BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Www.venkysout.com

Madon

• Backroom

Good Evening,

I've recently started work on a new website, designed to highlight to fans of other clubs what is actually going on at Blackburn Rovers.

I don't want to get sued, so I wont be uploading any private emails etc onto the website, I want to post quotes and cold hard facts on there that are already in the public domain but use the website as a hub and keep it all stored on one easily accessible website.

If anybody has any suggestions, or any quotes I can add to the quotes page then please post them in this thread, please provide a source for any news links, quotes etc.

http://www.venkysout.com

Many thanks,

Matt.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening,

I've recently started work on a new website, designed to highlight to fans of other clubs what is actually going on at Blackburn Rovers.

I don't want to get sued, so I wont be uploading any private emails etc onto the website, I want to post quotes and cold hard facts on there that are already in the public domain but use the website as a hub and keep it all stored on one easily accessible website.

If anybody has any suggestions, or any quotes I can add to the quotes page then please post them in this thread, please provide a source for any news links, quotes etc.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Really smart website.

Presenting the situation so professionally can only help

I suggest changing the quote to: "The story of how Blackburn Rovers have gone from one of the best run football clubs in the UK to a club in complete turmoil in just 6 years". Just reads a little better in my opinion.

Perhaps but some of the quotes from Venky's with a big red LIE! next to them? Examples could include the promise to respect Jack's legacy, the promise of a champions league football etc. There's plenty about.

Also add there's more to complete on the bottom of the timeline or something. However, don't think you'll be able to put together such an in depth timeline 4 years long any time soon. A lot has gone in.

Maybe even a mission statement or something? I mean, I know this isn't going to go down the route of a supporters club (although, being frank, there needs to be a lot more vocal action from the ones we do have..) but it would be nice for visitors to the site that aren't Rovers fans to have a quick brief of what it's all about and what we want/why we want it.

Again pal, great work.

Great work Madon.

I was going to suggest on here that we have all the mainstream media articles that have been published on Venkys, the takeover and the agents all in one sticky thread on here. Maybe you could collect them on your website in a 'newspaper articles sub-section? Those 4 David Conn ones i posted on the Red cafe pretty much give chapter and verse on what happens. There's also the Nick Harris articles, one in The Mail on Sunday, the other on his website:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272514/Nick-Harris-Why-wont-FA-tell-whats-going-Blackburn.html

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/01/15/revealed-the-letter-that-exposes-the-history-of-blackburn-rovers-crisis-150102/

add in the LT article on Kentaro and their links with the FA and you build an idea of why this was all swept under the carpet.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8738350.So_just_who_are_Kentaro_and_the_SEM_group_/

Also, the Daily Mirror articles. Warning - may contain images of Coyle & Kean:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/blackburn-relegated-how-venkys-wrecked-823652

and the '20 Kean quotes' one

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-kean-20-damning-quotes-823871

• Backroom

Don't worry, I've spent no more than a few hours on it so far.

I'm well aware it's in a bit of a state at the moment with loads more content to add.

I'm at a football tournament this morning with my kids team and then going rovers so I'll have a mess around with it tonight.

Well done on the site.

I've added it to the comments section of the latest Rovers board statement on social media. Hopefully more fans will take the time to click on it and read it.

How about the match stats for THAT game at white heart lane, a game we had to win to have a chance of staying in the Prem.

Also some clever SEO could get your site appearing in Google search whenever someone does a search for Venkys.

Good Evening,

Many thanks,

Matt.

Well done on setting up the site Matt, this has loads of potential.

Once the site has a good amount of content it would be a good idea to install a multi language plugin and get the content translated into hindu? or whatever language is most commonly used around the Pune area. The aim would be to get the site indexed on google.co.in as well as google.com and google.co.uk.

There's also the possibility of getting the site up on google for searches related to "Venky's" in the organic search.

We could even purchase a virtual address in Pune and get the site connected to a google+ business page. This would then "hopefully" ensure the site comes up on google.co.in for related searches.

Well done on setting up the site Matt, this has loads of potential.

Once the site has a good amount of content it would be a good idea to install a multi language plugin and get the content translated into hindu? or whatever language is most commonly used around the Pune area. The aim would be to get the site indexed on google.co.in as well as google.com and google.co.uk.

There's also the possibility of getting the site up on google for searches related to "Venky's" in the organic search.

We could even purchase a virtual address in Pune and get the site connected to a google+ business page. This would then "hopefully" ensure the site comes up on google.co.in for related searches.

In fact, if we were able to purchase a virtual address in Pune we could use this address on all promotion related to the website. Such as a facebook business page and a twitter business page. All connected to a Pune address.

Also, if we had funds we could run a facebook ad campaign for our facebook business page and target a geographic area of 100 miles around our address in Pune.

There'a loads of possibilities to target them online in India.

How about the match stats for THAT game at white heart lane, a game we had to win to have a chance of staying in the Prem.

Also some clever SEO could get your site appearing in Google search whenever someone does a search for Venkys.

Don't forget to also add subbing best player and top scorer Yakubu after 70 minutes.

Kean threw that Spurs game without a doubt, just why who knows but it stank and even the guys in the Sky studio where scratching their heads. The one thing it did do back then was highlight coco as a fraud in a mangers suit with his comments after the game, plenty comments around the media and others fans after that one.

People began to smell the rat !

Even Cryer plucked up enough courage to ask a difficult question in the press room after that surrender away at Spurs.

Apparently our very own Barry Agnew Chuckle was in the background doing throat slitting actions :P

Kean threw that Spurs game without a doubt, just why who knows but it stank and even the guys in the Sky studio where scratching their heads. The one thing it did do back then was highlight coco as a fraud in a mangers suit with his comments after the game, plenty comments around the media and others fans after that one.

People began to smell the rat !

My abiding memory from that game was the post match reaction from Gary Neville. What bewildered him was that we only committed something like four fouls and he said he expected a club fighting for its PL life would have had players flying into tackles. Of course if this was a deliberate ploy to 'throw' the game then some of the players must have been complicit too.

Archived