BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The WAR group should try to get a PA system to get the attention of boycotters in order to ensure the Remembrance Day silence is followed. It's important. Every single year one team is caught out through fans singing in the concourse and on tele it's made to look as if they aren't respecting the silence.

Probably a pointless waste of time, but I am going to mail a letter to the FA asking how they justify what Venkys has done to Rovers. Extremely unlikely that any sort of response will be made, but I want to write the letter nonetheless.

For what it's worth, they did reply to me.

Told me "sorry this is not the response you were hoping for" but "with regard to the owners of Blackburn Rovers FC, they will have undertaken the Owners’ and Directors’ Test which applies to all clubs in the Premier League and English Football League (and leagues below). The purpose of the Test is for the owners, directors and officers of clubs in those leagues to meet standards greater than that required under law so as to protect the reputation and image of the game."

More or less there seems to be at least an understanding on the F.A.'s part that Venkys might have passed this test based on some technicality, but clearly the best interests of Rovers were not represented. One would hope this would lead them to change the damn rules then...but even if/when they do, it's too late to help us.

Told me "sorry this is not the response you were hoping for" but "with regard to the owners of Blackburn Rovers FC, they will have undertaken the Owners’ and Directors’ Test which applies to all clubs in the Premier League and English Football League (and leagues below). The purpose of the Test is for the owners, directors and officers of clubs in those leagues to meet standards greater than that required under law so as to protect the reputation and image of the game."

More or less there seems to be at least an understanding on the F.A.'s part that Venkys might have passed this test based on some technicality, but clearly the best interests of Rovers were not represented. One would hope this would lead them to change the damn rules then...but even if/when they do, it's too late to help us.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/fa-chairman-greg-clarke-football-12036396

I believe this is the answer you are looking for.

The question is, following the Wolves game, do we go again at Brentford, and again at Huddersfield, Brighton, Reading and Newcastle?

Or do we stop.

If we go every game, we do something unique every game and ideas are needed. If you have an idea and you don't want to post it on here, P.M it to me, and we'll go for the long haul. Numbers will build, but we must target those who no longer go games and try and get them involved somehow.

One persons idea could be a great idea, when coordinated among us all.

I'm ready to play the long game, the question is are we?

The question is, following the Wolves game, do we go again at Brentford, and again at Huddersfield, Brighton, Reading and Newcastle?

Or do we stop.

If we go every game, we do something unique every game and ideas are needed. If you have an idea and you don't want to post it on here, P.M it to me, and we'll go for the long haul. Numbers will build, but we must target those who no longer go games and try and get them involved somehow.

I'm in for the long haul

Think there is a good chance of any protest growing organically, lets face it its a strong possibility that in 18 months the excuse of we have been here before will not exist, something for the V's to add to the list of destruction, lowest ever league finish.

I argued for a guerrilla campaign anyway!

We need the young guys involved and another Ewood WMC meeting around Brentford match.

Email me from Ewood WMC(you have my email). Lets keep the distracted police and Rovers Admin guessing.

I set off from Turkey in 30 hours for Wolves protest.

If the stories about the blocking of the mural, and warnings about leafleting are correct, then it shows that people at the club are concerned.

This should never have been held back as far as the Wolves game. It has to continue in some form at every game.

If the stories about the blocking of the mural, and warnings about leafleting are correct, then it shows that people at the club are concerned.

This should never have been held back as far as the Wolves game. It has to continue in some form at every game.

It shows again the people in charge of the club have no love for it and no interest in turning it around as they are just self serving parasites. This needs highlighting to the press and TV channels.

Or do we stop.

Protests will only have a major impact if all groups are united, I think that's the most important thing to address first.

If Birdys on board then Ewood Blues are, so that's BRAG and EB to start off with.

Get the rest on board, push the Trust for involvement or explain why not.

I know it sounds simple but that's where I'd start, unity.

Put it this way: Is there anything Venkys could do that would make you want them to stay as owners?

Not a chance.

They must go, end of story, and I would say 99.9% of those protesting on Saturday feel the same way.

