BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 Nations

We still haven't learnt have we ? We were cruising, only one team in it for 60 minutes. Wales were nowhere. Then we self destruct. Discipline and decision making went out the window again along with our defence at the end. We won OK but 3 tries to 1 down feels like a defeat. Another 5 minutes and we would have lost that game.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. Hideously expensive weekend with ticket/train best part of £170 plus booze on top but for all England pressed the panic button it went some way to righting the wrongs of September. Thought the atmosphere was good as well to say people were telling me beforehand it's poor at twickenham with 80,000 of the prawn sandwich brigade.

Itoje looks like the real deal very impressed by him. That ref Joubert (who shafted Scotland) not looking to making himself popular on these isles. I couldn't understand his decisions he sin binned Dan Cole presumably for collapsing the maul when usually the penalty is sufficient punishment. Then the Welsh player is found guilty of gouging which as well as overturning the penalty usually brings a minimum of a sin bin but likely a red and gets nothing. I may be being biased but it seems every ref England get in almost every game seems to want the oppo to win.

Alls well that ends well I suppose but now to end the 13 year wait for the grand slam.

We still haven't learnt have we ? We were cruising, only one team in it for 60 minutes. Wales were nowhere. Then we self destruct...

Agreed... But on the other hand this is a young squad in transition, with only 4 games under the new boss. We have won every game so far, have the best attack, best defence and we've just become the first team to win the 6 nations with a game to spare.

Clearly lots to work on before we worry NZ, but if we can do all the above at this stage and have an understanding about where we need to improve, then I can't help but feel confident for the future.

On another topic - what's gone wrong with the scrums in Union ? Every second scrum is a mystery penalty. The Union guys used to laugh at Rugby League scrums but at least they're not a shambles.

In the old days the ball went in straight, the hookers struck, the ball moved swiftly out to the back of the scrum and away you went. That very rarely happens now. All the teams seem to feed their own hooker and nothing happens.

A selection of comments from Wales Online who as usual had gone into overdrive prior to and after the match, wonder how many of the 100s commenting and complaining will turn out to watch the pro12............

We won that game. It was just our last try was disallowed by the ref. Rugby should bring in an option like Tennis, where they can ask for the TMO to review a decision. If that was the case, Wales would of won, with an historic comeback.

mike brown..what a tosser,thats why we hate the english so much

Just sour we kicked them out of their own world cup and when was the last time they took home 6 nations oh yes 2003 we a small country but we have a big heart im proud to be welsh

Always nice to read the Welsh reaction to being beaten by the English... blame who you want people, the ref, the linesman, Mike Brown et al you lost fair and square. I notice though, there has been no mention of Warren Gatland's comments about his Welsh side... strange don't you think? In September you beat us, no doubt you were the better side on the day. You lost last night, accept it and move on ffs.

Mike brown is a typical arrogant English git, I'd love to wipe that smug grin off his face, it was better when he was nearly crying after World Cup , but they are all so arrogant !!!!!!

As for the scrums I think they would be better letting them collapse if the ball is on the move and play on

Edited by PeteJD13

They need to speed up both the setting up of a scrum - seems to be an attitude, of ok its a scrum, let's all have a break, drink, quick massage then begin to get together. As for the number of penalties, if you have a 50 % chance of getting a few points (or greater if the ref has taken a dislike to one particular players technique), or a yellow card for the opposition, then why bother trying for a try? As above, let them lie down, they'll soon stop.

They also need to reduce the minute allowed to take a kick at goal (should be 30 seconds max).

Also reduce the points for penalties kicked outside of 30m, to 2, so it encourages more attacking play.

Other than that, well done England, lets hope we follow up the win with the slam.

A selection of comments from Wales Online who as usual had gone into overdrive prior to and after the match, wonder how many of the 100s commenting and complaining will turn out to watch the pro12............

