BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Wish I had a quid for everyone who is assuming we'll go down then bounce straight back up after a season of rebuilding. That's the ideal they'll try and sell but the reality will probably be a whole lot different.

They've done it once and 9000 still 'pay' them even now

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, gumboots said:

Me? Im expecting relegation to league 2. I find its better for my blood pressure to have low expectations.

We will be in the mix, after administration points deductions.

8 minutes ago, USABlue said:

We will be in the mix, after administration points deductions.

We will be in the mix even without a points deduction.

We won't have any money to spend to begin with.

They're operating a policy of insisting players leave before any incomings are sanctioned, and yet won't even sanction departures until they are happy with the fee and terms, so expect to see weeks tick by with stalemate.

Like last summer we'll be picking up last minute loans in late August and expecting those people to come in and hit the ground running.

Once entrenched in a relegation scrap it is extremely difficult to pull out of it.

At the best I expect we'll follow Charlton next season and plod along in mid-table. More likely we'll follow Blackpool/Coventry into League Two within a couple of seasons.

The only way that will be avoided is if they hand over transfers to Ewood Park and don't actively try to sell all our players, leaving us with a core that could be built around if those players were prepared to stay for a season to try and get back up (like Bolton and Wigan did). We all know those things aren't going to happen.

It will be a step by step repeat of last summer. Only difference is it might not start with a failed managerial selection process as Mowbray is already here and might be prepared to hang around for the summer unlike Lambert.

Rovers have nothing but a further relegation and administration.

Consider this, if Brum win on Saturday and we lose the we are down. Is it then plausible for Venkyscum to put us into administration? We then go into next season with a 15 point (possibly more) deduction and will require 5 wins just to equalise a zero points tally. That's a big ask when you consider just what kind of squad we will have.

The nightmare seems like it will never end.

Venkys should be hung drawn and quartered for the crimes committed against our club.

There will be two possible courses if/when we go down.

Option 1 is the administration route. Clearly this involves short term suffering, chaos and likely relegation into League Two next season. The positive is that it would be quick, we would know where we stood and might mean the end of Venkys. Question marks over the future of the club but a chance of a rebirth under different ownership.

Option 2 is the business as usual route. Another statement of 'commitment' from the owners, another round of cutbacks, another downscale in every department, assembling a squad of loans and kids, drifting for a few seasons in League One before relegation in a few years to League Two. Venkys stay and do the bare minimum to keep the club in business and keep the doors open, but nothing more. 2 managers come and go every year, a turnover of an entire squad every summer, crowds dropping to record lows for this club and all the time Mike Cheston telling us that we can't expect any better.

My money is on option 2.

Got to agree with you it's option 2. Venkys have clearly shown they won't let the club go, so we'll continue on the slow cycle of destruction.

Tbh administration would be better as we'd have a chance of recovering post Vs and if we didn't - I'm not sure that would be worse than eternity under Venkys rule.

19 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

today is your chance to wave goodbye to 16 of the 25 man squad 

polite applause to thank them for their efforts 

We should be railroading the lazy set of bar stewards. If we go down, they are partially to blame - after all, they have been paid well to give their all, which some clearly haven't.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, JHRover said:

Whatever business we do in the summer it will be flawed and doomed to fail

A bit harsh that JHR.

Anyway, moving on. Don't be surprised if Rovers make a swoop for free agent Paddy Lacey soon. £10k a week should do it split 3 or 4 ways. 12 month contract.

Season is over and plenty of work needed to be done across the summer. 

To update: 

The outs so far: 

Gallagher (end of loan)
Henley

Brown

Greer

Hoban (end of loan)

Hendrie (end of loan)

Guthrie

Lowe

Joao (end of loan)

Emnes (end of loan)

Akpan

Mahoney 

I would offer Mahoney, Guthrie and Lowe new contracts, we need bodies. 

I would look to offload Steele, bring up Wharton, Tomlimson, Doyle. 
I also actually quite like the look of Jordan Willis from Coventry and Jonathan Obika from Swindon Town. 

On 24 April 2017 at 5:12 PM, Lancaster Rover said:

Wigan and rotherham already have squads with experience in getting out of league 1, we have a load of loanees, out of contract players and kids. Wigan will need to add/swap in a couple of players, we need a whole new squad, again.

Wigan are already sniffing around a couple of Rochdale's better players according to Keith Hill.

I can't see us heading the queue for any up and coming league one starlets, these lads are so far from wages that we are used to in the top two leagues. These players have mortgages, bills etc that they feel every month. With the club on such weak footings could they guarantee their contracts would be honoured and they would be paid every month. If your son was signing for a club what would make you want him to head for Ewood, I'm struggling.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

To update: 

The outs so far: 

Gallagher (end of loan)
Henley

Brown

Greer

Hoban (end of loan)

Hendrie (end of loan)

Guthrie

Lowe

Joao (end of loan)

Emnes (end of loan)

Akpan

Mahoney 

I would offer Mahoney, Guthrie and Lowe new contracts, we need bodies. 

