BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

One point that should be raised is a guarantee that one of the raos should be at the September meeting they are getting plenty of notice as there is no chance of them or pasha  (if he's still in the country) attending the next meeting. If they can't guarantee it everyone should walk out 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These meetings are theoretically a good idea to build rapport but at Rovers are a complete feckin waste of supporters time.

I admire the resilience of those who will be going but feel sorry as they will leave disappointed.

Venkys out and take the other cults with you.

A Club source has tipped me off about part of the presentations.

Apparently the longer term plan is to maximise gate income from local derbies against Blackpool, AFC Fylde, Chorley and AFC Darwen.

Wayne Wild and WEC are to sponsor the pre-match watering of the pitch and Leavers Bakers are to produce a special pie called the 'Chicken Balaji Pie'.

The sting in the tail is that the JW Stand will close for conversion into a Lidl and the players will have to use the BBE prayer room as their new changing facilities.

In a nutshell all is well at Ewood Park although the are waiting on a good moment (the announcement that a female virgin over the age of 16 has been found in Burnley) to bury the news that Ewood is to be known as the 'Tasty Chicken Shack'.

4 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Depends what objective is in mind when attending if it is a waste of time or not.

Mike & Paul won't be relishing the evening and won't be leaving disappointed.

If everything that doesn't simply make Venky's leave immediately is a waste of time then we might as well all roll over and buy season tickets.

I hope those who go get what they want out of it. 

Where have I ever suggested rolling over for the Venkys? You read me wrong.

Buying a ST and watching Rovers play is up to the individual concerned. However I do not think that fans who attend are rolling over either.

On 28/03/2017 at 6:58 PM, Dunnfc said:

Latest Rubbish 

Picture1.png

Whilst I agree that this is mostly just ticking boxes and will likely mean nothing, I can't help but feel this is something fans should still get involved in.

The agenda is particularly interesting, as A-E are all very relevant concerns. I'd like to have seen a part on being committed to keeping academy G1 but perhaps that can be in the supporter questions part.

Im interested in e) in particular, if a nouvelle transparent approach is taken, I'd feel a hell of a lot better about the future and the intentions of those most recently charged with the "reigns". That links to Athletes, and many other fans concerns about the difference between previous owners being fans, having the intention for the correct reasons et al.

We all know, at the end of the day - words mean nothing, actions mean everything. So far, actions have determined a legitimate reason to doubt every future promise or reaction but when the difference fans can make (in terms of the ownership) is negligible, I feel we are stricken to, at least take part in these meetings.

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Who is going and how did the people going receive an invite?

The club have asked every geoup of fans they were aware of to nominate up to 5 people to attend. Off the top of my head these include the Fans Forum, the Action Group, the Trust, the disabled supporters. The 100 club, brfcs.com, roverstalk.com. There are probably others. In addition last time they invited another 10 fans at random.

On the Academy I am sure they will confirm their commitment as they did at the Forum two weeks ago. What happened was that, like  a number of other clubs, grade 1 status was approved for one year pending some work to be done. The club confirmed that they had just sent a letter confirming that all the work had been done and they were therefore expecting the status to be extended to three years shortly.

providing I can get there on time (6pm start) I'll post regular unbiased updates on Twitter...if you are on it, you can follow me

<--

I'll try my best to reply but if not will try and do a Q&A later this evening when I get home.

:brfc:

7 minutes ago, AndyNeil said:

providing I can get there on time (6pm start) I'll post regular unbiased updates on Twitter...if you are on it, you can follow me

<--

I'll try my best to reply but if not will try and do a Q&A later this evening when I get home.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Living in Spain, I am unable to attend and will be interested in how this goes. I hope some proper answers are given and the important questions, that I know people want to ask, are asked and answered honestly. A fobbing off evening, should not be tolerated.

Just now, 1arC said:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Living in Spain, I am unable to attend and will be interested in how this goes. I hope some proper answers are given and the important questions, that I know people want to ask, are asked and answered honestly. A fobbing off evening, should not be tolerated.

I was hoping to stream it live through my Instagram account but I'm not sure that they would be well received by those at the club, so guess that this is the next best option...

Just now, AndyNeil said:

I was hoping to stream it live through my Instagram account but I'm not sure that they would be well received by those at the club, so guess that this is the next best option...

It would be brilliant if you could do that, but like you say, it won't be well received. When you think about it, there is no reason why it shouldn't be allowed, but I reckon you will be stopped.

Key questions not on the agenda:

- Why was Coyle appointed, why wasn't he sacked earlier? Who is taking responsibility for the appointment, because it will be the number 1 reason if relegation should happen.

- Why has the club still got a payroll in the upper half of the league given the players that have left? And why is the pre-season aim only to finish "higher than last season" when our wage costs show we should be competing in the top half. Huddersfield being a prime example of what is possible.

- Senior says Venkys put £10m in a year. When are they going to put the £10m in this year?

2 hours ago, AndyNeil said:

<--

Thanks Andy

Question about recruitment.

PS says TM will define gaps within his squad, and then it will be down to the recruitment and scouting team to draw up a shortlist.

They will draw up a criteria and then PS will look at it from a financial perspective.

The key areas on recruitment are cost, quality and personality, which Senior says are key.

"If I'm skilful enough at my job, then the decisions will be co-owned."

Question now about managerial appointments.

Paul Senior says he believes Mowbray's arrival to be a positive appointment and is happy that it seems to be working out.

PS says he only met with one manager about the job to replace Owen Coyle and that was Tony Mowbray

Archived