BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Enjoying the love-in cos we have a decent away fan posting. :D

I disliked Villa for several seasons but that's only because we kept drawing them in the FA Cup ever season for about 5 years! (At least it felt like it).

As it is they are just another Championship team - albeit one screwed over by foreign owners too. No chance of uniting fans between clubs against the authorities, as Matty mentioned early. It's not necessarily a tribal thing more just self-interest. Beside we don't even want to united as a fanbase when it's happening to us - in a worse way than most others - every sodding day.

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rest assured there will be plenty of empty seats my Lord! Empty seats!Ohh Lord empty seats!!! 

:brfc:;)

Not heard that one for a while. The mainstay at the moment is "your support is effing shot".

Hard to disagree really. We can't even muster a reply.

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

Remember Stevie Archibald scoring two for Rovers in a 3-2 win.

I also remember watching Saint and Greavsie and Greaves made some crack about being able to buy the club for Steve's transfer fee. Don't think either of them liked Rovers.

https://ewoodpark.jimdo.com/blackburn-rovers-you-tube-videos/

That Villa game from 1988 is amongst this lot.^

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Enjoying the love-in cos we have a decent away fan posting. :D

I disliked Villa for several seasons but that's only because we kept drawing them in the FA Cup ever season for about 5 years! (At least it felt like it).

You mean kept being knocked out of cups by us ;) (sorry couldn't resist, you can let me have that one)

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fill yer boots TrentVilla,this shower of shyte masquerading in our famous shirt couldn't beat an Egg...they don't give a toss.

A good following from you lot but so sad to see you paying into Venkys wilful destruction of our club.(nothing personal)

Please encourage your fans in supporting our cause with a noisy rendition of 'Venkys out' from the Darwen End.

P.S.

Rest assured there will be plenty of empty seats my Lord! Empty seats!Ohh Lord empty seats!!! 

:brfc:;)

That song is the worst in football and sounds a bit daft when they sing it surrounded by their own empty seats lol

Memories of some good tussles with Villa and that Archibald game at Ewood really felt like the big time for a teenage fan although we'd no idea of the real big times to come. Still wouldn't swap those games for anything though.

• Like 2

Just now, USABlue said:

Birmingham to beat Huddersfield.  I memory serves lately Hudds have lost against every one of our relegation rivals.  I expect that to continue..  Will Villa do us a favour to help do in their hated rivals.  

Hopefully Huddersfield draw tonight V Wolves, leaving them needing a win to be sure of play-offs. If they win tonight, they could be in party mode....

Huddersfield have let us down at every hurdle. Let us hope they break the habit of a season and turn up against Birmingham. I know we shouldn't get into the habit of trying to heap blame onto other clubs but their results against our rivals have been absolutely terrible for a side pushing for promotion.

In theory Birmingham's 2 remaining games are just as difficult as ours. Huddersfield haven't yet secured a play-off spot and might need a win on Saturday to guarantee it. On their day they are a strong side. Bristol City away is a tough place to go at the moment and although they will likely be safe by then I wouldn't fancy going there needing a win.

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

That song is the worst in football and sounds a bit daft when they sing it surrounded by their own empty seats lol

Memories of some good tussles with Villa and that Archibald game at Ewood really felt like the big time for a teenage fan although we'd no idea of the real big times to come. Still wouldn't swap those games for anything though.

The first time I saw Aston Villa play was a 3rd Division game in in 71/72 ,I think it was a draw 1-1 with Terry Garbett scoring for the Rovers ..

The 2nd time was a 5th Round FA cup tie in 1980 ....And the subsequent replay at Villa Park 4 days later ..

Happy Memories , will we play them again??

Only if Venkys leave !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Keith Andrews giving away that penalty away at Villa... oh dear

Is that the one where he could have easily cleared it, started dribbling the ball towards his own goal, lost the ball then completely lost his head and decided to drop kick the opposing player?

Terrible score at present with Huddersfield winning. This would clinch their play-off place, making their game at Birmingham irrelevant from their point of view. We need them to be needing to get a result at St. Andrews.

Edited by Giant