BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Unfortunately for me the issue has always been the same. Yes we all know the issue with Venkys over the past 7 years and it is clear to say that they very professionally dismantled the club in various ways. Whether it was done through stupidity, confusion, or greed the result is the same. Today we have a club that fans are unable to identify themselves with, other who refuse protest in their own way and other who protest more directly. For me Blackburn Rovers need help and help quick. The thing fans have got to realise it is whether it is through non attendance, direct protest, or turning up to games you can create one banner for all instead of pointing fingers. For the me the role of the Rovers trust is not just to help the community it's which they have done so well, but it is to unite the fan base, create a fund for the benefit of Blackburn rovers with the long term goal to own a significant part of the club as a non profit organisation. However, instead we have various entities and to be honest while I understand the role of each group as each of them represent different values and ideas I am unable to associate myself with one group as they are too specific in my eyes when for the last 7 years we needed one general group who can create a strong following which is to safeguard to the Rovers name and the Jack Walker dream. 

10 hours ago, bazza said:

You really haven't got a clue as to how abject our performances have been of late, have you.

We cannot scrape a win in a month of Sundays.

Trent Villa, if you are coming to Ewood on Saturday you'll be amazed at how poor a side we are. Totally dysfunctional.

No that's true I haven't and given Small Heath's 'form' I've wondered how you've not caught them as it seemed a few weeks ago you were finding some form.

I do though think you've the perfect opportunity against us and one win really could be enough.

Sad to see the general feeling seems to be that relegation is inevitable and your players by the sound of it don't much care. Even more sad to see the terrible owners have seemingly divided the fans.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No that's true I haven't and given Small Heath's 'form' I've wondered how you've not caught them as it seemed a few weeks ago you were finding some form.

I do though think you've the perfect opportunity against us and one win really could be enough.

Sad to see the general feeling seems to be that relegation is inevitable and your players by the sound of it don't much care. Even more sad to see the terrible owners have seemingly divided the fans.

Have a quick read of the one man destroyed our club thread and you will see in a nutshell, why the fans see the relegation as inevitable. Without wanting to sound rude, fans at other clubs, don't have a clue what has really gone on at our club. Spread this amongst your fellow Villa fans, as this should not be allowed to happen and could still happen to another club at any time.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

We are where we are because the players that we have are not good enough.  The other teams in the relegation scrap (Forest, Bristol and Burton) have got the big results at home when they really needed it.  I fully expect Birmingham to follow suit on Saturday (they must have some quality as they were top 6 contenders before they bought in Zola).  Even after such a poor season we had the chance to get out of trouble in recent weeks but yielded just 2 points from home games against Preston, Barnsley and Bristol.

I would be delighted if somehow we can pick up points but have no expectation that we will.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, lraC said:

Have a quick read of the one man destroyed our club thread and you will see in a nutshell, why the fans see the relegation as inevitable. Without wanting to sound rude, fans at other clubs, don't have a clue what has really gone on at our club. Spread this amongst your fellow Villa fans, as this should not be allowed to happen and could still happen to another club at any time.

Already read it and fairly clued up on Mr Anderson etc...

I used to come on here a lot when we were both in the PL. 

I agree it shouldn't but it will, the FA does nothing to protect clubs for the fans. I predict problems at Wolves in the future....

Just looked at our pre-match thread, looks like as I suspected a lot will be hoping you prevail.

(no offence taken by the way I know exactly what you meant)

Edited by TrentVilla
  • Like 5

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I agree it shouldn't but it will, the FA does nothing to protect clubs for the fans. I predict problems at Wolves in the future....

Just looked at our pre-match thread, looks like as I suspected a lot will be hoping you prevail.

Cheers Mate.

22 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

fully expect Birmingham to follow suit on Saturday (they must have some quality as they were top 6 contenders before they bought in Zola).  

Actually, they don't really.

Their position under Rowett was false and couldn't have been sustained, they were only ever well organised, defensive and difficult to play against.

Zola removed all that and they are currently on a run on 2 wins in 24 games.

Yesterday they were better organised than they have been and probably a little more confident but still lacked any real quality. 

• Like 1

Actually, they don't really.

Their position under Rowett was false and couldn't have been sustained, they were only ever well organised, defensive and difficult to play against.

Zola removed all that and they are currently on a run on 2 wins in 24 games.

Yesterday they were better organised than they have been and probably a little more confident but still lacked any real quality. 

We live in hope and that hope is a touch more optimistic, knowing we will have both sets of supporters hoping we get a Rovers win. The team will have it all to do, as the Villa players are professional and will be there to win the game.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Both sets of fans wanting us to win .This will only end one way....

We didn't win at Anfield in 1995. Villa will not be the problem. We will be.

44 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

We are where we are because the players that we have are not good enough.  The other teams in the relegation scrap (Forest, Bristol and Burton) have got the big results at home when they really needed it.  I fully expect Birmingham to follow suit on Saturday (they must have some quality as they were top 6 contenders before they bought in Zola).  Even after such a poor season we had the chance to get out of trouble in recent weeks but yielded just 2 points from home games against Preston, Barnsley and Bristol.

I would be delighted if somehow we can pick up points but have no expectation that we will.

We are where we are because of a ridiculous managerial appointment last Summer, and death by a thousand cuts from our owners.

(no offence taken by the way I know exactly what you meant)

Which website is that? I would like to have a read. Might cheer me up a bit. 

• Like 1

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16388-pre-match-thread/#comment-2206993

Pre match thread has only just been opened so not a lot of posts yet, but it's talked about in other threads like the one about Small Heath.

Thanks.

I have always liked the Villa Claret and Blue.

I can say that openly as Villa were the originals and it took the Dingles 20 years to copy.

I remember Villa winning the European Cup like yesterday. Met Peter Withe when he managed the local national side a few years back.

• Like 1

Looking at the quality Villa have throughout their team it would take them all having one foot in the pool at Puerta Banus for us to beat them. I really have no hope of us getting points from the next two let alone winning, the way Jota is playing at Brentford he could single handedly beat our team at the moment, he has more creativity in one foot than our midfield has mustered all year.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Villa have a lot of quality on paper but their league position shows that it doesn't always translate onto the pitch. A bit like us in our first championship season. They are beatable but I think this will be another draw to add to the collection. 

Edited by DE.

We are currently less than the sum of our parts. Talented individuals but not really clicking as a team.

We have are terrible at scoring goals largely due to the fact we rarely retain possession but we don't concede many at all these days.

We are poor away from home and with nothing to play for I don't see that changing.

Asfor how many we are bringing, 5600 sold so far but expecting to sell a further 1300.

• Like 1

Fill yer boots TrentVilla,this shower of shyte masquerading in our famous shirt couldn't beat an Egg...they don't give a toss.

A good following from you lot but so sad to see you paying into Venkys wilful destruction of our club.(nothing personal)

Please encourage your fans in supporting our cause with a noisy rendition of 'Venkys out' from the Darwen End.

P.S.

Rest assured there will be plenty of empty seats my Lord! Empty seats!Ohh Lord empty seats!!! 

:brfc:;)

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1