BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Extra ! Extra ! Read All About It !

You're very likely right ABBEY and I'm certainly not going to do it for the sake of £50.

What about all the other points? Or can you just not find reason to have a pop?

Let me ask again are you supporting British agriculture by paying real prices for food? I can recommend a couple of places for you or is this another example of you blasting off about something you do not do yourself?

How do you feel about the British going to Berlin, very trendy, and taking local jobs, housing, possibly benefits, school places, hospital treatment. Those people are EU migrant workers. Do you feel the same about British migrant workers? You would deny them the freedom to work?

My suggestion would be put up or say nothing as all you are doing at present is having a pop. I do know why.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a right bee in your bonnet about 'liberals' haven't you SKH?

;-)

Ha yeah get a bit carried away with it sometimes. I don't actually disagree with that many liberal policies (e.g. cracking down on tax evasion, equal gender pay, cracking down on bankers). It's the style of debating many liberals adopt that bothers me. From all my experiences if you argue with a liberal for long enough you'll get called racist, ignorant, any variety of swear word, or something else along those lines. There seems to be some underlying assumption from them that its good vs evil, educated vs thick, right vs wrong.

And yet you get violent anti-tuition fee protests, stabbings at liberal carnivals like Notting Hill and Unite Against Fascism behaving more violently than the EDF and the BNP combined.

There's nothing morally superior about the liberal view. And regarding migration it's simply a question of anticipating the long-term consequences. If I thought it was a one-off I wouldn't mind the UK admitting loads either. But it won't be a one off, the flood gates will open.

In which case they are needed, glad you agree Theno is wrong.

Surely a case of underpaying our own doctors and settling for second best in the NHS. If we paid properly there would be no need for foreign qualified doctors.

In any event I believe that doctors who qualify in Britain should be in practice in this country until they have paid their debt to society.

In regards to this 'would you have them living in your house' thing, I personally say yes i would, if i had a room available to rent then they would be just as free as anybody else to apply for it and if they seemed like decent people and their rent was getting paid id have no problem with offering them the room and the fact they where foreigners wouldn't matter. I imagine though that it would create a few obstacles along the way, but so would getting used to living with any person(especially one that you dont really know)

Really moving pictures of the Refugees here: http://www.bild.de/politik/inland/angela-merkel/beendet-schande-von-budapest-42467370.bild.html

I know, it is hard to be gung ho and wanting to host them, I probably agree with that but I applaud the compassion at this time.

We will see, it's a long time mess.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34164645

------------

http://www.syriahr.com/en/2015/08/the-world-must-act-to-stop-syrias-suffering/

Academicians in England wrote this letter, agree or not, I read a lot of stuff from all over.

Two points:

Why do you think the right wing papers are overwhelmingly more popular in Britain than left wing papers? People tend to read what they want to read about, as such maybe right wing papers reflect the mood of the nation.

There are plenty of left wing papers to compete, but they don't: Independent (and The I), Guardian, Observer, Mirror as well as Buzzfeed and Huffington Post online.

Well, it's a bit more complex than that for a number of reasons but just to list a couple:

As recently as the early sixties there were popular left-wing/liberal newspapers with circulations of seven figures. Major problem they had was that despite their popularity, their readership was perceived as being overwhelmingly working-class. As a result, they struggled to attract advertising revenue and eventually ceased to exist.

Since then liberal/left-wing organisations (TUC in the eighties to name one) have looked into producing a popular newspaper but the start-up costs are just too high. Only the very rich can afford to own newspapers and such figures tend to be conservative and right-wing.

This is all true in my opinion. Unfortunately in the information age it takes something truly shocking for the mass media to report on human strife in the Middle East, and something even more shocking for the general populace to dmand action.

But your original post implied it was a ruse to lead us into war. I would say reports on Syria make our direct involvment even less likely. It's a failed state with no guarentee of a good outcome.

I genuinely do think it is a ruse, the public are definitely being softened up for a larger involvement (didn't Cameron propose it a couple if years back?)

The reason to become involved in that particular place? Who knows. Tactical positioning, resources, for ultimately expanding the state of Israel, the need for war to justify defence budgets and having a strong military in place? Sadly, I'd say humanitarian reasons would be way down the list for any war there.

Well, it's a bit more complex than that for a number of reasons but just to list a couple:

As recently as the early sixties there were popular left-wing/liberal newspapers with circulations of seven figures. Major problem they had was that despite their popularity, their readership was perceived as being overwhelmingly working-class. As a result, they struggled to attract advertising revenue and eventually ceased to exist.

Since then liberal/left-wing organisations (TUC in the eighties to name one) have looked into producing a popular newspaper but the start-up costs are just too high. Only the very rich can afford to own newspapers and such figures tend to be conservative and right-wing.

That is an assumption right, what about people like Branson, Blair etc the list is endless

• Backroom

While I understand what you're saying (and thank you for taking the time to respond so eloquently unlike *cough*), the fact is there are several left wing news outlets as listed in my post that don't get near to the readership of the right wing press.

That being said, I know that Huff Post is extremely popular and wonder if its online readership competes with right wing outlets (online and in paper).

The initial point I was trying to make is that imo, the country is right-leaning. Otherwise how else would the Tories have got in and UKIP attracting 4m votes? The recent election suggests that Labour only really stands a chance as long as Scottish seats remain in Westminster imo.

On a side note, I recently posted that I find right wing people to be far less intolerant and intolerable than left wing people I've spoken to. And *cough* is the most left wing guy on here...

1) no need to go and invade, plenty of room to try and help resolve the problem as a combined attempt with many other countries.

2) doesn't matter what china and russia do, it's what we do. They are Muslims, because they are running from a war zone where fascists (in the name of Islam) are killing them, and destroying their lives. Muslims are people too.

3) they are refugees not migrants, they are fleeing a war zone. Despite where they make their claim. 800,000 in germany, we wont even let them near our border to make a claim.

4) plenty of pictures, its just that the media here haven't led with them.

Now if they are economic migrants then they are coming here seeking a share of our collective wealth. If as you say they are refugees then they are coming here for our protection. Also IF they are refugees then logically they will return home as soon as the situation changes and they feel safe. So hands up Baz and those who think that once the problems in Syria / Iraq / Afghanistan / Pakistan / Bangladesh / Africa are sorted out that these people will quickly and eagerly return to their homeland? How many will cram into engine compartments, car boots and containers just to return home?

Now if they are economic migrants then they are coming here seeking a share of our collective wealth. If as you say they are refugees then they are coming here for our protection. Also IF they are refugees then logically they will return home as soon as the situation changes and they feel safe. So hands up Baz and those who think that once the problems in Syria / Iraq / Afghanistan / Pakistan / Bangladesh / Africa are sorted out that these people will quickly and eagerly return to their homeland? How many will cram into engine compartments, car boots and containers just to return home?

The vast majority will return once its safe to do so, and some wont, but there would be no need to travel home in engine compartments.

Archived