BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures 2016-17

Looking forward to the run of away games I'm hoping to get to Newcastle, villa and Preston. Bit miffed that they're all so close together though, as I probably won't go to many other away games (maybe Wigan in August)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very difficult to choose a match to see this Autumn. As I am bringing my New girlfriend and she is an United supporter she wants to go to Old Trafford as well. I cant find weekends where we are able to see both Rovers and United

Ditch her .. it will never last ... lol

Wigan because its local and we should take up our allocation , Newcastle because i've not been since mid 80's when Garner handled the ball in , Burton because its a new ground for me and Forest because it falls near the boy's birthday are the away games that i will go to this year

What makes you think they will cancel it. Has itbeen done before

Cancelled. I'm psychic. Can I claim 'ITK' status now?

I can't imagine two teams playing competitively together ever really arrange friendlies especially so close together i.e. how often do you see other teams play each other from the same division? I know you do in the "PL Trophy" but they're the exception really.

Its like waiting for a bus, I've waited almost 20 years to see Rovers play here and then now its going to be twice in 2 weeks (maybe). Looking forward to being able to walk to watch Rovers for once.

[unlucky,friendly called off./quote]

I bow to your superior wisdom. I salute u sir. So why your on a roll will they re arrange with another team or scrap it.

The visions of the future are clouded at this time. [emoji6]

Ditch her .. it will never last ... lol

Wigan because its local and we should take up our allocation , Newcastle because i've not been since mid 80's when Garner handled the ball in , Burton because its a new ground for me and Forest because it falls near the boy's birthday are the away games that i will go to this year

The question is. When is monday and sunday matches in EPL decided?

What of the Places you have mentioned are Close to Manchester ?

I have been to a few away matches With Rovers and it is always a good time. Wigan was actually one of them. Gave them a 3-0 beating on New years eve.

• Moderation Lead

I see that Leeds, Newcastle and Villa are all live on Sky on the opening weekend.

Might as well get used to that, Sky will be extending their hard on for the Geordies and Villa that they already have for Leeds.

Don't know whether anyone else has already looked into the fixtures and possible movements to other dates/times.

As it stands out of the 23 home league games, there are 5 that are scheduled to take place in midweek.

Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Brighton, Leeds and Cardiff.

Going off the behaviour of the club and police in the last few seasons, I think it is quite safe to add to that Preston, Newcastle and possibly Aston Villa (they turn up at the end of April, so if they are in contention at stage or have been promoted they could bring a sell-out following. Preston will be moved from 3pm to 12pm kick off, as will Newcastle if they bring a large following.

The club will go out of their way to maximise away crowds at Ewood. So as it stands I guess that at least 8 home games will either be mid-week or lunchtime kick offs, and that's before we even get round to Sky Sports' involvement. They are quite capable of shifting another 2-3 home games next season to early or late kick offs.

I've got reservations about signing up for a 23 game season ticket package if the club are refusing to warn buyers about the large number of games that won't take place at the traditional time. I don't want or enjoy dinner time or midweek games. No doubt the club will ignore the issue and then bemoan matters beyond their control when loads of games get moved down the line.

Might as well get used to that, Sky will be extending their hard on for the Geordies and Villa that they already have for Leeds.

That's what I expected and why I'm hesitant to book for the Villa game in November.

Not sure when the rest will be announced by if I remember correctly then they only release live fixtures up until early October at first.

I'm planning on visiting Blackburn in October when we play Ipswich on the Saturday and then Forrest on the Tuesday. Any idea how likely it is that these fixtures will remain as they are ?

Midweek games don't change (and aren't shown live) and highly unlikely Rovers V Ipswich is chosen for TV.

I believe it is to do with the fact we insist on giving them 7000 tickets. The police won't let us give more than 5000 without an early KO.

That should be challenged then, as it didn't used to be the case.

Or at the very least the club should make an official statement, so people are informed when buying ST's

No argument there, also in the PL days, when Man You etc came to town there would be 20000+ home fans to police too.

Though I suppose, without Boro or Burnley, plus being away on the final day, plus Leeds falling midweek we've got quite lucky with early KOs .

I think anyone who'll bring more than 3k it will get shifted to early KOs not accounting for TV. DE'ers prob get shunted as well. Wigan could be a candidate.

Roll over for the away fans cash at Ewood.

Archived