BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Definitely a relegation battle this season. Bowyer couldn't get a team to defend no matter how long he manages, he's useless. Guy plays 2 defensive mids who can't defend, a back four who can't defend and this has been going on for 2 over seasons.

Bowyer Out

• Like 3

Even if Rhodes goes there's no way we are going down, I don't even think we'd be in a relegation fight. We lost to Wolves but we played well enough to draw and with a bit better from the officials we might have won.

What's most frustrating about the team is that individually we have quite a few good players.

• Backroom

Even if Rhodes goes there's no way we are going down, I don't even think we'd be in a relegation fight. We lost to Wolves but we played well enough to draw and with a bit better from the officials we might have won.

What's most frustrating about the team is that individually we have quite a few good players.

We regularly leak 2 or more goals and if Rhodes goes will not have a goalscorer in the team. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound like a good combination to me.

If Rhodes scores his 20+ goals again where are the other goals going to come from? Having to score two or three a game to win will be the norm this season and we just don't have the capability.

I think the likelihood of us being in a relegation fight increased on the basis of the fringe players' performance last night, because injuries and suspensions mean that most of them will get plenty of games *shudders*. If Rhodes leaves during this window I think that would be the straw that broke the camel's back, because you simply cannot concede 2 a game without him in the side to bail us out, and Gaz seems unable to rectify the leakage.

It doesn't look great, but its amazing what a couple of victories can do. Let's start in Huddersfield on Saturday please!

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

No way

But if a bold statement that ..

It is but have a relegation thread is a bit silly isn't it?

If Rhodes scores his 20+ goals again where are the other goals going to come from? Having to score two or three a game to win will be the norm this season and we just don't have the capability.

IF Rhodes stays, I think he'll score more, if he leaves I think we will get someone in who can score a few, also Koita looks like he might be pretty good. As good as JR and Rudy were last season, it's a team game and we have finished 8th and 9th, not good enough but not awful. I think quite a few of the players are decent and after 2+ years the problem is the manager.

The BIGGEST factor against us getting relegated is that although we might be poor so is the league and there are 6 or 7 worse teams minimum.

It is but have a relegation thread is a bit silly isn't it?

IF Rhodes stays, I think he'll score more, if he leaves I think we will get someone in who can score a few, also Koita looks like he might be pretty good. As good as JR and Rudy were last season, it's a team game and we have finished 8th and 9th, not good enough but not awful. I think quite a few of the players are decent and after 2+ years the problem is the manager.

The BIGGEST factor against us getting relegated is that although we might be poor so is the league and there are 6 or 7 worse teams minimum.

I think most people are speculating we will get relegated because of the manager.

I honestly don't know who we could bring in to replace Rhodes given our spending limitations. Every manager in the league is looking for a 20+ striker.

I think most people are speculating we will get relegated because of the manager.

I honestly don't know who we could bring in to replace Rhodes given our spending limitations. Every manager in the league is looking for a 20+ striker.

Yeah, I'm quite angry with him at the moment, wouldn't cry if he left, but even if he's not very good, I don't think he's terrible. Plus I think if things go poorly enough he'll leave of his own accord.

It's far too early to say but going off how close he's come to scoring in two sub appearances, we might have a 20+ striker already in Koita.

The next 2 games in particular should be an opportunity to get 6 points on the board. With all respect to Huddersfield and Cardiff they will be bottom half this season, and if we want to avoid a relegation fight we need to be beating those teams.

Shrewsbury gave us a lesson last night in how to get ahead in a game away from home, protect a lead and comfortably see the game out to victory. How many times have Rovers been able to do that in recent times? On the rare occasions we do win away from home it is usually the case that we race into an early lead then spend the whole second half hanging on for dear life.