BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Site Ownership

my money would be on a mighty conglomerate of tom m/mellison/k-hod

just out of curiosity what Kind of money would a site like the go for?

Speaking of price might have been a good idea if one was actually advertised...or at least the running costs. Not sure if Glenn and Ste B are attempting to "sell" appears more like handing over the site/costs.

Rumour whoever you like, you won't find out until it's done.

Rumourn of it being Sergei are as yet unfounded ;)

Why all the secrecy? It's hardly a national crisis is it?

• Backroom

Because the person taking over doesn't deserve the hassle they'll no doubt get before they're even involved.

Why the desperation to know? It's hardly a national crisis is it? ;)

But in all seriousness, I suspect it's the best person who could reasonably be expected to.

Because the person taking over doesn't deserve the hassle they'll no doubt get before they're even involved.

But in all seriousness, I suspect it's the best person who could reasonably be expected to.

OK I'll accept that.

Yes but by allowing rumors to be spread (like my Grabko suggestion as its been noted he's on holiday) and not denying it suggests it may well be that person.

• Backroom

Yes but by allowing rumors to be spread (like my Grabko suggestion as its been noted he's on holiday) and not denying it suggests it may well be that person.

By denying things, you'd be one person closer to the actual potential buyer (who doesn't want hassle). So you can think it's whoever you like.

As far as I'm aware the only ones I've seen mentioned are sergei (a joke by me) and Grabko (a 'rumour' that I've only seen you refer to).

a) Its not really anything to do with you, its confidential between us and our preferred bidder.

B) The person/persons may not takeover after due diligence.

While I totally respect your right to conduct whatever deal you want, it's shame that we weren't informed that the site was up for sale.

Perhaps some of us might have been interested in taking over?

FYI... My reign would have been awesome.

a) Its not really anything to do with you, its confidential between us and our preferred bidder.

B) The person/persons may not takeover after due diligence.

I think you will find that I have already accepted Mike's explanation.

• 1 year later...

Well, we it didn't change hands. We came close a few times, but you're stuck with us for now!

BTW @Ricky you were right. Half a dozen leave (of their own volition, I believe only 1 was banned and that was successfully appealed before I came back) and the number of active posters has gone up considerably, and that's without getting the message out yet that to a lot of the former posters how things have changed and they may enjoy coming back! 

Archived