BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Www.venkysout.com

Madon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to the chap who's put together the site. I'm sat wondering this afternoon whether a legal case can be put together, about the ownership of the club. Not only is there evidence against what's been happening clearly in the public eye, I think there's a lot of people with stories to tell, under the right legal protection. 

If we are serious about getting our club back, I think we first need to put a legal case, along with Coventry, Pompey, Charlton Leeds and Orient (the list is endless), against the FA to start with, about their inability to act against the criminal mismanagement of clubs.

Surely if the FA lost this (which I believe they would, after what happened in Parliament recently), they'd have to act. If they didn't, who's to say we couldn't go after our owners as fans, for the destruction of a community asset (or something along those lines)? I honestly think we'd win given the club's recent performances in court. Was it not Shaw's tribunal case that they didn't even know what they were defending against?

It's only a thought, but surely someone with a legal background could shed some light on doing something like this. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

Well done to the chap who's put together the site. I'm sat wondering this afternoon whether a legal case can be put together, about the ownership of the club. Not only is there evidence against what's been happening clearly in the public eye, I think there's a lot of people with stories to tell, under the right legal protection. 

If we are serious about getting our club back, I think we first need to put a legal case, along with Coventry, Pompey, Charlton Leeds and Orient (the list is endless), against the FA to start with, about their inability to act against the criminal mismanagement of clubs.

Surely if the FA lost this (which I believe they would, after what happened in Parliament recently), they'd have to act. If they didn't, who's to say we couldn't go after our owners as fans, for the destruction of a community asset (or something along those lines)? I honestly think we'd win given the club's recent performances in court. Was it not Shaw's tribunal case that they didn't even know what they were defending against?

It's only a thought, but surely someone with a legal background could shed some light on doing something like this. 

philipl is your man.

13 hours ago, scotchrover said:

We might also encourage a few folk who have access to (serious) money and who claim to care about the plight of the club and its future to put said money where their mouth is, and offer to support a legal challenge being mounted.

It seems like the whole deck of cards is wobbling at the moment, so perhaps now is the time to give the rotten pile a good solid kick.

We've seen how Twitter campaigns got a lot of people involved previously.

On Venkysout, Create a page criticising (professionally) the FA over their involvement of Rovers.

Then, at set times, every time the FA tweet anything from the official FA twitter account we should all bombard them with replies asking what they are doing about Rovers along with a link to the page.

It will certainly be seen by a wide range of football fans, especially if we include any hashtags on the FA post. 

This directly targets embarrassing the FA and could also be used against other targets (skysports etc..)

• 2 months later...
Just now, Dunnfc said:

I think we could do with some sensible ideas of this board (Brfcs) on how this website can be improved, I was thinking a financial analysis page or something? What would you guys like Madon to do?

Good stuff on that website.

A section showing the league table of major trophy wins (unless i've missed it) - we are the 10th most successful club in English history, the only club to have won the League AND the premier league - stuff like that. Emphasize Rovers impressive history and their standing in the British game vs what's been destroyed by Venkys. OUR NATURAL LEVEL IS NOT A 3rd tier club (despite what some may think) so make that clear. Graph plotting league finishes/position - emphasise when venkys took over.

Aren't there official figures on agent spend - can these be shown? Anything that proves mismanagement. obviously must be factually correct from official sources.

The banner at the top is too big - if you click on a section, you're not aware that a new page has appeared below (at least in my browser anyway).

36 minutes ago, toogs said:

The banner at the top is too big - if you click on a section, you're not aware that a new page has appeared below (at least in my browser anyway).

Aye same for me too and I agree its a bit big 

Id prefer a smaller banner myself 

Untitled-1.jpg

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Is there a full copy of the unedited transcript of the Club and Fans meeting on the site with an explanation. These should be keep for refetence yet accessible which the site would provide.

Unedited script is on here but we will be chasing the club up on those items they wanted to confirm later. ;)

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Anyone who believes our ' natural place' is as a third tier club must have been lobotomised!

:wacko:

We have only previously been in the Third Division for Five seasons since we were founder members of the Football League in 1888. And in 2 of those seasons we got promoted! 

And yet supposed life long fans deem it our natural level to suit their agenda.  Plain madness. 

I await their theory on natural evolution in football.  They dont like being wrong. 

Archived