I also actually quite like the look of Jordan Willis from Coventry and Jonathan Obika from Swindon Town. 

I'd take Akpan instead of Lowe, and would also offer Emnes a deal (OOC at Swansea).

Rovers squad will be very different to the one to the current squad.

Out of contract players I expect to leave are:- Lowe, Akpan, Henley, Greer, Brown. Mahoney. saving around 60k a week on wages there

I think Guthrie will be offered a new contract

I think Mulgrew, Graham, Stokes, Steele and Feeney will leave aswell. I hope Mulgrew and Graham do stay but cant see it

Not sure if Lenihan will leave.

Plus Emnes, Gallagher, Joao, Hoban and Hendrie will all go back to their parent clubs.

So the squad will look like this

GK- Raya, Fisher

DEF- Nymabe, Lenihan, Wharton, Ward, Williams Travis Doyle

MID- Bennett, Guthrie(If he re-sign here) Conway Tomlinson Hardcastle Rankie-Costello

STR- ?

Transfer needed

1 Right back, 1 centre back, 2 centre midfielders, 1 winger with pace, 3 strikers(target man or pacey players) and 1 experience keeper

I would look at Rochdale pacey winger Nathaniel Mendez Laing, Norwich midfielder Louis Thompson, Cardiff midfield Tom Adeyemi who has been on loan at Rotherham and Could do a swap deal for Feeney there who Warnock wanted to sign in January

But the bigger thing we need is a proper recruitment plan that fit into the head coach tactics and style of play. I really hope we have Mowbray as head coach.

I'd boot Akpan straight through the door he's one of the worst examples of a player only putting it in when he feels like it. League 1 is a battle ground of long balls and even worse officials. Get every shirker out the door now.

33 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

To update: 

The outs so far: 

Gallagher (end of loan)
Henley

Brown

Greer

Hoban (end of loan)

Hendrie (end of loan)

Guthrie

Lowe

Joao (end of loan)

Emnes (end of loan)

Akpan

Mahoney 

I would offer Mahoney, Guthrie and Lowe new contracts, we need bodies

None of those players will be signing new contracts. Not now we are in league one.

We need to sell (more likely give away) Graham, Evans, Conway, Mulgrew & Steele as their wages will be too high.

Even Feeney and Ward will most likely be on too much.

The worst to see leave will be Lenihan. We brought him through the ranks and now he's made his way into the first team, we will be flogging him for a criminally low fee.

The "Rebuild" will probably start with Raya, Nyambe & Williams, who are likely to be the only current squad members to be still be here but I wouldn't say that's a dead cert either.

We need to hope some of our young lads are up to the challenge because I'd wager promoting a group of those is top of Senior/Cheston/W@nkys priority list. 

Finally, I'd forget eyeing the best league one has to offer, Venkys will not be putting in any serious cash to fund a promotion push.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Out of contract players I expect to leave are:- Lowe, Akpan, Henley, Greer, Brown. Mahoney. saving around 60k a week on wages there

I think Mulgrew, Graham, Stokes, Steele and Feeney will leave aswell. I hope Mulgrew and Graham do stay but cant see it

Plus Emnes, Gallagher, Joao, Hoban and Hendrie will all go back to their parent clubs.

GK- Raya, Fisher

MID- Bennett, Guthrie(If he re-sign here) Conway Tomlinson Hardcastle Rankie-Costello

STR- ?

Transfer needed

1 Right back, 1 centre back, 2 centre midfielders, 1 winger with pace, 3 strikers(target man or pacey players) and 1 experience keeper

I would look at Rochdale pacey winger Nathaniel Mendez Laing, Norwich midfielder Louis Thompson, Cardiff midfield Tom Adeyemi who has been on loan at Rotherham and Could do a swap deal for Feeney there who Warnock wanted to sign in January

But the bigger thing we need is a proper recruitment plan that fit into the head coach tactics and style of play. I really hope we have Mowbray as head coach.

Good god how many times are we going to go down this road? 

No money. Zilch. Zero Deniros. Nil pounds. Not a penny. Piggy bank is empty. No signings. No transfers. Freebies and cost cutting. No Nathaniel Mendez Laing, no Louis Thompson, no Tom Adeyemi. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

GK- Raya, Fisher

STR- ?

Transfer needed

The fly in the ointment is that all of the players we want to keep will be the only ones that other teams come in for. The only thing about Venkys stubbornness is that if a player has a contract then he won't leave unless they get an offer that they deem satisfactory.

(Just a shame they feel the same way about the club).

It will therefore depend on how much players kick off with their agents and if Venkys will keep paying the wages. For all the bravado from Senior I'm not sure I have heard much in the way of promises to support the club financially in recent times. The loan position suggesting the opppsite.

Archived