We won that game. It was just our last try was disallowed by the ref. Rugby should bring in an option like Tennis, where they can ask for the TMO to review a decision. If that was the case, Wales would of won, with an historic comeback.

mike brown..what a tosser,thats why we hate the english so much

Just sour we kicked them out of their own world cup and when was the last time they took home 6 nations oh yes 2003 we a small country but we have a big heart im proud to be welsh

Always nice to read the Welsh reaction to being beaten by the English... blame who you want people, the ref, the linesman, Mike Brown et al you lost fair and square. I notice though, there has been no mention of Warren Gatland's comments about his Welsh side... strange don't you think? In September you beat us, no doubt you were the better side on the day. You lost last night, accept it and move on ffs.

Mike brown is a typical arrogant English git, I'd love to wipe that smug grin off his face, it was better when he was nearly crying after World Cup , but they are all so arrogant !!!!!!

As for the scrums I think they would be better letting them collapse if the ball is on the move and play on

Don't you know you never beat Wales, you just score more points than them.

Don't you know you never beat Wales, you just score more points than them.

yes very true, the welsh defeats are always heroic! the local rag was still banging on about it last night. I was glad to move back up north last year I love Cardiff as a city but 5 years of daffodil hats, plastic fans, @#/? up valleys roid boys descending on Cardiff en masse every match day, with anti English narrative in the press was really irritating!.

Had a terrible feeling that we were going to get penaltied out of the Grand Slam right at the death. But we stayed strong and in the end The French just ran out of steam.

First time since that glorious World Cup winning year! Swinngggggggg Looooooowwwwwwwwwww!

• 7 months later...

Rather than start a topic " Autumn Series " I've tagged this onto 6 Nations . Another win for Eddie Jones's England , comprehensively beating an " average" South Africa. That's 10 in a row . The more I hear and read about him and watch his team perform , the more my respect increases for this guy . An England missing a couple of key players , looked pretty formidable after they got the rash of early penalties out of their system. It bodes well for a second grand slam on the trot . The Ireland v England game is already looking like a game of gargantuan proportions.

The next England football manager to be an Aussie ? I wonder if they could get Jones and Bayliss to do it part time !

Edited by onlyonetugay

The Eddie Jones bandwagon keeps rolling.. He offered the opinion that George Ford " can be better than Beauden Barratt ( the All Blacks fly half) No doubt about it " He then went onto to say " People rave about Beauden but I don't "

I just love Eddie's attitude - 11 on the spin now . Come on England !

The All Blacks ? Cynical and the experts in the dark arts as well as high tackles. Ferocious and brutal game , made great viewing. . Like I said, the England v Ireland game in Dublin next March is going to be epic.

Edited by onlyonetugay

The Eddie Jones bandwagon keeps rolling.. He offered the opinion that George Ford " can be better than Beauden Barratt ( the All Blacks fly half) No doubt about it " He then went onto to say " People rave about Beauden but I don't "

I just love Eddie's attitude - 11 on the spin now . Come on England !

The All Blacks ? Cynical and the experts in the dark arts as well as high tackles. Ferocious and brutal game , made great viewing. . Like I said, the England v Ireland game in Dublin next March is going to be epic.

Watched the ireland - all blacks games - both tremendous contests. The All Blacks seem to get away with things - forward passes for tries, a second high tackle whilst one guy is still serving a yellow card, giving penalties away on their own line and only conceding 3 points, where other teams may pick up yellows, but they are ferocious in the tackle, and pretty much all of them are lightening quick.

Ireland badly missed Sextons kicking in Dublin.

To be fair after the WC I thought they'd go through a big rebuilding process, but they've really kicked on and must be favourites for the 6 nations. I don't understand why England played Fiji - very little to be gained from it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, JAL said:

England a scrappy win but credit to the manager for taking off his captain and his normally outstanding number 9, nobody has a safe place if you ain't doing it under this manager.

I'd love to see him at Ewood even if it was only for a week or two. I was reading an article about him the other day, he's always watching coaching in other sports. He was glowing in his comments about how hard Pep works his players in training. He had good words to say about cyclist's fitness also.