BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Virtual Reality

• Backroom

As an aside, the next PS4 update includes support for 3D blu-rays on PSVR cinematic mode, which is pretty cool :) and also the ability to use external HDD's for storage, which is a welcome relief.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 0:55 PM, DE. said:

As an aside, the next PS4 update includes support for 3D blu-rays on PSVR cinematic mode, which is pretty cool :) and also the ability to use external HDD's for storage, which is a welcome relief.

That second thing is extremely welcome and well overdue.

• Backroom
On 2/11/2017 at 1:53 AM, Baz said:

That second thing is extremely welcome and well overdue.

Yeah, I've only got a 500GB HDD in my PS4 slim and was getting worried about filling it up. VR games in particular can take up a lot of space. This makes it much less of an issue.

In the meantime, I've got Titanic (I know, I know), Pacific Rim and Jurassic Park ready to watch in 3D when the next PS update is dropped B) The only slightly disappointing thing is that, apparently, Sony still aren't using the camera/tracking lights for cinema mode. That means the screen will continue to drift to the left and need to be reset, which is somewhat irritating. The VR version of the YouTube app now uses the camera/lights to keep the screen in position, so there's no excuse for Sony not to do the same. It's just laziness on their part.

Been playing resident evil on vr for a week or so now. Terrifying when you can hear the old mans footsteps and he crashes through the wall. Game gives me a migrain though. Its also hard work trying to stear your way down hallways using a normal controller. Love being able to peak around walls using your head.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Backroom

So, the Oculus Rift & Touch are now on offer in various places for £400 combined. it's a £200 saving off the RRP, which is pretty nice. Sadly I can't really justify how much I'd have to spend on a PC capable of using the Rift (around £1000) but a great deal for anybody who either already has a VR capable PC or can afford to buy one.

• Backroom

Ended up being tempted by a really good offer on a VR ready PC, so it looks like I'll be getting an Oculus after all. Who needs more than one meal a day anyway?  

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ended up being tempted by a really good offer on a VR ready PC, so it looks like I'll be getting an Oculus after all. Who needs more than one meal a day anyway?  

@#/? me, a 5 hour swing? And I thought I was wreckless with money!

• Backroom
30 minutes ago, J*B said:

@#/? me, a 5 hour swing? And I thought I was wreckless with money!

I'm terrible when it comes to this stuff. I really shouldn't have looked on eBay but I did, hopefully I can locate my new cardboard box home near an electrical outlet.

Archived