it.

Edited by Audax

Good night of boxing.

First of all Broner is a classless idiot, his end of fight was ridiculous

Amir - for the first time ever I have seen him fight properly for 12 rounds, He kept his hands high and then used is superior speed to totally dominate Callazo. What was most impressive was that he came in did his work and then moved out to get out of trouble, I thought that he would tire in the last 4 rounds but his conditioning was superb. That said Callazo was desperately poor, slow and only had one tactic which was to try and catch Amir with one big shot.

Thought that the Mayweather v Maidana fans was great. I had Floyd by 3 to 4 rounds mainly because Maidana threw so many punches but during the second half of the fight landed with relatively little and Mayweather landed a lot of shots on the counter attack. Look forward to the inevitable rematch.

Guest Norbert

Mayweather won't fight Khan. Probably because he doesn't bring enough money to the fight rather than because he's scared. A rematch with the guy he had just beaten will be next as it will bring in much more $. And that is all Mayweather cares about.

I was impressed by maidana, flits absorbed lots of body shots early on and dodged a lot.

I've not seen a boxer counter like Mayweather, even is the guy is morally bankrupt. It's mesmeric.