SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl Megathread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe it. One hears of the occasional story where a child, a son kills their parents. Happened with former NFL and CFL player, former Texas A and M Aggie, Antonio Armstrong and wife. Absolutely shocking and rest in peace. Shocking.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/police-former-texas-a-m-linebacker-and-wife-shot-by-teenage-son/

Former-NFL-Player-Antonio-Armstrong-and-

May they rest in peace.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Backroom

An incredible collapse from the Falcons. To put it in perspective, no team had ever come back from anything above a 10 point deficit in any Super Bowl final. The Patriots came back from 25 down. The ESPN probability calculator had the Falcons down as 99.6% certain to win with 9 minutes left. Those were some serious odds to overcome.

6 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

What a game the Superbowl was.

The Patriots beat Altanta 34-28 in over time.

They were 21-3 down at halftime, then 28-3 early in the 3rd quarter.

Great comeback, in the third quarter the pundits were discussing Tom Brady's obituary and the tarnish it would leave on his career but it turned out to be his finest moment probably. I wanted the Falcons to win but they bottled it, and the cock up in the fourth quarter when they had a field goal opportunity and then lost it must have done nothing to ease shredded nerves. 

I wasn't for New England either but there is something about that team, they were fortunate to win vs. Seattle a few years ago and a bit fortunate to win this time not to take away anything from them. What? NE with Brady and Belichek have won 4 or 5 SBs and lost 2 SBs, something like that.  What a dominant team.

• 2 months later...

Aaron Hernandez, convicted killer, and ex New England Patriots player killed himself overnight in prison.

He is serving life for murder, yet only last week was found not guilty of murdering 2 people in Boston.

I've been absolutely fascinated with his story. Now it's over.

Archived