BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust/Action Group/Ians

TBTF

Not a complaint merely an observation but its been a long while without comment from these parties.Is there anything to report anywhere?

Things have improved on the field but you still get the feeling that things are pretty dire backstage.No board, no communication , nothing from the owners and nothing to suggest the trading losses will have eased back.In other words short term glimmer of hope but long term the problems look as great as ever, especially with a big income drop looming.

If we dont get to serious play off contenders its hard to think there wont be some major change needed in the Summer.

Anybody in touch with any of the contenders with any news /update on their activities??

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone really want to start picking at this scab at the moment?

We all know the backdrop. This kind of thread will just re-open wounds between fans.

Just be glad we have committed groups in the wings waiting to step in and help if/when the time comes.

I'm happy to comment. Rovers Trust have official support from Supporters Direct. We have all the necessary legal and professional platforms in place as an official Trust. We are in friendly contact with The Action Group and Senneca. However, we have had no direct contact with the owners despite regular and constructive dialogue with senior official BRFC officers. We remain as a committed elected organisation ready to do whatever is necessary should either the owners wish to enter dialogue or something happens that results in the Trusts need for actions.

Currently we are all enjoying the peace of concentrating on the teams results and push for promotion. It's enjoyable to just go to Ewood and enjoy the games without the clouds that surrounded the club previously.

We continue to raise funds for the Trust and push for continued and new memberships. We offer ourselves as a form of safety net should there be a necessity. In the meantime we will always continue to support the club and team we've supported since childhood.

I'm happy to comment. Rovers Trust have official support from Supporters Direct. We have all the necessary legal and professional platforms in place as an official Trust. We are in friendly contact with The Action Group and Senneca. However, we have had no direct contact with the owners despite regular and constructive dialogue with senior official BRFC officers. We remain as a committed elected organisation ready to do whatever is necessary should either the owners wish to enter dialogue or something happens that results in the Trusts need for actions.

Currently we are all enjoying the peace of concentrating on the teams results and push for promotion. It's enjoyable to just go to Ewood and enjoy the games without the clouds that surrounded the club previously.

We continue to raise funds for the Trust and push for continued and new memberships. We offer ourselves as a form of safety net should there be a necessity. In the meantime we will always continue to support the club and team we've supported since childhood.

V Good, nice to know !

Well that's as much as you can do. If the time does come, you won't have to start from scratch.March will be interesting! Thanks.

The Rovers trust also has been engaging in a few other community projects. Recently we worked with the club to collect donated kit from fans to send out to Kenya.

We are also represented on the Fans Forum... who also have good contact with the club management although not the owners.

Generally thw view is that the club is being managed much better, with no repeat of the political in-fighting we saw last season. The owners remain committed if silent and back GB were they can.

Our biggest concern now is how FFP will affect the club, but we aren't the only club with that problem.

All of those players need paying, from a workable percentage of whatever income we can raise (within FFP rules).

Ignoring transfer fees, we don't have the numbers of supporters paying enough to cover the wages of a promotion chasing team.

12,000 home fans x £250 = £3m

4,000 away and walk-ons x £20 x 23 = £1m

Sponsorship, generous, £1m per season

Total annual income = £5m

Min squad, 16 players? Wage bill 60% of turnover.

£3m / 16 players / 52 weeks = £3,600 per week on average.

How much do you reckon the players in the above list are on, let alone those who we did pay a transfer fee on?

The Trust should only ever be looked at as a safety net should the worst happen but let's hope it NEVER does and the net is not required.

Things definitely looking up despite the financial challenges but better to be backed by wealthy owners than not.

Have to say that the atmosphere on Wednesday night at the Etihad was fantastic and probably a watershed for all Rovers fans regardless of whether or not they were there.

I took my stepson (a closet Utd fan) to the Etihad and he's been singing the Jordan Rhodes song ever since!

• 2 years later...

I noticed that my annual subscription has been claimed again.

Which means it's that time of year to ask what the RoversTrust are doing in the background - aside from BRFCS-esque news pieces on club events/results?

Are there any plans to approach the club about a formal representative from the Trust working more closely with the club as a step towards a Swansea type of arrangement? (A German-style arrangement being a bit of a stretch, even for my imagination).

Many thanks in advance.

Can they not at least get that feckin music gone? Mate, I'd cancel the subscription, sound like a right con.

I think 'con' is a bit strong although I also cancelled my yearly payment as I couldn't see any benefit to the whole thing. A, Venkys aren't going to sell to them and more importantly B, even if they did have a bump on the head and offered the club to the Rovers Trust there is no way on this earth they could afford it without a VERY substantial investment from investors (ie. the two Ian's) and therefore the Rovers Trust would just be the face for another owner - sound familiar? :blink:

Whilst I am currently unsure of the progress, if any that the trust are making I will continue to pay my subscription as they are the only viable option for a properly and democratically run supporter led group going forward other than some bat sh*t mental red knight type scenario. Football trusts are supported by various supporters groups, FSF and recognised by the FA, FL and government and for that reason I will part with my 10 quid a year to ensure that we do have a legal entity to use should we require it.

My feelings entirely.

I think 'con' is a bit strong although I also cancelled my yearly payment as I couldn't see any benefit to the whole thing. A, Venkys aren't going to sell to them and more importantly B, even if they did have a bump on the head and offered the club to the Rovers Trust there is no way on this earth they could afford it without a VERY substantial investment from investors (ie. the two Ian's) and therefore the Rovers Trust would just be the face for another owner - sound familiar? :blink:

If a consortium of businessmen including the 2 I's and the Rovers Trust owned the Rovers, I'd be deliriously happy.

Not sure what you're having a problem with. And I didn't pay the 10 quid to get something out of it.

As with the pledge, I want to put in.

I'm not disagreeing, my point is that whoever was to take over the club I would only be happy if the trust had a shareholding.

I have real reservations about rich fans owning clubs, just being a fan doesn't mean you have the skills to run a football club. Look at the polarizing opinions on here at times. For every Jack Walker there is a Carl Oyston, even the well meaning ones can make a mess. Look at Stockport, a couple of wealthy do gooder fans took them on when they were in league 1 and made such a mess they suffered successive relegations into non league football.

Well Seneca claimed they had a "well funded" bid on the table. Pretty certain Battersby, Wild, etc have nothing financially significant (talking 7 figures and NOT asset wealth but cash wealth) to invest by their own means. The question is who are the investors (which apparently is still on the table if Venkys were to listen) and that's exactly what they would be. Can't say "well funded" appears to apply to Sports Shield and would it be a similar investment model with Seneca? Probably.

This isn't a debate about a takeover but I'd genuinely like to know what the Trust are up to. I know they are capable of good things - especially community work in the name of the Trust. Is this continuing?

as with most threads on this website people pick up parts of a reply from somebody they don't like and run with that, conveniently ignoring the rest.

Somebody referred to the money paid to the Rovers Trust "as a right con", but lets not pick that up eh!

Archived