BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

Well said Ste B. This is no longer a football site and is fast becoming unreadable.

Because it's no longer a football club in the real sense of the term. It's a con.

This, in any case, is a Rovers site, about everything Rovers.

Since the club is dying before our eyes, it would seem a bit remiss to concentrate on the football!

Suits those myopic fans who are only interested in events on the field but no-one else.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't referring to the Rovers Trust, I was talking about the Walker Trust. Having said that I don't think the Rovers Trust will ever be viable as majority shareholders or owners of the club, at best a 20-30% minority share for them.

Sorry, simple misunderstanding. Agree with everything you wrote.

Because it's no longer a football club in the real sense of the term. It's a con.

This, in any case, is a Rovers site, about everything Rovers.

Since the club is dying before our eyes, it would seem a bit remiss to concentrate on the football!

Suits those myopic fans who are only interested in events on the field but no-one else.

F*** the name/Club

Support the fans!

Enough said.

Most fans only care about what goes on, on the pitch, its a Saturday afternoon out away from the wives, a beer with their mates on a Tuesday/Wednesday evening, these are not real fans, the real supporters are the ones who put the effort into ensuring their is a club left for their children and grandchildren, as long as their is a team playing on the pitch they couldn't give a toss at what happens of it. The irony is, when there is no club left, these "fans' will be wishing they had done something while they could whilst trapsing around m & s with their mrs on a Saturday afternoon.

Most fans only care about what goes on, on the pitch, its a Saturday afternoon out away from the wives, a beer with their mates on a Tuesday/Wednesday evening, these are not real fans, the real supporters are the ones who put the effort into ensuring their is a club left for their children and grandchildren, as long as their is a team playing on the pitch they couldn't give a toss at what happens of it. The irony is, when there is no club left, these "fans' will be wishing they had done something while they could whilst trapsing around m & s with their mrs on a Saturday afternoon.

For me there are three types of Rovers matchgoers in 2016;

1) Activists; small in number, but will be the ones organising flag days, murals, protests and so on. Perhaps partial to a bit of brfcs.com

2) Fans that are absolutely gutted with the way the club has gone, but see their role to support regardless- this is a fallow period for a club that has experienced them before, yes it was all avoidable, but we are where we are. Many of this group wouldn't protest themselves, but have no issue with it, just probably think it will fall on deaf ears. Plenty of my peers are in that boat.

3) 'There's none so blind as those who will not see'- For me the most frustrating crew. 'Venky's were badly advised, they are trying to turn it around', 'it was the fans that got us relegated last time', 'Wolves is the most important game in our history, how dare you walk out the ground on 75 mins', 'we are a small club, this is our level'. Struggled to fathom them in 2011, defintely can't now.

Here's a classic 3) for you Matty!

Brockhall Bill

12:14pm Thu 27 Oct 16

NO. It is ill timed and ill advised. Saturday's game v Wolves is a watershed moment for the remainder of the season. Anything other than 3 points is unthinkable. A defeat would send Rovers into freefall. It could be relegation by Christmas. Anything other than a full 90 minutes support for the team is not an option. Venky's are going no where, until they decide. Accept that and get over it. By all means have your banners, chant what you may, even protest outside the ground prior to the game, aka Kean style. But inside Ewood it has to be full support for the team . Anything else is shameful .
Take a lesson from Liverpool's example when they wanted rid of poor owners, the texans Hick and Gillette. Did they protest inside Anfield during games ? NO. They showed the world what good supporters they were and won respect for doing so, leading to Fenway deciding they were worth investing in and buying out Hick/Gillette. Would any company think Rovers stay away fans were investing in ? NO.
Liverpool showed the way to get rid of poor owners, by keeping their protest outside of match days. Mind you they did have an inspirational and inventive protest organisation. Unlike our BRAG, who seem to have lost their way with both ideas and inititive. Although i did think taking the protest to Venky's door step in India was a good idea. Whatever happened to that ? But match day at Ewood, NO. We really are to near to relegation becoming a reallity.

