BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

8 minutes ago, Giant said:

Terrible score at present with Huddersfield winning. This would clinch their play-off place, making their game at Birmingham irrelevant from their point of view. We need them to be needing to get a result at St. Andrews.

Hopefully they look at the table and try to engineer a result that makes them avoid Fulham

17 minutes ago, Giant said:

Terrible score at present with Huddersfield winning. This would clinch their play-off place, making their game at Birmingham irrelevant from their point of view. We need them to be needing to get a result at St. Andrews.

They were pretty much guaranteed a play off spot anyway. You see it a lot that the teams who do well in the play offs year after year aren't the ones who've been in there all season it's the ones who go into them in the best end of season form which is why I fancy Fulham this season. Huddersfield will be wanting to win there last two going into the play offs, so I don't think the view that with a play off place tied up they won't be up for it at St Andrews on Saturday. It will be a tough game for Birmingham, I'm a lot more worried about us beating Villa than I am Huddersfield letting us down at Birmingham.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

They've proven to be incapable of beating our rivals when they have got something to play for, so I doubt it'll make a difference.

Exactly, it's not like they've been ripping the league apart before tonight. Maybe the pressure being off will help them play better.

Alternatively the players might not want to get injured for the playoff games and take it very easy.

Either way, Huddersfield aren't to blame for our horrific form over the course of the season. If our management and team want to get out of this mess then they had better start acting like it, because the game against Wolves suggested they were already dreaming of being far away from Ewood.

If Huddersfield have any designs on winning the play-offs then they will know they need to take some momentum into them. To "rest" and rollever now could backfire.

Of course, I wouldn't blame Huddersfield either way. Keeping Coyle for as long as we did killed our chances. The fact that Senior waited until after the transfer window closed to get rid of him showed how out of touch he was and that was another month wasted. Assessing our squad and saying (whether he believed it or not) that there was no 'value' was another example of how badly run we are. Is there no value in staying in this division. Having a target who couldn't even sign due to work permit issues showed a lack of professionalism. More time wasted.

How can one club be so unlucky or badly advised or mistaken or confused? :wacko:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Butty said:

They were pretty much guaranteed a play off spot anyway. You see it a lot that the teams who do well in the play offs year after year aren't the ones who've been in there all season it's the ones who go into them in the best end of season form which is why I fancy Fulham this season. Huddersfield will be wanting to win there last two going into the play offs, so I don't think the view that with a play off place tied up they won't be up for it at St Andrews on Saturday. It will be a tough game for Birmingham, I'm a lot more worried about us beating Villa than I am Huddersfield letting us down at Birmingham.

Late run to the playoffs having upper hand is Urban myth

Team that finished 3 rd have gone up more than any other position

47 minutes ago, Butty said:

DW: "we will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the Play-Offs. Today we celebrate" #htafc (DTS).... I take my post back, that's a direct quote from Huddersfields manager. Clearly playing the reserves Saturday. If he does then I hope they get battered in the play offs. Selfish man not considering us when saying that! :lol: 

Very bad result for us tonight. That said I dont think it changes things a huge amount as I thought we needed two wins from our last two games to have a chance of staying up even before tonight.

All this guff about possibly staying up with two draws is exactly that imo. Guff.

Even more reason why we have to abandon our safety first approach in the last two games. If we're to go down at least let's go down having had a go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Butty said:

DW: "we will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the Play-Offs. Today we celebrate" #htafc (DTS).... I take my post back, that's a direct quote from Huddersfields manager. Clearly playing the reserves Saturday. If he does then I hope they get battered in the play offs. Selfish man not considering us when saying that! :lol: 

We can't rely on others doing us favours we have to win our two games and see what happens 

We have to win come what may on Saturday. The QPR V Forest game will have a baring on our prospects, but if we win, it will go down to the last game no matter what. If Birmingham win, we will be two adrift of them with a win ourselves. If Forest draw or lose, then we have a chance of overhauling them with another win on the last day. If Forest win, we have a chance of overhauling QPR on the last day.

For those thinking Huddersfield with play a weakened team and therefore Birmingham are going to win, they are 7/4 at the minute. If punters get hold of this and lump on, the odds will drop.

Edited by lraC

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/championship-predictor-with-two-games-left-who-gets-relegated/story-30289907-detail/story.html

Done the predictions with a 'can-do' attitude. 6 points. Chill out, relax, have a Lambrini, I've got colleagues at Villa, license to print money, etc etc 

We are staying up!

I went on that link that the local paper is worse than ours. It says we are at home to Huddersfield on Saturday!

Given their indifferent form over the last few weeks Huddersfield need some momentum to take into the play-offs and making wholesale changes and coasting for their last two games could well backfire on them.

I am nervously excited about the next couple of weeks but hand on heart I can't see us having enough about us to get the results we need. However this is Rovers and history tells us to expect the unexpected.