Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roverandout

The Relegation Thread

1778 posts in this topic

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Kodjia of Villa has had his 3 game suspension reduced to 1, meaning he'll not be available to take on Big Club, but can face us the following game. Very frustrating and unfortunate, especially when we're already up against it big time.

I'm convinced that Del Boys appointment at Brum will make Villa try even harder.

Villa have enough in the locker to see of Brum anyway.

Not suprised at the ban reduction for Kodjia. The oppo guy was the one with feet everywhere.

Sods Law he plays against us though.

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Kodjia of Villa has had his 3 game suspension reduced to 1, meaning he'll not be available to take on Big Club, but can face us the following game. Very frustrating and unfortunate, especially when we're already up against it big time. The footballing Gods need to do us a turn soon, surely.

He scored two against us in the reverse fixture, for anyone wondering what kind of impact he may have.

Footballing gods? You make your own luck. We are were we deserve to be

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Footballing gods? You make your own luck. We are were we deserve to be

True, but now we need some luck. 

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

good investment fro a side fighting relegation I thought they had problems meeting FFP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/18/ross-mccormackhas-not-reported-training-nottingham-forest-three/

Forest have spent cash, but remember that they've brought a lot in through sales of people like Antonio and Oliver Burke.

Unlike our lot who have used the cash from player sales to pay wages and bills, the Forest owner has allowed some of that money (not all) to be reinvested into decent players such as McCormack and Zak Clough.

Cheston will try to tell us all that it can't be done due to FFP but that simply isn't true. Forest brought in about £15 million through selling Burke last summer and in January spent a few million the other way. They've still made £10 million+ and avoided FFP sanctions this year. We could have done the same if we had owners who wanted to invest and had any ambition.

3 people like this

5 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

good investment fro a side fighting relegation I thought they had problems meeting FFP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/18/ross-mccormackhas-not-reported-training-nottingham-forest-three/

Might be wrong but think Forest were put under an embargo (around the same time Venkys had the FFP excuse)  because they failed to pay part of a transfer fee on time

Edited by perthblue02

More down to Fawaz's unusual business style and refusal to appoint a CEO than a lack of money or investment.

Infact just about the only thing he can't be criticised for at Forest is spending money. He's spent a fortune, albeit with a lot wasted. Recently they've had a few big sales as he looks to cut costs but then he still allowed re-investment into quality like Clough to the tune of a few million.

Investment in football is putting above and beyond the bare minimum in to keep the doors open to try and improve the club and its chances of success.

Venkys think investment is servicing the debt and paying the wages they have contracted themselves into paying. A bit like me buying a house and claiming investment because I pay the gas and electric bill. Never mind the walls are falling down and there's no roof.

4 people like this

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

More down to Fawaz's unusual business style and refusal to appoint a CEO than a lack of money or investment.

Infact just about the only thing he can't be criticised for at Forest is spending money. He's spent a fortune, albeit with a lot wasted. Recently they've had a few big sales as he looks to cut costs but then he still allowed re-investment into quality like Clough to the tune of a few million.

Investment in football is putting above and beyond the bare minimum in to keep the doors open to try and improve the club and its chances of success.

Venkys think investment is servicing the debt and paying the wages they have contracted themselves into paying. A bit like me buying a house and claiming investment because I pay the gas and electric bill. Never mind the walls are falling down and there's no roof.

Please write a blog... It'd be fantastic! At least consider it! Bang on every time!

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

We won Nikelodeon Family Club of the Year as well as being FFP compliant.

Cheston deserves a pay rise and a new company car.

Unfortunately Mike just did a software upgrade on his phone which has automatically sorted his contacts by last name.

As a result, he seems to have lost the number for "Suhail"

Should it not come under P or could that be S or maybe some other alias? I might need to call my office later today, to check the surname of my boss, as I don't know it. Come to think of it, I don't know his job title either. I must be losing the plot or covering something up!

19 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

McCormack is another troubled soul looking for salvation in the bars of Glasgow. He will end up managed by Coyle in Scotland L2.

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

A debt that comes relegation from the Premier league, due to their terrible decisions.  

A draw at Wolves isn't an "embarrassing" or "pathetic" result on its own, but the other results just exacerbate the fact that we could have done with a win. When you consider that Wigan could still actually survive, we still have a fighting chance. You never know...

Just now, Phil T said:

A draw at Wolves isn't an "embarrassing" or "pathetic" result on its own, but the other results just exacerbate the fact that we could have done with a win. When you consider that Wigan could still actually survive, we still have a fighting chance. You never know...

Factor in the needing a win and not getting it against Wolves, Bristol City or Barnsley then it does get pretty embarrassing. Heck, even not giving Reading a hard time - who've had a few dodge results of late - shows an innate lack of desire as well as ability.  Blimey we're not struggling for wins against Chelsea, Barcelona and Juve is it? We've been against some very mediocre sides with not much to show for it.

Still have a sneaky feeling Brum will save us. But we're really supping in last chance saloon now.

Imagine if someone said to you back when sparky was our manager that we would be in league 1 in 2017,no way you would have believed them. 

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Imagine if someone said to you back when sparky was our manager that we would be in league 1 in 2017,no way you would have believed them. 

Or even if it had been said at any time pre-Venkys. Summer 2010, just finished 10th with Big Sam. Great mix of experience (Nelsen, Salgado, Givet etc) and good young players (Phil Jones, N'Zonzi, couple of others). 7 years later we'd be going down to League One? Anyone saying that would have been laughed out of town.

Then just a few months later we were bought by that lot and suddenly the future for Rovers became a frightening place. 

2 people like this

Just now, DanielMB said:

Will we even have 11 senior  players to put on the pitch in League 1?

Do we now?