SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Neither. But we look like we can't even pay compo for a 18 year old in the academy.

Doyle with first team so Williams would get games u21/u18 level right?

I think Doyle will be the back up left back next season. Should have been this season. Hendrie is a very poor player

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Neither. But we look like we can't even pay compo for a 18 year old in the academy.

Doyle with first team so Williams would get games u21/u18 level right?

Ben Williams has been on loan at Fleetwood and last I heard he was hoping to join them in the summer.  I believe that the lad is surplus to requirements at Ewood and hasn't been the Under-18 left back this season.  I think he had a spell on loan with Morecambe earlier in the season.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Ben Williams has been on loan at Fleetwood and last I heard he was hoping to join them in the summer.  I believe that the lad is surplus to requirements at Ewood and hasn't been the Under-18 left back this season.  I think he had a spell on loan with Morecambe earlier in the season.

Is he any good ParsonBlue from what you have seen?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Is he any good ParsonBlue from what you have seen?

Not seen that much of him to be honest as he hasn't played much at Under-18 level.  Lewis Thompson has the number 3 shirt at that level and with Doyle and Askew ahead of him he really does need to move if he is to progress.

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Conner is signing in the next 24hrs (now that ST's are going on sale) this one will run and run ...... until he goes after phase 3 :o

I think it's pretty clear it'a a money issue with Mahoney. Mowbray has dropped enough hints, and included the word 'agent' when dropping those hints. Which leads me to think that Connor has been told he can get more money elsewhere but it won't be somewhere he's guaranteed any 1st team action for a while.

If true, he should sack his agent and sign on here, develop his game, start to fulfil his potential and then go on to bigger and better things in a couple of years.

Sadly it looks like he's going to leave.

His dad came on here once when Connor wasn't getting picked, be interesting to hear what he thinks of his son's progress under Mowbray.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Worrying about transfers is absolutely pointless until the end of the season. Sole focus needs to be on survival as it's looking a 50-50 bet right now.

Aye, we could do with knowing what list we shopping on. 

Seniors A list - League 1 players

Seniors B list - League 2 players

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Akpan linked with MLS

Mahoney rejected 3k a week deal. Isnt that what he was after at the start. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3233374/swansea-city-boss-paul-clement-eyeing-up-a-summer-swoop-for-psv-star-santiago-arias/

Well if he wanted that at the start we should have given it to him at the start shouldn't we?

1) he'd be our player now at a not unreasonable wage

2) he wouldn't be considering better offers.

Will Venkys ever learn?  No.

I'd imagine he's also holding off to make sure we are not relegated too. 

If he has offers from other championship sides, vs an offer from a league one side, you can understand that decision.

From Mahoney side, there's no upside from signing a new contract at this moment in time.

That's Duffy, Marshall and Mahoney the club has allowed to run down their contracts in the last 12 months. 

Mahoney will get loads of time from the fans to develop his game as he came through the ranks, Lowe had what? 100 appearances until people would admit he's crap. If Mahoney leaves he's just another player, he isn't just another player here.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Mahoney will get loads of time from the fans to develop his game as he came through the ranks, Lowe had what? 100 appearances until people would admit he's crap. If Mahoney leaves he's just another player, he isn't just another player here.

Not sure what you mean here but if Mahoney goes on to be a success with another club, that's yet another reason Venkys should rot in Hell. 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Not sure what you mean here but if Mahoney goes on to be a success with another club, that's yet another reason Venkys should rot in Hell. 

I mean he'll get loads of time to play/develop without the fans getting on his back, which he wouldn't get at another club.

Just now, Craigman said:

Doesn't Akpan's contract run out this year?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hope-akpan/profil/spieler/61559

Yes, according to this ^

Nixon has issues with Rovers. He'll spin anything as being anti-Rovers.  Bottom line is Akpan is a squad player, and not a particularly good one. No great loss. Mulgrew showed you can do a lot better on a free than Akpan. 

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Another reason?

Even Satan is bored with amount of torture he needs to dish out to these bar stewards.

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think it's pretty clear it'a a money issue with Mahoney. Mowbray has dropped enough hints, and included the word 'agent' when dropping those hints. Which leads me to think that Connor has been told he can get more money elsewhere but it won't be somewhere he's guaranteed any 1st team action for a while.

