BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just come across this on the Rovers website (at end of feature about Charlie Mulgrew) -

"Rovers supporters are reminded that upon entry into the stadium, they agree to adhere to the Ground Regulations.
Any supporters who contravene these rules could face potential criminal prosecution and/or banning orders imposed by the club.
The club urges all supporters to behave in an appropriate manner and to show their full support to the team".
So the threats begin...................................

Those are the rules that apply every week, nothing new here, whats the worse that can happen? a ban and fine, it could be worth it to get the publicity.

Just had a terrible thought that some of our deluded fans may boo those leaving on the 75th minute, Sky pick up on it and twist it into "the majority of fans in the ground are staying and are backing the owners" type thing. You've got to think this is unlikely but you never know, as previously mentioned on here those staying in the ground should acknowledge those leaving by clapping and making some noise. I'm really looking forward to Saturday, mainly because I don't have to watch as much of the game as usual 😉

Just had a terrible thought that some of our deluded fans may boo those leaving on the 75th minute, Sky pick up on it and twist it into "the majority of fans in the ground are staying and are backing the owners" type thing. You've got to think this is unlikely but you never know, as previously mentioned on here those staying in the ground should acknowledge those leaving by clapping and making some noise. I'm really looking forward to Saturday, mainly because I don't have to watch as much of the game as usual 😉

I think booing is exactly what some will do unfortunately, which is a shame because I wouldn't boo anyone for not taking part.

I think booing is exactly what some will do unfortunately, which is a shame because I wouldn't boo anyone for not taking part.

If that happens then I'm honestly done with this football club and my season ticket is going in the bin

Not sure, I suppose it depends on what grounds the police were asking for them and which names/numbers they were asking for. If it was limited to a small number of potential trouble makers who were threatening to break the law or who had broken the law previously then that would probably be fine, but if they've handed over the database of all registered Rovers fans with contact details I'd say that's unacceptable.

If my name and details have found their way into police hands I'd like to know why. I've never broken a law or threatened to do anything, so I don't think it is acceptable if my details have been passed to the police.

As ever Rovers will be more than happy to help. Home fans come last at Rovers these days.

The way this club treats it fans, with disdain and disrespect, it wouldn't surprise me if they contacted the police themselves, with a list of contact names and numbers they have collected over the years of fans that stand up to them.

@#/? genius'.

That BBC report doesn't get written until the BBC journalists are told not to ask about the 1875 protest this morning. I doubt the BBC even knew.

What a @#/? own goal. There is now an article on the biggest sports website in the UK, potentially the world and its ALL their own doing.

Yes, six years of @#/? and misery and without a doubt fans will be booing fans standing up against the owners, even though it the owners that has got us here.

I'm either mad, insane or we have some of the strangest fans ever for not seeing who the real enemy is.

Now where did I put that prozac.

The same will stay ....... then boo the team off if we don't win probably. So many contradictions amongst our splintered fanbase these days :(

Just had a terrible thought that some of our deluded fans may boo those leaving on the 75th minute, Sky pick up on it and twist it into "the majority of fans in the ground are staying and are backing the owners" type thing. You've got to think this is unlikely but you never know, as previously mentioned on here those staying in the ground should acknowledge those leaving by clapping and making some noise. I'm really looking forward to Saturday, mainly because I don't have to watch as much of the game as usual

Those fans staying, should stand up and clap those walking out.

I thiught this game might be on Bein Spirts iver here but it is not. Anyone pm me legal internet broadcast I might be able to watch in the US.

Just saw this on Sky site

"

Follow all the action as Blackburn host Wolves in the Sky Bet Championship at Elland Road. Live on Sky Sports 1."

When did we start ground sharing

I thiught this game might be on Bein Spirts iver here but it is not. Anyone pm me legal internet broadcast I might be able to watch in the US.

"

Follow all the action as Blackburn host Wolves in the Sky Bet Championship at Elland Road. Live on Sky Sports 1."

Dont even joke about it

"

You can hardly blame the sky reporter for that, every other championship match is from sodding Elland Road after all. Then again, maybe it is? That would be one way of avoiding any unseemly protests.

Archived