BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

At tonight's meeting Birdy suggested a protest at the Wolves game, harnessing the important meaning of 1875 to Blackburn Rovers.

This was eventually fashioned into a simply but effective visual protest:

1) Create an empty ground by not taking your seat into the 18th minute.

2) Leave the ground (regardless of the score) on 75 minutes.

Who's going to walk with Birdy?

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That works if the entrance and departure is significant enough to get noticed, which probably needs those that are boycotting to turn up and take a full part. Creating a proper atmosphere whilst there and dead one when all have departed

Agreed. A campaign for stayaways to return for the game. Only problem is that it'll be a Cat A game so walk on will be expensive and it's on TV.

Will stay away fans unite behind this as a protest?

SG194. Having Birdy on-side with this will make a big difference to a lot of people. Besides, the essence of this was his idea.

This proposal was the only one agreed tonight.

It has legs and should be supported.

On the concourse until 18 minutes and then enter the stands with noise (referees whistles), banners and posters.

Leave on 75 minutes, with whistles, noise etc.

Those who are boycotting can blow their whistles outside.

At tonight's meeting Birdy suggested a protest at the Wolves game, harnessing the important meaning of 1875 to Blackburn Rovers.

This was eventually fashioned into a simply but effective visual protest:

1) Create an empty ground by not taking your seat into the 18th minute.

2) Leave the ground (regardless of the score) on 75 minutes.

Who's going to walk with Birdy?

Good, symbolic...but I am not sure it couldn't be minimised/avoided by SKY coverage...I would think the whistle blowing thing would achieve more...but it shouldn't be either or. For me, we need a whole menu of things for that day....

Good, symbolic...but I am not sure it couldn't be minimised/avoided by SKY coverage...I would think the whistle blowing thing would achieve more...but it shouldn't be either or. For me, we need a whole menu of things for that day....

Perhaps. And there is time to plan. Some points though:

1) Whatever we do needs to be coordinated and supported by a majority - so less is more and he simpler the better and more effective.

2) They could well bring in extra stewards in the concourse to stop people loitering and move them along. We may need to wait outside.

3) The club will try to prevent / ban / suppress whatever is organised. Any planning needs to somehow be done off-messageboard and announced closer to the time.

No use waiting outside Stuart. If the club smell trouble the gates would be closed immediately. T&Cs in tickets and STs reserve the right to refuse admission.

The club will already be on high alert for this match.

Someone had better tell the Sky commentators as to the relevance of 1875 because the outside world world won't have a clue what the date means and what the "protest" is all about.

Whereas running onto the pitch, sitting in the centre circle and pointing / singing at an empty directors box will be blatantly obvious to the watching thousands Jim?

It might make them ask questions, certainly. We also had massive banners back in the day, but you probably couldn't get them in the ground now. Let's face it, a few hundred people arriving in the 18th minute and leaving on the 75th is hardly going to start a revolution is it?

It might make them ask questions, certainly. We also had massive banners back in the day, but you probably couldn't get them in the ground now. Let's face it, a few hundred people arriving in the 18th minute and leaving on the 75th is hardly going to start a revolution is it?

Thousands of people outside the game singing about Jack walker as an "appreciation" on 75 minutes would send a real positive message about our support.

A few mentioned highlighting to potential owners that there is a real passionate fan base at this club to build up - the main part of Birdys idea to me is getting people back for a one off.

Archived