With this in mind, with there being no way back for Venkys, the protests have to run and run. There can be no backing down if they (in a highly unlikely scenario) sack Coyle and bring in a decent manager, or Pasha meets the fans and assures us that things are going to change for the better.

No.

No more talk. No more false promises. No more spin. No more lies.

We are pitted against them now and any easing off will look like weakness.

Mark, I know I've mentioned this a couple of times but, the key to getting everyone on side, is simply to let them know what has happened over the last six years.

I haven't seen any of the leaflets that were recently given out prior to games. I would suspect they contained more or less bullet points.

The best information to date has been within Glen's blog. It's all there in black and white and in chronological order. I have printed off some of the info to give to friends who were completely unaware of things like Kentaro/SEM, Kean's contract, BRAG people being threatened and so on.

I think a good idea would be to turn the blog into a one off magazine and distributed prior to games, at games, in pubs and say at a number of local corner shops in town to get the message across.

Pieces in local newspapers like that of BEB are giving the main body of Rovers fans the wrong impression as to why the current actions under the WAR umbrella are taking place. This main body of support has no idea what has gone on. Once they do, I feel everyone will be 'singing from the same hymn sheet' and then any protesting can be taken forward by all. The fans will be united instead of splintered.

Obviously, I'm assuming Glen will be happy at this bearing in mind his blog has been in the current domain for some time.

Mark, I know I've mentioned this a couple of times but, the key to getting everyone on side, is simply to let them know what has happened over the last six years.

I haven't seen any of the leaflets that were recently given out prior to games. I would suspect they contained more or less bullet points.

The best information to date has been within Glen's blog. It's all there in black and white and in chronological order. I have printed off some of the info to give to friends who were completely unaware of things like Kentaro/SEM, Kean's contract, BRAG people being threatened and so on.

I think a good idea would be to turn the blog into a one off magazine and distributed prior to games, at games, in pubs and say at a number of local corner shops in town to get the message across.

Pieces in local newspapers like that of BEB are giving the main body of Rovers fans the wrong impression as to why the current actions under the WAR umbrella are taking place. This main body of support has no idea what has gone on. Once they do, I feel everyone will be 'singing from the same hymn sheet' and then any protesting can be taken forward by all. The fans will be united instead of splintered.

Obviously, I'm assuming Glen will be happy at this bearing in mind his blog has been in the current domain for some time.

magazine is a good idea.... as there is a lot to print.

Put it this way: Is there anything Venkys could do that would make you want them to stay as owners?

Not a chance.

They must go, end of story, and I would say 99.9% of those protesting on Saturday feel the same way.

With this in mind, with there being no way back for Venkys, the protests have to run and run. There can be no backing down if they (in a highly unlikely scenario) sack Coyle and bring in a decent manager, or Pasha meets the fans and assures us that things are going to change for the better.

No.

No more talk. No more false promises. No more spin. No more lies.

We are pitted against them now and any easing off will look like weakness.

100%. Anything else is denial. OUT!

However, we do have a significant barrier in that there is more than a residue of normalcy bias/Stockholm syndrome/rule of optimism etc- a psychological, emotional refusal to accept the fact that Venky's et al will merely continue to deliver significant harm to BRFC..

Only the other day, I was speaking with a long term supporter, who was obviously intelligent and articulate.

His line was " It shouldn't be Venky's Out, but get Venky's to change.they've been duped and are trying to put it right."

The answer...Think of these people as "hard to reach" LOL....communication and leadership required...even through our own anger and frustration...

Absolutely blind those people are and you need to ask just what makes them think that when everything happening in front of their eyes contradicts it. No effort whatsover to run the club correctly just more of an effort to do it their way which is proven to failure.

Why ? Because they want it that way and are happy to be portrayed as idiots as it's great cover whilst they and their partners dismantle everything and leave just a shell.

Anti protesters for whatever reason = Fair enough each to their own.

Pro Venkys or believers it'll come right = I'm sorry but deluded idiots !

