BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl Megathread

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As sky sports are desperately trying force American football down our throats thought I'd give it a go.

But sadly i'm not a convert. Doesn't help trying to learn rules as watch it but too stop start for me. Just as something looks like it's going to happen the game stops. To be fair may be doing it a disservice as I fell asleep perhaps not surprisingly for a sport that claims to last one hour but because of all the stoppages and faffing about it takes about 4 hours to complete.

As with all American sports (this, basketball, baseball, nascar, Indy car, etc) it fails on the acid test of if its any good do other countries play it. The fact they don't means it's no better than Aussie rules, gaelic football, kabaddi crap like that. I'll have to stick with football cricket and rugby.

What is genuinely impressive about the Super Bowl is the volume of food the yanks put away during the game. 1.23 billion chicken wings; 14,500 tonnes of chips; 3.8 million lbs of popcorn; 4 million pizzas. It goes on. Now with the Americans I'm not sure whether that's per person or as a country but that quantity of food is the real story.

• Moderation Lead

TBH the Superbowl is just about the worst game to watch if you were looking to get into American Football. There's that much in the way of stoppages and delays compared to normal games it's enough to put people off. In isolation I don't think American Football is a bad sport, but I don't think it's even the best American sport in any case.

(Or anywhere near as good as footy :tu:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Okay, this isn't American Football....but I'll post here as don't think there's much point in creating a new thread....

Has anyone here ever been to see Blackburn Hawks Ice Hockey team?

Yes, it's a good do! (Cheap as well)

Archived