BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meeting With The Club.

Neal

I'm starting this thread with regards to the planned meeting with the club for people to discuss topics and and things they feel should be mentioned.

To get things kicked off may I suggest something?

Dont attend, any of us, not one single person. We have been trying to get them to engage for years now with no success and lets be honest no amount of words can change the current situation. Presuming the owners will not attend the meeting and in light of the recent meetting with a group of fans where Mike Cheston admitted that he did not know the intentions of the owners... What could be said at this meeting to appease the fans? Nothing. It's a pointless exercise. Coyle is due to attend, what can he say? Nothing. He's not important.

The owners and it seems factions in the club over the years have turned their backs on us, now they're desperate they're pleading for discussions. I'd prefer if we gave them the same treatment and respond with a letter from the fans stating that the time to engage has passed and we are no longer interested in what the club or the owners have to say and the only thing in the fans interest is for them to sell the club. I understand my views don't represent every Rovers fan so if there are fans who wish to attend then perhaps the letter could be delivered to them in person at the meeting? I maintain though, talking to Coyle and the puppet Mike Cheston will accomplish nothing, it's pointless.

Words will not fix this.

Venkys Out.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be declining it on the basis of six years continued witnessing of the destruction of our club.

They've has so long to do this with fans so because fans are revolting now they want to try?

A night with Cheston will ensure 0% answers to anything worthwhile asked.

They've ignored the fans so we should ignore them now and carry on what we are doing. Trouble it's an opportunity to get points across face to face in public. It won't make the slightest difference and I'm not really interested in anything most of those sycophants have to say because it will just be flannel.

Be nice to watch them sit and listen to the fans though so they can't spin it as being just about results or clownpants dingle.

I'm starting this thread with regards to the planned meeting with the club for people to discuss topics and and things they feel should be mentioned.

To get things kicked off may I suggest something?

Dont attend, any of us, not one single person. We have been trying to get them to engage for years now with no success and lets be honest no amount of words can change the current situation. Presuming the owners will not attend the meeting and in light of the recent meetting with a group of fans where Mike Cheston admitted that he did not know the intentions of the owners... What could be said at this meeting to appease the fans? Nothing. It's a pointless exercise. Coyle is due to attend, what can he say? Nothing. He's not important.

The owners and it seems factions in the club over the years have turned their backs on us, now they're desperate they're pleading for discussions. I'd prefer if we gave them the same treatment and respond with a letter from the fans stating that the time to engage has passed and we are no longer interested in what the club or the owners have to say and the only thing in the fans interest is for them to sell the club. I understand my views don't represent every Rovers fan so if there are fans who wish to attend then perhaps the letter could be delivered to them in person at the meeting? I maintain though, talking to Coyle and the puppet Mike Cheston will accomplish nothing, it's pointless.

Words will not fix this.

Venkys Out.

Disagree, and only because not everyone will boycott, so you'd end up with venkys being sent pictures of the happy superfans and the meeting notes....which I can only imagine.

We need to get the message across that we want the owners out.

IMO it Would be better if the fans attended, a nominated person read out a statement, and a copy of the petition was handed over - this all to be filmed, and also broadcast live on something like periscope.

Disagree, and only because not everyone will boycott, so you'd end up with venkys being sent pictures of the happy superfans and the meeting notes....which I can only imagine.

IMO it Would be better if the fans attended, a nominated person read out a statement, and a copy of the petition was handed over - this all to be filmed, and also broadcast live on something like periscope.

Thats fair enough. Like I say purpose of this thread is so we can discuss how we get the point accross accurately. A statement is certainly needed but it must contain nothing else than our desire for them to sell up and leave.

Can all Rovers Supporters groups send a two worded reply to Cheston/Venkys/SEM's invite.

The various supporters groups should issue a joint statement via the FSF in reply to the boards insulting letter to us. That way it gets our point across I the public domain and cannot be spun or twisted Cheston et al

The perfect opportunity to let Coyle know that the ensuing protests are nothing to do with his appointment (although an element of the protests are, in an indirect way) and that it's a full on effort to rid ourselves of Venky's. Nothing more, nothing less.

On transfer policy, I would also ask an open question, with regard to what Big Sam mentions in his autobiography. That is when Jerome Anderson provided him with a list of his/Kentaro player targets against Sam's own list of the players Sam had targeted. I would ask Cheston, or whichever Rovers employee attends, why they think that was (we know the answer and they will know the answer) and is this system still being operated.

It would lead in to a whole host of other difficult questions that could be put to them including why Coyle was indeed appointed whilst Cheston was on holiday after believing Warnock was being given the job.

Surely the only people who can answer the important questions will not be in attendance- Venky's and their project partners.

Funny isn't all the bluster about the hard face business women Desai facing up to 5000 angry chicken farmers and yet she is nowhere to be seen . More fairy tales from the takeover period

It would lead in to a whole host of other difficult questions that could be put to them including why Coyle was indeed appointed whilst Cheston was on holiday after believing Warnock was being given the job.

I know he's meant to have admitted this to BRAG but he will not admit to this again.

Cheston would easily dodge any questions regarding events prior to his employment with 'I wasn't here so I'm unable to comment'

Waste of time.

This needs to be boycotted and a letter presented with the reasons why.

Yep. Unfortuntely I fear a few egos will want to turn up and have their voice heard. Totally pointless.

I'd ask why a media release was being prepared for Neil Warnock by the club before Venkys appointed Coyle at the last minute behind the back of the Board who had done all the interviews.

Would be interesting to know and I understand peoples thirst for answers, would it change anything though? Might help on the off chance that someone slips up and provides some sort of evidence of wrong doing... Although i doubt it.

• Backroom

As mentioned elsewhere, it needs openly asking of someone and answering (recorded answer):

Why does BRFC wish to intimidate or indeed silence its fans instead of putting things right?

What is the club so scared of? What are they hiding?

There's only one question that needs answering and if they'd say it and make decisions in relation to it - none of this would be necessary.

Just tell us what the long term goal is. I'm sure 99% of rovers fans would feel better just knowing the end goal! If you want to stay and not invest then tell us, if you want to sell the club but only for certain offers, tell us!

The lack of communication will just breed conspiracy and you can't blame fans for believing some of them.

Don't tell us you seek "further enhancement" and then sell our captain. That confusion breeds anger. If they said "right we've totally screwed up, we need to save money, we can't invest" - there would still be questions but nowhere near the current hysteria ignorance causes.

I wish there was a way that I could explain to the owners just how watching rovers now lacks any enjoyment factor. It's not the position in league, it's not the lack of playing staff, it's not the poor quality - it's certainly not the manager but he doesn't help. It's the sheer lack of anything to look forward to.

If they said they wanted to get as much dough back and the bail out - I'd be chanting for 90 minutes again (maybe not...) just revelling in the notion that they'd eventually "bail out".

Archived