Absolutely blind those people are and you need to ask just what makes them think that when everything happening in front of their eyes contradicts it. No effort whatsover to run the club correctly just more of an effort to do it their way which is proven to failure.

Why ? Because they want it that way and are happy to be portrayed as idiots as it's great cover whilst they and their partners dismantle everything and leave just a shell.

Anti protesters for whatever reason = Fair enough each to their own.

Pro Venkys or believers it'll come right = I'm sorry but deluded idiots !

You don't have to be "pro Venkys" to believe that "Venkys out" is the wrong message.

I know plenty of articulate, experienced and intelligent fans who couldn't possibly get behind that message, as it completely ignores the solution.

Finding a good new owner or way of ownership is the way to uniting those fans, aka a solution to our demise. Venkys out could mean more "venkystyle owners" in or even worse, a similar scenario to Bolton where we sell our academy, training facilities and ground to lease it back! Those who say that would be worth it to get rid are cutting off their own nose to spite the face! The academy in particular is our advantage and gift from Jack.

I would count myself as a fan who finds it hard to rally behind this message, and I can safely say that calling me or them all deluded is the way to separation, division and just basic argument.

Whistles

Objects on the pitch

Game disruption

Those who go can boycott the bars.

Don't buy any food or drinks. Get them outside ground instead.

This is what should be happening against Wolves. Get people to bring a tennis ball, write Venkys Out on it and chuck it on the pitch as a prearranged time - clearly visible (assuming enough people do it), in front of the cameras and disrupts the game. The 1875 thing sounds great in principle but the cameras are focussed on the pitch not off it when there's a live game on - and given the tiny crowds we get is anyone going to notice 200 people walking out? They'd notice 200 tennis balls on the pitch for certain.

Charlton did it right and got loads of national media attention: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/15/charlton-coventry-pigs-owner-protest-valley

Actually, maybe we need rubber chickens? :huh:

• Backroom

You don't have to be "pro Venkys" to believe that "Venkys out" is the wrong message.

I know plenty of articulate, experienced and intelligent fans who couldn't possibly get behind that message, as it completely ignores the solution.

Finding a good new owner or way of ownership is the way to uniting those fans, aka a solution to our demise. Venkys out could mean more "venkystyle owners" in or even worse, a similar scenario to Bolton where we sell our academy, training facilities and ground to lease it back! Those who say that would be worth it to get rid are cutting off their own nose to spite the face! The academy in particular is our advantage and gift from Jack.

I would count myself as a fan who finds it hard to rally behind this message, and I can safely say that calling me or them all deluded is the way to separation, division and just basic argument.

My view is that forcing the club into administration may be the only way to get Seneca (the only ones to put forward a legitimate plan for us with fan involvement) or anyone else on board.

Though even if the next owners (if we're lucky to not get wound up) are almost as bad as Venkys, it's better than as bad as.

They literally started something better by appointing Lambert with Irvine and Kelly. Just give that set-up £5m (instead of paying them off) and the recovery would start. Hell, they could've given it to Warnock!

It isn't 'just poor advice', it is consistently getting EVERY decision wrong, bar 2 (Bowyer's appt and Lambert's appt), and rewarding only those who to their line while punishing those who want better.

This is what should be happening against Wolves. Get people to bring a tennis ball, write Venkys Out on it and chuck it on the pitch as a prearranged time - clearly visible (assuming enough people do it), in front of the cameras and disrupts the game. The 1875 thing sounds great in principle but the cameras are focussed on the pitch not off it when there's a live game on - and given the tiny crowds we get is anyone going to notice 200 people walking out? They'd notice 200 tennis balls on the pitch for certain.

Charlton did it right and got loads of national media attention: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/15/charlton-coventry-pigs-owner-protest-valley

Actually, maybe we need rubber chickens? :huh:

I agree, something more visible is needed next time. There is already a rubber chicken thread though...

It shouldn't be too hard to organise. A pot needs to be set up to fund it (99p each on eBay) and they could be given out at a set location e.g fox and hounds before the match. Unleash chicken hell from the bburn/Darwen end!

Archived