If true, he should sack his agent and sign on here, develop his game, start to fulfil his potential and then go on to bigger and better things in a couple of years.

Sadly it looks like he's going to leave.

His dad came on here once when Connor wasn't getting picked, be interesting to hear what he thinks of his son's progress under Mowbray.

If as per rumours he can get more money at somewhere like Barnsley then that's very poor but maybe it's just his parasite advisors playing the bull card in order to get him more from Rovers. I'm not a fan of throwing good money and long term contracts to raw youngsters even when you've got it to waste, didn't do Hanley any favours.

Is Conner worth a 5k pwk five year deal to tie him down right now ?  Not sure but if they are asking for more they want to wind it in and get real. Then again if our lot are only offering 2.5k it won't be difficult to better that so Rovers need to get real, surely a deal on an upward sliding scale would be the way to go although he and his dad will have seen how Rovers treat players who's contract clauses are about to kick in.

It's a case of reap what you sow again time for Venkys possibly losing an asset who could be worth 3 mill this time next year over a few quid when they are paying wasters like Brown and Stokes thousands courtesy of the clown they previously installed. Oh as well as pouring money into faltering British chicken ventures under another name.

Conner wants to be careful he doesn't end up at Rochdale on a grand per week though !

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

If as per rumours he can get more money at somewhere like Barnsley then that's very poor but maybe it's just his parasite advisors playing the bull card in order to get him more from Rovers. I'm not a fan of throwing good money and long term contracts to raw youngsters even when you've got it to waste, didn't do Hanley any favours.

Is Conner worth a 5k pwk five year deal to tie him down right now ?  Not sure but if they are asking for more they want to wind it in and get real. Then again if our lot are only offering 2.5k it won't be difficult to better that so Rovers need to get real, surely a deal on an upward sliding scale would be the way to go although he and his dad will have seen how Rovers treat players who's contract clauses are about to kick in.

It's a case of reap what you sow again time for Venkys possibly losing an asset who could be worth 3 mill this time next year over a few quid when they are paying wasters like Brown and Stokes thousands courtesy of the clown they previously installed. Oh as well as pouring money into faltering British chicken ventures under another name.

Conner wants to be careful he doesn't end up at Rochdale on a grand per week though !

Off to Burnley allegedly. He played for both academies. 

8 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Off to Burnley allegedly. He played for both academies. 

Off to Burnley where he wont play and doesnt fit Dyche's style. The 12 million pounds record signing Robbie Brady or 7 mil pounds signing Steven Defour cant get in the side. So what hope for Mahoney? Back to playing under 23's football for a couple of years. What a waste of talent. If he goes there then it just for the money not for his career. 

He needs to be playing regular football and that should be here under Mowbray who will play young players and a track record of doing so. Dyche doesnt and never has. Simple as

If Mahoney leaves then the ST sales will plummet.

I can see the Club trying to spin this out on the hope it does not impact on their mortgage payments.

We really are the pits. Our only hope is that ToMo can get an extra 10% from our players and those around us f**k up.

As for transfers they will only be one way.

Chaddy should get a new pair of boots.....he will probably get a game next season.  What about Chaddy as goalie or even captain;-)

• Moderation Lead
52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Off to Burnley where he wont play and doesnt fit Dyche's style. The 12 million pounds record signing Robbie Brady or 7 mil pounds signing Steven Defour cant get in the side. So what hope for Mahoney? Back to playing under 23's football for a couple of years. What a waste of talent. If he goes there then it just for the money not for his career. 

He needs to be playing regular football and that should be here under Mowbray who will play young players and a track record of doing so. Dyche doesnt and never has. Simple as

Even if that were the case, he's got a track record of winning games and getting promoted, so there is that......

HAHA. I thought Connor was a massive Rovers fan? If thats the case no way in hell is he going to Burnley. The thing about Mahoney is that we can all see he has alot of potential, but he is still A LONG way from being the finished article. He needs game time and right now his level is the Championship. If he is sensible he renews with us now and has a relegation clause inserted.

Archived