By the way (can"t think of anywhere else to put it!) Wolves 2nd in command tomorrow is none other than Scott Sellars.

What a player he was for us. He influenced me so much that I started wearing cycling shorts under fball shorts.

I'm engaged with other commitments so unable to be there to protest.

I cant see it being a 'one night only event' so that eases my guilt of missing it slightly

Brockhall Bill

NO. It is ill timed and ill advised. Saturday's game v Wolves is a watershed moment for the remainder of the season. Anything other than 3 points is unthinkable. A defeat would send Rovers into freefall. It could be relegation by Christmas. Anything other than a full 90 minutes support for the team is not an option. Venky's are going no where, until they decide. Accept that and get over it. By all means have your banners, chant what you may, even protest outside the ground prior to the game, aka Kean style. But inside Ewood it has to be full support for the team . Anything else is shameful .

Take a lesson from Liverpool's example when they wanted rid of poor owners, the texans Hick and Gillette. Did they protest inside Anfield during games ? NO. They showed the world what good supporters they were and won respect for doing so, leading to Fenway deciding they were worth investing in and buying out Hick/Gillette. Would any company think Rovers stay away fans were investing in ? NO.

Liverpool showed the way to get rid of poor owners, by keeping their protest outside of match days. Mind you they did have an inspirational and inventive protest organisation. Unlike our BRAG, who seem to have lost their way with both ideas and inititive. Although i did think taking the protest to Venky's door step in India was a good idea. Whatever happened to that ? But match day at Ewood, NO. We really are to near to relegation becoming a reallity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/06/liverpool-fans-walkout-thousands-ticket-price-protest

Liverpool have had their own walk out before. Won applause for it too.

Is that the Telegraph? All manners of garbage are spoken on that comments section.

We should 'get over' Venky's rule, and even though our impending relegation is completely their fault, a group of fans arriving and leaving early on Saturday will transfer that blame to the supporters. Good one that.

Sad state of affairs. There's been a number of baffling, widely held views of Rovers fans down the years but 2 in particular really take the biscuit:

• Wanting rid of Big Sam.
  • Shouting down Venkys-critics

I'll be there to protest on Saturday, but if I get stick then I'm walking out on 75 minutes and never going back. The sections of fans we've heard piping up in opposition to the protests in the past couple of weeks are a disgrace in my opinion. They deserve Venkys and Venkys deserve them, its a match made in heaven and they can sail down, and down, and down the leagues together. They think League 1 is bad or where it stabilises?? Deluded. Ask Stockport fans how the Conference North feels because that's the end game here, League 1 is a blummin way-point.

SKH, if you get stick, F them and be louder and prouder.

I got threatened and verbally abused numerous times in the 'Kean Out' days.

Even at Ipswich away, our 1st game back in the Championship.

Friends of mine are going and they are promising disruption. I expect them to pull it off.

loud and proud on Saturday, lets get our football club back and get these people out of our club. I ask all fans who don't want to join in the protest to respect our protest and not boo us because we are doing this for the good of our football club and for it to continue in the future.

Brockhall Bill

No chance that's 'written' by a Rover, it's got dingle written all over it, Brockhall Bill 😂

I'm sure we have a number of fans that share this view, but this isn't one of them in my opinion.

Not sure what purpose it serves posting it on here either, theirs definitely been a shift towards why we shouldn't protest in the past week, not sure why? Scare stories etc?

Protest if you want, it's your choice.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/06/liverpool-fans-walkout-thousands-ticket-price-protest

Liverpool have had their own walk out before. Won applause for it too.

Is that the Telegraph? All manners of garbage are spoken on that comments section.

We should 'get over' Venky's rule, and even though our impending relegation is completely their fault, a group of fans arriving and leaving early on Saturday will transfer that blame to the supporters. Good one that.

