BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixtures 2016-17

There is a document being shared on Facebook pertaining to be the championship fixture list for next season. I didn't realise they would be out so soon. Although I also question the veracity of the document.

Anyway if it is genuine we are at home to Bristol city on august 6th. Newcastle away on Boxing Day.

It won't let me copy and paste the link. Perhaps somebody else may be able to do it. If it is a hoax don't shoot the messenger!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a document being shared on Facebook pertaining to be the championship fixture list for next season. I didn't realise they would be out so soon. Although I also question the veracity of the document.

Anyway if it is genuine we are at home to Bristol city on august 6th. Newcastle away on Boxing Day.

It won't let me copy and paste the link. Perhaps somebody else may be able to do it. If it is a hoax don't shoot the messenger!

Hope Newcastle away on boxing day is true!

Interesting. I'd be gutted if Newcastle away is Boxing Day my personal favourite away day bar none and wouldn't be able to go

Hoping for the Newcastle away to be our 1st away game and the 2nd league game of the season.

Hopefully a hot sunny August day

I would love it. Could stay with my son in gateshead. But then id probably not go anyway unless things change. A boycott should really include away games too.

Why should it include away games? I think it would be great if less than 2,000 turned up at Ewood, only to take 8,000 to Wigan the following week!

Why should it include away games? I think it would be great if less than 2,000 turned up at Ewood, only to take 8,000 to Wigan the following week!

I understand your thinking but for me, a boycott would have to be total. I'd feel a hypocrite cheering the team on away one week and then not watching them at home the next. It would be weird.

Every single year people think they have found the fixtures early and every single year it's wrong.

Indeed - and less everybody forgets there is always at least one fixture list 'draft' before the official one

As above but confirmed by the football league

We can confirm the 'fixture list' published online at the weekend is a hoax

At this stage we are still about 10 days away from being able to review a first draft of the 2016/17 fixture list

It's worth noting a number of the fixtures in the hoax list would not be permitted on those dates for operational & policing reasons

I understand your thinking but for me, a boycott would have to be total. I'd feel a hypocrite cheering the team on away one week and then not watching them at home the next. It would be weird.

Not wanting to derail the thread but it depends why you're boycotting, its an individual choice really.

If you're boycotting to protest just against Venkys then surely not going to home games would suffice, I agree with LV on the Wigan away scenario. Its bums on seats at Ewood that counts to them, money in the pocket, so whilst ticket money for away games does in some small way got to the home team as well, you're not really showing any form of support to the owners.

The Coyle appointment absolutely smacks of unsavory goings on to me, if you're sick to death of the whole saga, managers, agents and owners it has to be a full boycott. How can you support the team but not support the manager? hard work this boycotting lark :wacko:

Thats my take on things anyway gumboots.

One thing I've been taught off Blackpool fans if your not giving money to venkys only go through cash only turnstiles at away games .. Tickets a certain percentage will go to the venkyscum

I mentioned that on here recently. Rovers will take a percentage of every away ticket sold as commission.

One thing I've been taught off Blackpool fans if your not giving money to venkys only go through cash only turnstiles at away games .. Tickets a certain percentage will go to the venkyscum

That would be difficult as very few grounds have cash turnstiles. Virtually all away games are ticket only with just the odd one allowing you to buy a ticket on the day.

Not wanting to derail the thread but it depends why you're boycotting, its an individual choice really.

If you're boycotting to protest just against Venkys then surely not going to home games would suffice, I agree with LV on the Wigan away scenario. Its bums on seats at Ewood that counts to them, money in the pocket, so whilst ticket money for away games does in some small way got to the home team as well, you're not really showing any form of support to the owners.

The Coyle appointment absolutely smacks of unsavory goings on to me, if you're sick to death of the whole saga, managers, agents and owners it has to be a full boycott. How can you support the team but not support the manager? hard work this boycotting lark :wacko:

Thats my take on things anyway gumboots.

Not saying that if you go to away games youre a hypocrite but for me, id feel hypocritical. It has to be an all or nothing.

Its bums on seats at Ewood that counts to them, money in the pocket, so whilst ticket money for away games does in some small way got to the home team as well, you're not really showing any form of support to the owners.

Does it? I mean if they really did care about the fans at Ewood wouldnt they make more effort to advertise and sell tickets? Or have potentially acted after losing 5k season ticket holders in one summer?

I appreciate (like you did) that it's off topic but I'm still searching for this evidence that proves our scenario is fixable by boycott.

I appreciate (like you did) that it's off topic but I'm still searching for this evidence that proves our scenario is fixable by boycott.

How will we know unless it happens?

An empty stadium would generate a lot of negative publicity for those running the club and could not be swept under the carpet as easily as a few hundred protesters or gradually dwindling crowds.

Won't happen, though.

An empty stadium would generate a lot of negative publicity for those running the club and could not be swept under the carpet as easily as a few hundred protesters or gradually dwindling crowds.

Won't happen, though.

You watch on TV right ? same as me. The stadium is already a pale shadow re attendance of how it was. The Vs do NOT care if NOBODY turns up. They are well into the process.

Won't happen, though.

Publicity? Isn't openly running the business enough for bad publicity? We're forgetting who we'd be up against on the front. I respect the point about you don't know if you don't try but publicity isn't something that's changed their mindset.

You watch on TV right ? same as me. The stadium is already a pale shadow re attendance of how it was. The Vs do NOT care if NOBODY turns up. They are well into the process.

I'm talking the kind of attendance you'd see in a youth cup game. That can't be covered up by cramming everyone into the JW stand.

Publicity? Isn't openly running the business enough for bad publicity? We're forgetting who we'd be up against on the front. I respect the point about you don't know if you don't try but publicity isn't something that's changed their mindset.

It would send a message to the owners and the rest of the footballing world that the vast majority of Rovers supporters won't tolerate this @#/? any longer. An empty stadium would have a major impact on sponsorship and TV deals, thus placing pressure on our absentee owners.

Archived