BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

37 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Oh do I really have to move from the Riverside to the JW... it's full of oldies 'ore yon

Now come on Jim... it's not that far... and that nice Paul man said it's the same price for the first season

victor2.jpg

OK I'll admit it.

Most do make me laugh :P

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Valid point. I should have said scored first in the first half. 

The players have had the wrong mentality for years. I always used to complain they never turned up at Ewood until half time and trailing or level at best under Bowyer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don't know about everyone else but I'm looking forward to having a break from football this summer. It's been nothing but relentless pain and heartache for 7 seasons now and it's taken its toll on me. We all know that unless they bugger off then it's going to get worse come August, whatever division we're in.

Great line and one which mirrors my view exactly.

I don't want to watch football on tv and going to Ewood is a real awful experience these days when we think about all that has gone on in the past 6 and a bit years.

I am not renewing my ST for next year and I will simply pick and choose games I fancy going to which undoubtedly will be more away than home.

I have been able to enjoy the IPL cricket on SKY, some early season fishing and some good walks over the past few weeks and long may that continue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Oh do I really have to move from the Riverside to the JW... it's full of oldies 'ore yon

Now come on Jim... it's not that far... and that nice Paul man said it's the same price for the first season

victor2.jpg

Shouldnt his head be in some sand? Seems most act that way 

• Like 1

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Great line and one which mirrors my view exactly.

I don't want to watch football on tv and going to Ewood is a real awful experience these days when we think about all that has gone on in the past 6 and a bit years.

I am not renewing my ST for next year and I will simply pick and choose games I fancy going to which undoubtedly will be more away than home.

I have been able to enjoy the IPL cricket on SKY, some early season fishing and some good walks over the past few weeks and long may that continue.

I can't watch the PL anymore watching over paid majority foreign players who couldn't care less about the teams they play for, all about money it's a disgrace. I enjoy the six nations and the odd Irish international qualifiers because they actually want to play for Ireland and alway punch above their weight, the rest is wasted on me at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

I can't watch the PL anymore watching over paid majority foreign players who couldn't care less about the teams they play for, all about money it's a disgrace. I enjoy the six nations and the odd Irish international qualifiers because they actually want to play for Ireland and alway punch above their weight, the rest is wasted on me at the moment. 

I stopped religiously watching the PL and football in general a few years back for that very reason. Now and again Ill watch the Champs League as it draws to the quarters etc..

I worked for a highstreet bookmaker for 5 yrs and we would do previews and the posters etc for the upcoming big games Chelsea v Man Utd or Arsenal v Spurs etc and created this whole buildup and then come to watch the game and its like pulling teeth-watching paintdry. As a biker we have a joke about Footballers only requiring 1 ball. These primadonnas over paid big girls boluses cracking under prssure of a game or being fould like they been shot...try going round TT course at 200,ph+ next to brick walls..thats pressure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The players have had the wrong mentality for years. I always used to complain they never turned up at Ewood until half time and trailing or level at best under Bowyer.

Constantly starting with defensive or deep lying midfielders and wingers on the wrong sides has made a huge contributed to this and it's been going on for years because that's the only type of players we have mostly. GB was chief architect of it for sure I used to tear my hair out but it's still happening now.  They've got to start going for more attack minded more aggressive players all round the squad really.

Lambert tried to up the ante but the little lovies weren't keen so the only answer is start bringing in a different type of player where possible.

Kodjia of Villa has had his 3 game suspension reduced to 1, meaning he'll not be available to take on Big Club, but can face us the following game. Very frustrating and unfortunate, especially when we're already up against it big time. The footballing Gods need to do us a turn soon, surely.

He scored two against us in the reverse fixture, for anyone wondering what kind of impact he may have.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Kodjia of Villa has had his 3 game suspension reduced to 1, meaning he'll not be available to take on Big Club, but can face us the following game. Very frustrating and unfortunate, especially when we're already up against it big time.

I'm convinced that Del Boys appointment at Brum will make Villa try even harder.

Villa have enough in the locker to see of Brum anyway.

Not suprised at the ban reduction for Kodjia. The oppo guy was the one with feet everywhere.

Sods Law he plays against us though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Kodjia of Villa has had his 3 game suspension reduced to 1, meaning he'll not be available to take on Big Club, but can face us the following game. Very frustrating and unfortunate, especially when we're already up against it big time. The footballing Gods need to do us a turn soon, surely.

He scored two against us in the reverse fixture, for anyone wondering what kind of impact he may have.

Footballing gods? You make your own luck. We are were we deserve to be

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

good investment fro a side fighting relegation I thought they had problems meeting FFP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/18/ross-mccormackhas-not-reported-training-nottingham-forest-three/

Forest have spent cash, but remember that they've brought a lot in through sales of people like Antonio and Oliver Burke.

Unlike our lot who have used the cash from player sales to pay wages and bills, the Forest owner has allowed some of that money (not all) to be reinvested into decent players such as McCormack and Zak Clough.

Cheston will try to tell us all that it can't be done due to FFP but that simply isn't true. Forest brought in about £15 million through selling Burke last summer and in January spent a few million the other way. They've still made £10 million+ and avoided FFP sanctions this year. We could have done the same if we had owners who wanted to invest and had any ambition.

• Like 3