Yes was LT. So many Dingles infest it I usually don't both reading it but that caught my eye. Plenty more comments like it.

No chance that's 'written' by a Rover, it's got dingle written all over it, Brockhall Bill

I'm sure we have a number of fans that share this view, but this isn't one of them in my opinion.

Not sure what purpose it serves posting it on here either, theirs definitely been a shift towards why we shouldn't protest in the past week, not sure why? Scare stories etc?

Protest if you want, it's your choice.

Gav, I posted it because it illustrated Matty Blue's point. Anything wrong with that?

And I honestly think he is a Rovers fan or thinks he is. He is NOT alone on that site. To assume these views belong just to Dingles is to bury your head in the sand.

Gav, I posted it because it illustrated Matty Blue's point. Anything wrong with that?

And I honestly think he is a Rovers fan or thinks he is. He is NOT alone on that site. To assume these views belong just to Dingles is to bury your head in the sand.

Wind it in 47er, I understand the point you're making and acknowledged that above.

Far to much anti protest rhetoric on here for some reason this week and last, don't you agree?

Liverpool fans staged a walk out over ticket prices. They also did a heck of a lot more that Rovers fans ever have in their pursuit to get rid of H&G. And they got media backing as a result. Mainly because of all their Luvvie fans mind.

Did they concern themselves about getting worse owners? No, they knew they were in trouble and enough concerned fans did something.

WAR is certainly no Spirit of Shankly and we need such a group to provide focus, direction and unity.

But, again, with fans like "Bill" who see tomorrow's game as a must win and Rovers fans need to all get behind them due to a massive 3 points, we have no hope.

This is a benchmark for counting how many fans stand on each side of the fence.

There are those who see this as an individual, personal choice. Personally I feel we should behave as a fanbase, a crowd, a united front, but fine if people see themselves as individuals then get on and make your personal choice:

1) Choose to show that you have had enough and join in a one-off, part-game protest to show the numbers of people who feel the same and want Venkys to leave/sell.

2) Choose to show that you don't care if Venkys stay or go and that you are comfortable and, in good conscience, happy to continue to watch what they are doing to our club.

The odd win here and there are immaterial in the grand scheme of things. Being 2-0 up or 1-1 on 75 minutes are immaterial.

It may seem emotive but that is the stark reality - or at least the perception. As far as the TV cameras go there are only two camps tomorrow: Those who want Venkys gone and those who don't.

The club officials who are prepared to work within the terms set by Venkys (and their predecessors were certainly prepared to walk away instead) are desperately hoping tomorrow is a clear minority.

Will we be hearing on Monday that it is only 1% of the fanbase that are upset and the true fans can see what Venkys are trying to do here...? Because if that is the case then the LT need to be interviewing some of these people so the rest of us can see it too.

For me there are three types of Rovers matchgoers in 2016;

1) Activists; small in number, but will be the ones organising flag days, murals, protests and so on. Perhaps partial to a bit of brfcs.com

2) Fans that are absolutely gutted with the way the club has gone, but see their role to support regardless- this is a fallow period for a club that has experienced them before, yes it was all avoidable, but we are where we are. Many of this group wouldn't protest themselves, but have no issue with it, just probably think it will fall on deaf ears. Plenty of my peers are in that boat.

3) 'There's none so blind as those who will not see'- For me the most frustrating crew. 'Venky's were badly advised, they are trying to turn it around', 'it was the fans that got us relegated last time', 'Wolves is the most important game in our history, how dare you walk out the ground on 75 mins', 'we are a small club, this is our level'. Struggled to fathom them in 2011, defintely can't now.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of the present situation Mattyblue. I must admit that I'm in boat 2 along with many of my friends. I think the problems occur at the extremes of each group who aren't prepared to tolerate a different point of view. As long as each viewpoint is respected there is no reason for divisions amongst the fanbase. At the end of the day we all support the same club. As long as people treat each other with respect tomorrow there should be no problems between supporters.

Archived